Central Jersey Waste $25 per month (1x pickup; all fees included)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> Shopping | Good Deals | Price Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon, May 2 2011, 8:03 pm EDT    Post subject: Central Jersey Waste $25 per month (1x pickup; all fees included) Reply with quote

Received a postcard from the company today. Has anyone used their services? Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri, May 6 2011, 8:04 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Central Jersey Waste $25 per month (1x pickup; all fees included) Reply with quote

You can get the same deal from Midco, $75/quarter, and keep the garbage trucks through town at a minimum.
Visitor

PostPosted: Fri, May 6 2011, 11:54 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Central Jersey Waste $25 per month (1x pickup; all fees included) Reply with quote

Difference is a 96 gallon can versus a 65 gallon from Midco. I am considering the switch.

PostPosted: Sat, May 7 2011, 10:28 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Central Jersey Waste $25 per month (1x pickup; all fees included) Reply with quote

Call Midco they will match. At least they did for me.

PostPosted: Mon, May 23 2011, 12:20 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Central Jersey Waste $25 per month (1x pickup; all fees included) Reply with quote

Guest wrote:

Can you please indicate who who spoke with at Midco?

I have tried this after reading posts here and they weren't making it easy. They first tried to claim that everyone has the same rate unless they are a senior or a veteran or have a different size can or less than 2x a week. Then when I mentioned Central Jersey that said I would have to fax a letter or flier from them proving with postmark that it came directly to my house or they wouldn't match it. Then I mentioned hearing about other Cranbury people they lowered the rate for and they said I would have to provide the 12-digit account number of someone getting a lower rate or they wouldn't discuss it. Then when none of that was going anywhere I asked to speak to a manager and they flat out refused.

My rate went up $20 this quarter and is now $172 for 2x a week 64 gallons. Ridiculous. But I need 2x a week. Does Central Jersey do that, since Midco doesn't seem to be negotiating with us like they apparently used to for others.

PostPosted: Mon, May 23 2011, 1:18 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Central Jersey Waste $25 per month (1x pickup; all fees included) Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Can you please indicate who who spoke with at Midco?

I have tried this after reading posts here and they weren't making it easy. They first tried to claim that everyone has the same rate unless they are a senior or a veteran or have a different size can or less than 2x a week. Then when I mentioned Central Jersey that said I would have to fax a letter or flier from them proving with postmark that it came directly to my house or they wouldn't match it. Then I mentioned hearing about other Cranbury people they lowered the rate for and they said I would have to provide the 12-digit account number of someone getting a lower rate or they wouldn't discuss it. Then when none of that was going anywhere I asked to speak to a manager and they flat out refused.

My rate went up $20 this quarter and is now $172 for 2x a week 64 gallons. Ridiculous. But I need 2x a week. Does Central Jersey do that, since Midco doesn't seem to be negotiating with us like they apparently used to for others.

I was paying $123.86 for 2x week 64 gal service until last November. I called Midco and asked if they would match 1x week 64 gal for $75 being offered by Central Jersey.

I now pay $82.68 for 2x week 64 gal service and I just paid my bill last week. Midco graciously offered me 2x week service for the price Central Jersey was offering me 1x wk. service.

Midco must have changed their policy toward matching their competitors.

PostPosted: Mon, May 23 2011, 6:16 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Central Jersey Waste $25 per month (1x pickup; all fees included) Reply with quote

I also called Midco about the deal from Central Jersey Waste a few months ago. The rep asked me about the deal I received (company name, pricing, size of container, pickup frequency, etc.). I told her I would switch if Midco could not match it. She asked the management and said ok with the lower price.

I used to pay about $90/quarter for 1x; now, I pay about $75.

PostPosted: Mon, May 23 2011, 7:24 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Central Jersey Waste $25 per month (1x pickup; all fees included) Reply with quote

Do either of you have the name of the rep you spoke to at Midco? Without the name of a person, the the address of someone getting the better rates or a physical copy of the Central Jersey Waste flier, they are not negotiating with me.
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon, May 23 2011, 7:50 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Central Jersey Waste $25 per month (1x pickup; all fees included) Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
Do either of you have the name of the rep you spoke to at Midco? Without the name of a person, the the address of someone getting the better rates or a physical copy of the Central Jersey Waste flier, they are not negotiating with me.

Sorry, I did not ask her name.

I was not bluffing and was ready to switch. I am glad that Midco has a competitor.
guest 313

PostPosted: Tue, May 24 2011, 10:21 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Central Jersey Waste $25 per month (1x pickup; all fees included) Reply with quote

I guess it's easier to take the path of least resistance and stay with Midco if they are matching but I wonder...
If Central Jersey never came into the area and made this offer, residents would be stuck paying these high rates with no negotiating power, so I am glad that there is competition.
Central Jersey recently started picking up 2 x week and they offer a 96 gallon container for those wondering.

PostPosted: Tue, May 24 2011, 10:27 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Central Jersey Waste $25 per month (1x pickup; all fees included) Reply with quote

guest 313 wrote:
I guess it's easier to take the path of least resistance and stay with Midco if they are matching but I wonder...
If Central Jersey never came into the area and made this offer, residents would be stuck paying these high rates with no negotiating power, so I am glad that there is competition.
Central Jersey recently started picking up 2 x week and they offer a 96 gallon container for those wondering.

Does anyone know what rates Central Jersey is offerring for twice a week 64 gallon cans? I am ready to switch since Midco blew off any effort to reduce my fees despite doing so for others. They are obviously a corrupt company operating in bad faith. But I want to know what's competitive with CJW before I call and deal with them.
guest 313

PostPosted: Tue, May 24 2011, 10:33 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Central Jersey Waste $25 per month (1x pickup; all fees included) Reply with quote

They are still offering the 1 x week service for $25/month and I believe 2 x week is around $35/month

PostPosted: Tue, May 24 2011, 10:58 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Central Jersey Waste $25 per month (1x pickup; all fees included) Reply with quote

guest 313 wrote:
They are still offering the 1 x week service for $25/month and I believe 2 x week is around $35/month

Is it posssible that is some "introductory" rate and it will jump substantially in a few months?
guest 313

PostPosted: Tue, May 24 2011, 11:09 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Central Jersey Waste $25 per month (1x pickup; all fees included) Reply with quote

They started last year and so far the rates have stayed the same. You are probably better off contacting them directly.

PostPosted: Tue, May 24 2011, 11:59 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Central Jersey Waste $25 per month (1x pickup; all fees included) Reply with quote

Thanks. I just called and they made the same offer. They guarantee the rate for a year they said. Compared to how lame Midco has been, I guess I'm switching.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> Shopping | Good Deals | Price Talk All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1