Vantage points other than Village Park for fireworks?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> Shopping | Good Deals | Price Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat, Jul 10 2010, 8:04 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Vantage points other than Village Park for fireworks? Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
Halfway down Plainsboro road just after the bend. Both side of the road. It is most desireable because of the amount of acreage. Offhand I do not remember how many houses could be built on it according to our current zoning, but to venture a guess probably around 30.

Also, somebody stated that the northern Reinhardt property is mostly wetlands and therefore no one could build on it. Possibly, but I would remind you that was the Townships stance on the Haggerty property that now houses the age restricted housing. Haggerty brought in his own experts who drastically reduced the size of the wetlands.

Only the north side of the property was preserved. The south side which is 40 or more acres is not preserved and possibly up for sale.

PostPosted: Sun, Jul 11 2010, 7:04 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Vantage points other than Village Park for fireworks? Reply with quote

The North side was not preserved because they want to continue to farm it. It was mentioned at the TC meeting that should it ever be up for sale the Town will be able to purchase it. Please do not spread false information about it being up for sale possibly. It is not

PostPosted: Sun, Jul 11 2010, 8:16 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Vantage points other than Village Park for fireworks? Reply with quote

I think what the "guest" poster meant when asking what is the difference between purchasing farm land for perservation or some other piece of property that might be in the downtown area is that there is little difference. Both are planning for the future. Both increase taxes, but sometimes it is worth it...

PostPosted: Sun, Jul 11 2010, 8:35 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Vantage points other than Village Park for fireworks? Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
The North side was not preserved because they want to continue to farm it. It was mentioned at the TC meeting that should it ever be up for sale the Town will be able to purchase it. Please do not spread false information about it being up for sale possibly. It is not

Not rumor, If Roy gets a good offer he will sell. Yes he will farm for now but the big money is in development.

PostPosted: Sun, Jul 11 2010, 9:07 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Vantage points other than Village Park for fireworks? Reply with quote

And the town will be given the option to be the buyer. There is no intent to sell the property to a developer. It is not even a thought. Please do not spread this rumor it is false.

PostPosted: Sun, Jul 11 2010, 10:09 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Vantage points other than Village Park for fireworks? Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
I think what the "guest" poster meant when asking what is the difference between purchasing farm land for perservation or some other piece of property that might be in the downtown area is that there is little difference. Both are planning for the future. Both increase taxes, but sometimes it is worth it...

It's bang for the buck. The PNC property would never have paid off as an investment. The supporters were repeatedly asked to demonstrate that and never could. The only justification they kept coming back to, since the economic one didn't work, was to put a Library / Senior Center there. We already have a library that is size-appropriate for our tiny Township so while that's nice it wasn't easy to justify as a tax expense. The Library is now pursuing private funding, in addition to their surplus from our taxes, for expansion which sounds like a better idea. When large farm tracks are preserved, the economic case is easier to see since they could host a lot more development than the PNC site.

PostPosted: Sun, Jul 11 2010, 10:17 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Vantage points other than Village Park for fireworks? Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
And the town will be given the option to be the buyer. There is no intent to sell the property to a developer. It is not even a thought. Please do not spread this rumor it is false.

Again not spreading rumor, just stating what I heard from a VERY reliable person. BTW the property for sale soon is on the South side not the North.

PostPosted: Sun, Jul 11 2010, 10:36 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Vantage points other than Village Park for fireworks? Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Again not spreading rumor, just stating what I heard from a VERY reliable person. BTW the property for sale soon is on the South side not the North.

The only reliable person on this matter is Roy. Unless he has something to say the rest of us should shut up.
publius

PostPosted: Mon, Jul 12 2010, 9:09 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Vantage points other than Village Park for fireworks? Reply with quote

Strange that in the richest country in the world........in one of THE richest states in the country..............in one of the more well-to-do towns in the state............we must scrimp and scratch and save like we're still living through the Great Depression!
Nice how the financial wunderkinds can mess us up so much.
It doesn't seem to matter much whether you keep your own fiscal house in good order. When the malefactors of the moneyed classes screw up, they drag us all down with them.

You know the Great American Mantra.............privatize the profits and socialize the losses!!!!!!!!
I know that all of the financial types out there will excoriate me now.
I'm sure that Christie's plan is more to fatten up his friends than to save the poor taxpayer's money.
It usually seems to work out that way.

PostPosted: Thu, Jul 15 2010, 6:59 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Vantage points other than Village Park for fireworks? Reply with quote

publius wrote:
Strange that in the richest country in the world........in one of THE richest states in the country..............in one of the more well-to-do towns in the state............we must scrimp and scratch and save like we're still living through the Great Depression!
Nice how the financial wunderkinds can mess us up so much.
It doesn't seem to matter much whether you keep your own fiscal house in good order. When the malefactors of the moneyed classes screw up, they drag us all down with them.

You know the Great American Mantra.............privatize the profits and socialize the losses!!!!!!!!
I know that all of the financial types out there will excoriate me now.
I'm sure that Christie's plan is more to fatten up his friends than to save the poor taxpayer's money.
It usually seems to work out that way.
That's what happenes when you elect democrats
Uncle Buck

PostPosted: Fri, Jul 30 2010, 8:37 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Vantage points other than Village Park for fireworks? Reply with quote

Howdy! Don't want to rain on your Parade (or Fireworks) but last time I hung out at the bar down the street, the guys there were sayin' that Christie was not a Democrat. Not only that, but most of them financial wizardry guys are not Democrats, either; they tend to be in that magical category where they don't pay no taxes except on their fancy cars and their fancy houses here in Cranbury that you can't see unless you know where to look.

PS: I thought the fireworks display was great! Better than the stuff in Mercer County Park that seems to be scheduled six weeks too early. And kudos to the musical entertainment. Best part is that I didn't even have to pay for it, specially since it probably cost a whole lot more that five g's.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> Shopping | Good Deals | Price Talk All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4