Town Cleanup
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> Radom Thoughts | Sports | Kitchen Sink
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bill P-07op

PostPosted: Thu, Dec 6 2012, 9:15 am EST    Post subject: Town Cleanup Reply with quote

We've seen brush and limb pick-up start, but what are we doing about the piles of leaves and other debris still spread through town? Can we please get Cranbury cleaned up for the Holidays?

Bill
John-8o98

PostPosted: Thu, Dec 6 2012, 6:24 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Town Cleanup Reply with quote

What are you talking about? The brush has been completly picked up and yes we can clean up the leaves if we would all clean up in front of our houses and compost them instead of putting them in the street. First we are upset of the power being off then we complain about the branches lining the streets and now it's about the leaves. What will the compaint be next? Be grateful you don't live in a town where your house was destroyed.
anon-14pq

PostPosted: Thu, Dec 6 2012, 9:29 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Town Cleanup Reply with quote

Hi John,

I think everyone in town is aware and grateful that Sandy's impact here was not even close to what others experienced. I certainly am, and I haven't met anyone who thinks otherwise...

But that doesn't mean we need to let the town continue to look this ragged - particularly downtown.

Bill Persons
anon-8670

PostPosted: Thu, Dec 6 2012, 9:49 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Town Cleanup Reply with quote

I understand that one leaf vacuum broke down so the town is doing collection at 50% until the repair is made.
John-5996

PostPosted: Fri, Dec 7 2012, 6:59 am EST    Post subject: Re: Town Cleanup Reply with quote

I beleive Cranbury only owns 1 leaf vacuum and I was tol it was in for repairs because somebody had put a concrete paver in with the leaves and when it was vacuumed up it broke the clutch and bent the impellar.
anon-8670

PostPosted: Fri, Dec 7 2012, 7:43 am EST    Post subject: Re: Town Cleanup Reply with quote

Wonderful. If true then the tax payers have to cover the cost of someone's negligence. Plus delaying the work our PW crews need to do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> Radom Thoughts | Sports | Kitchen Sink All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1