Cranbury home for sale $799,900 (reduced)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun, Jul 2 2006, 12:33 am EDT    Post subject: Cranbury home for sale $799,900 (reduced) Reply with quote

$1,250,000
6 Bedrooms, 3 Baths
1.25 Acres
(7 & 9 S. Main St)

(Info)

* Single Family Property
* County: Middlesex County
* Subdivision: MAIN
* Year Built: 1935
* 6 total bedroom(s)
* 3 total bath(s)
* 2 total full bath(s)
* 2 total half bath(s)
* 18 total rooms
* Two story
* Dining room
* Kitchen
* Basement
* Laundry room
* Master bedroom is 12X15
* Living room is 15X20
* Dining room is 14X17
* Kitchen is 12X18
* 2 car garage
* Heating features: Forced air heating, Hot water radiator heating
* Interior features: Dishwasher, Dryer, Freezer, Gas range, Refrigerator, Gas heating fuel, All underground utilities, House exhaust, Gas water heater, Carpet, Vinyl/Linoleum flooring, Full attic, Unfinished attic, Basement entrance on the outside, Full basement, Formal dining room, Dining room on first level, Kitchen on first level, Laundry on first level, 3 bedrooms on second level, Main bathroom on second level
* Exterior features: Detached garage, Public water supply, Public sewer system, 2 car wide driveway, Additional parking driveway, Extra garbage
* Exterior construction: Vinyl siding
* Roofing: Asphalt/shingle roof, Rubberized roof
* Approximate lot is 120X339
* Approximately 1.25 acre(s)
tracker

PostPosted: Tue, Jul 18 2006, 8:39 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Cranbury home for sale $1,150,000 (reduced) Reply with quote

Price reduced to $1,150,000.
tracker

PostPosted: Tue, Aug 1 2006, 9:39 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Cranbury home for sale $999,000 (reduced) Reply with quote

Price reduced to $999,000.
tracker

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 13 2006, 7:36 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Cranbury home for sale $975,000 (reduced) Reply with quote

Price reduced to $975,000.
Jeff

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 10 2006, 10:24 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Cranbury home for sale $975,000 (reduced) Reply with quote

tracker wrote:
Price reduced to $975,000.

This "house" gets the record for the most outrageously over-priced home on the market in Cranbury. It was trully shocking at its original price, but even now it’s crazy. It's not just 10-20% over -- it is maybe worth $500K, and basically all that for the land.

Anyone who walked through it, like I did, would understand…

1) It is a duplex, not a single family home.

2) Therefore the layout is terrible. Unless someone was buying it to rent (and its hard to imagine they economics work at this price range), it would have to be substantially gutted on the inside and re-done.

3) You would want to gut it anyway, because the inside was incredibly bad. I can’t remember the last time I walked through anything that uncomfortably old and dirty since I was looking for an apartment while in college. There’s nothing in there that is newer than 30 years and it has all been poorly maintained at that. No hardwood, etc., to be found – just lots of odd color shag carpet and worn linoleum, etc.

4) With the grounds you inherit a falling down barn/shed and a former pool that has been filled-over with grass.

5) Unlike most of the homes on Main, this one is not historical. It was built early this century and looks it.

5) The home right next door sold at the peek of the market for less than the current asking price on this one, and it was incredible inside – lovingly restored and upgraded and a historical home to boot, and with a great yard by comparison. Whatever that one is worth now, this one is worth half.

I don’t post this to be mean, I just thought people should understand that this can’t be seriously on the market at this price…
john

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 10 2006, 11:38 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Cranbury home for sale $975,000 (reduced) Reply with quote

Given this kind of asking price, I agree that there are better deals in town.

I think that the $754,900 Shadow Oaks home (the one with a tennis court) is attractive at the current asking price.

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 10 2006, 3:16 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Cranbury home for sale $975,000 (reduced) Reply with quote

16 Silvers is a bargain at 879 list if you look at the pricing records for Silver. It shows nicely too.

The house with the tennis court is only a good deal for a true tennis lover or someone with a ranked kid or something since its just plain wacky to have your entire backyard dominated by the monster otherwise. If thats you, then its a bargain because the tennis court is basically free -- the list price would be fair without the tennis court. If thats not you, buying this on the idea that its a bargain would be a mistake. Its been on the market a longgg time because people are off put by a giant tennis court on a property this size.
john

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 10 2006, 9:36 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Cranbury home for sale $975,000 (reduced) Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
16 Silvers is a bargain at 879 list if you look at the pricing records for Silver. It shows nicely too.

Agree.

I don't know why this one is still available.

There was a more expensive one (asking $1,069,000; sold in 2003 for $780K) on Silvers Lane; it seems to be sold already.

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 9 2007, 1:24 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Cranbury home for sale $975,000 (reduced) Reply with quote

The for-sale sign in front of this house is gone!
John

PostPosted: Wed, Jan 10 2007, 4:57 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Cranbury home for sale $975,000 (reduced) Reply with quote

Could be that the contract expired. It is 6 months from this being first posted.
tracker

PostPosted: Sat, Mar 24 2007, 12:15 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Cranbury home for sale $799,900 (reduced) Reply with quote

Relisted at $799,900 (new agent).

http://www.cranbury.info/viewtopic.php?t=1611

Note: the lot size is 120X339 (0.93 acre), not 1.25 Acres.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> House For Sale All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1