What should I do in this situation?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> Radom Thoughts | Sports | Kitchen Sink
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu, Jul 30 2009, 8:48 am EDT    Post subject: What should I do in this situation? Reply with quote

Yesterday, while driving back home, I saw two Cranbury police cars parked side by side in the middle of the road in our subdivision; the drivers were chatting.

I wanted to go home and did not know what to do (I did not want to pass them on the side of the road), so I waited behind. One police car moved a bit and then stopped. The cars were still in the middle of the road, but not side-by-side. I waited briefly, sensing they were not going to leave, so I just passed on the right side and went home. The police did not stop me, so I was relieved.

PostPosted: Thu, Jul 30 2009, 9:20 am EDT    Post subject: Re: What should I do in this situation? Reply with quote

You could report this to the police or the town officials.
Guest237

PostPosted: Thu, Jul 30 2009, 10:08 am EDT    Post subject: Re: What should I do in this situation? Reply with quote

I don't understand exactly what the problem was? where the officers abusive? Where they clearing up a call?What exactly are U going to report that 2 officers were talking in your neighborhood? I like it when I see officers visible in my neighborhood. What are u saying these officers did wrong? Stop picking on our cops!

PostPosted: Thu, Jul 30 2009, 10:15 am EDT    Post subject: Re: What should I do in this situation? Reply with quote

I think what you did was right. It seems the officer moved a bit to make sure you had enough room. I can't imagine they would have pulled you over when they were the ones blocking the road!

PostPosted: Thu, Jul 30 2009, 11:27 am EDT    Post subject: Re: What should I do in this situation? Reply with quote

Guest237 wrote:
I don't understand exactly what the problem was? where the officers abusive? Where they clearing up a call?What exactly are U going to report that 2 officers were talking in your neighborhood? I like it when I see officers visible in my neighborhood. What are u saying these officers did wrong? Stop picking on our cops!

I have no problem seeing cops in the neighborhood or talking to each other.

But park in the middle of the road and talking to each other? It's illegal. I'll get a ticket for that if they see me doing this with a friend and don't bother to move when there are cars approaching.

PostPosted: Thu, Jul 30 2009, 12:12 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: What should I do in this situation? Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
Guest237 wrote:

I have no problem seeing cops in the neighborhood or talking to each other.

But park in the middle of the road and talking to each other? It's illegal. I'll get a ticket for that if they see me doing this with a friend and don't bother to move when there are cars approaching.

This happened to me, I was in a neighborhood a while back and stopped to speak to a neighbor. We were in the middle of the road, side by side. An officer came up behind me, he had enough room and pulled next to us. He gave us a friendly hello and drove by slowly. We got the hint and moved on. No harm no foul.
Bottom line you won't get a ticket if it is a less traveled road.
Do that on Main Street and I hope you get a ticket !
Guest 2

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 2 2009, 8:32 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: What should I do in this situation? Reply with quote

Drive around, give the officers a bright and heartfelt hello and go about your day -- you've already thought about it too much.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> Radom Thoughts | Sports | Kitchen Sink All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1