Town Hall clock and nearby road condition
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> Radom Thoughts | Sports | Kitchen Sink
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon, Dec 7 2009, 7:13 pm EST    Post subject: Town Hall clock and nearby road condition Reply with quote

Just noticed that the Town Hall clock is about 5 minutes behind.

The road condition near the Town Hall is probably the worst in Cranbury. Do you think so?

PostPosted: Mon, Dec 7 2009, 7:31 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Town Hall clock and nearby road condition Reply with quote

Don't you have something better to do?

PostPosted: Mon, Dec 7 2009, 8:15 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Town Hall clock and nearby road condition Reply with quote

Road condition in what sense? The bottleneck of School Lane? How it is ridiculous and dangerous to only have 1 way in and 1 way out of the school and town hall?
Instead of a ballfield or new library why not invest in a secondary road in and out of the school?

PostPosted: Mon, Dec 7 2009, 9:10 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Town Hall clock and nearby road condition Reply with quote

Tried that. About 10 years ago. Township committee and school board came to an agreement. Then a group of concerned citizens decided an additional roadway off of park place would destroy Cranbury and scuttled it.

PostPosted: Mon, Dec 7 2009, 9:15 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Town Hall clock and nearby road condition Reply with quote

Guest wrote:

The road condition near the Town Hall is probably the worst in Cranbury. Do you think so?

I meant the surface of the road in and out of Town Hall from Main St. is pretty bad.

PostPosted: Mon, Dec 7 2009, 9:43 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Town Hall clock and nearby road condition Reply with quote

so if a bus, delivery truck, car breaks down in the middle of school lane, then what, everyone waits until it is towed out? I think it's time this issue was revisited.

PostPosted: Mon, Dec 7 2009, 9:51 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Town Hall clock and nearby road condition Reply with quote

All those problems were true ten years ago, it doesn't seem to matter.

PostPosted: Mon, Dec 7 2009, 10:11 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Town Hall clock and nearby road condition Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
so if a bus, delivery truck, car breaks down in the middle of school lane, then what, everyone waits until it is towed out? I think it's time this issue was revisited.

10 Years ago we had a state or federal grant for 2 million dollars. We had to give it back. The price today would be twice or three times as much and there is no grant money making it prohibitively expensive.

PostPosted: Mon, Dec 7 2009, 10:16 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Town Hall clock and nearby road condition Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I meant the surface of the road in and out of Town Hall from Main St. is pretty bad.

It's probably tough to block that area for repair.

PostPosted: Tue, Dec 8 2009, 11:42 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Town Hall clock and nearby road condition Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
The bottleneck of School Lane? How it is ridiculous and dangerous to only have 1 way in and 1 way out of the school and town hall?

Almost as ridiculous as seeing one big ass SUV after the other with one or two kids and a parent going down School lane Wink

Do something more pro-active and car pool, or beat the traffic and drop your kid a few minutes earlier.

PostPosted: Wed, Dec 9 2009, 8:02 am EST    Post subject: Re: Town Hall clock and nearby road condition Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
The bottleneck of School Lane? How it is ridiculous and dangerous to only have 1 way in and 1 way out of the school and town hall?

Almost as ridiculous as seeing one big ass SUV after the other with one or two kids and a parent going down School lane Wink

Do something more pro-active and car pool, or beat the traffic and drop your kid a few minutes earlier.

Thats a great solution...not !
Cranbury Green

PostPosted: Wed, Dec 9 2009, 8:33 am EST    Post subject: Re: Town Hall clock and nearby road condition Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Thats a great solution...not !

Yep, you guys car-pool, so that I can drive my kid to school easier; that's a great idea.

PostPosted: Wed, Dec 9 2009, 9:17 am EST    Post subject: Re: Town Hall clock and nearby road condition Reply with quote

On Rainy days I understand driving. What surprised me are the days where I see 3 of my neighbors and good friends get their one child in the car drive to the school and then come back home. We're all in walking distance and I take my younger child to school by walking.

We all joke about it being a scene out of it's a mad mad world and so they know the above is not meant to be offensive. Just that it's a case of car pooling being possible, but frankly it's due to ease of one child, one car and driving being easier for them.

So rather than complain about the road, look at walking if possible or taking the bus. If that is not fitting for the family, then don't worry about the delay. If a car does break down it will take a little longer, but it's a two way street and traffic will flow. We can't afford the cost to do the road work.

PostPosted: Wed, Dec 9 2009, 9:45 am EST    Post subject: Re: Town Hall clock and nearby road condition Reply with quote

There is little to no bottleneck if you drop your children before 8:15 (unless it's raining). With a "younger" child, it's easier to walk - once they start getting a lot of homework, people who are close enough don't walk because the kids' backpacks are too heavy. I don't carpool because it's easier for me not to. There are also a lot of kids who should be bussed, but their parents prefer to drive them. That is their choice. If you walk or carpool, good for you! I agree we can't afford the cost to build another road into the school, patching up Schoolhouse Lane should be done at some point.

PostPosted: Wed, Dec 9 2009, 11:42 am EST    Post subject: Re: Town Hall clock and nearby road condition Reply with quote

School Lane is a public safety hazzard. It is has been ignored for many years in favor of more "glamorous" issues. Having one way in and one way out of a school with 600 students and township offices is not safe. If there is ever an emergency it would be diasterous. I was talking to one of the cops who directs traffic in the morning and he said that the police officers have been complaining for years and it is has been ignored by the township.

PostPosted: Wed, Dec 9 2009, 11:47 am EST    Post subject: Re: Town Hall clock and nearby road condition Reply with quote

There are 600 people plus staff. However, there are not 600 plus vehicles. The cost is simply prohibitive for the town. So it all comes down to live with it or work around it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> Radom Thoughts | Sports | Kitchen Sink All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5