Life in Cranbury?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Possible Newcomer

PostPosted: Wed, Jul 12 2006, 6:53 am EDT    Post subject: Life in Cranbury? Reply with quote

We're considering moving to Cranbury and are looking for some advice. We're looking for a nice, small-town feel with friendly people and other stay at home moms.

So a few questions:

Do you like living in Cranbury?
Do you like the school?
Have you found people welcoming to newcomers or do they already have their established friends?

Specifically we're looking at a house on Cubberly Ct. We've been by a few times but never seen any of the neighbors outside. Does anyone know anyone who lives on Cubberly? What is the feel of the street--ie kids playing outside together? Are there other stay at home moms there?

Thanks very much for any insight you can give on Cranbury. It seems like a great place but this is a big decision for us--we have no family around and are looking to put down roots for our kids in a friendly place so we want to make the right decision!
Jen

PostPosted: Wed, Jul 12 2006, 8:39 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Life in Cranbury? Reply with quote

We moved to Cranbury in 2002. I live in a development called Shadow Oaks, across the Cranbury-Millstone Park.

Because all my immediate neighbors have kids in Cranbury school, and we parents and kids meet almost every school day at school bus stop in the morning, so we kind of know each other (parents chat and kids play while waiting for the bus to come).

My neighbors are very friendly and kids play together from time to time.

The development in Cubberly Ct. (I think it's called Cranbury Heights) is smaller, but I think you will be able to meet your neighbors at school bus stop when the school starts.

The houses in Cranbury Heights look very nice. Wink
Original Poster

PostPosted: Wed, Jul 12 2006, 12:36 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Life in Cranbury? Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply Jen!

I should note we're also looking at a house in Shadow Oaks. Any other specific comments by anyone in Shadow Oaks would also be appreciated!
Jen

PostPosted: Wed, Jul 12 2006, 3:11 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Life in Cranbury? Reply with quote

Original Poster wrote:
Thanks for your reply Jen!

I should note we're also looking at a house in Shadow Oaks. Any other specific comments by anyone in Shadow Oaks would also be appreciated!

You are welcome.

I like my house in Shadow Oaks (Jefferson Rd). It has public water, an ingroud pool, and a very nice back yard.

It's a great neighborhood because I can get a good exercise by walking with my kids in the neighborhood. I saw people walking their dog all the time.

The only complain I have is the septic system. Since moving in, I saw a few houses had their septic drain field replaced.

My septic drain field is also due for a replacement; I am hoping that I can use it for a few more years.

Cranbury is a nice town with a great school. Wink
mary

PostPosted: Mon, Jul 17 2006, 7:10 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Life in Cranbury? Reply with quote

i live on cubberly court and would be more than happy to speak with you marydemilt@comcast.net

PostPosted: Wed, Aug 9 2006, 9:02 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Life in Cranbury? Reply with quote

Possible Newcomer wrote:
We're considering moving to Cranbury and are looking for some advice. We're looking for a nice, small-town feel with friendly people and other stay at home moms.

So a few questions:

Do you like living in Cranbury?
Do you like the school?
Have you found people welcoming to newcomers or do they already have their established friends?

Specifically we're looking at a house on Cubberly Ct. We've been by a few times but never seen any of the neighbors outside. Does anyone know anyone who lives on Cubberly? What is the feel of the street--ie kids playing outside together? Are there other stay at home moms there?

Thanks very much for any insight you can give on Cranbury. It seems like a great place but this is a big decision for us--we have no family around and are looking to put down roots for our kids in a friendly place so we want to make the right decision!

Hi,

My wife and I live in Cranbury. We moved here 1.5 years ago. The town is so nice and people are very friendly. If you like a good breakfast I recommend Teddy's on Main St. My wife is a Nanny in Princeton and after a long day with the children, she loves to come home to the serenity of our neighborhood. If you enjoy a small town feel Cranbury is the place.

PostPosted: Tue, Jun 19 2007, 9:05 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Life in Cranbury? Reply with quote

You never see people outside because of their avoidance of the pesticide-drenched lawns!!!!!!!!!!!
They prefer to sit in central air-conditioning and stare at the lawn.

I can't stand people who pour toxins into OUR environment just so their grass looks greener than the guy on the other side of the fence. I HATE developments. They are SO sterile and devoid of life.
Everyone has their own swing/playset, pool and chiminea. Oh, and don't forget the gazebo overlooking the chemically enhanced grass. They are so inorganic. What used to be a family farm is now sprouting Faux French Chateaus in the Jersey countryside. I have nothing against a new house, just the way they are plopped onto lots with NO forethought as to their surroundings. I know that the McMansion people will chase me with torches & pitchforks when they read this. I just wish that consumers would demand more from developers. Cubberly Court, Cranbury Greene, Shadow Oaks seem so isolated from the actual town. At least try to build something that looks like it belongs here, stay with the Colonial, Cottage, Farmhouse style. Try to create little mini villages within a village. If you live in town, you can walk to everything. Out there in the hinterland, you MUST drive everywhere in your Suburban Sherman tank.
You may now chastise me. Shocked Question Confused

PostPosted: Sat, Jun 23 2007, 11:35 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Life in Cranbury? Reply with quote

I like my life in Cranbury. Wink

I like my back yard: nice green lawn that my my kids can run around and fly kites there, beautiful flowers (roses, daylilies, hydrangeas, etc.) and shrubs, birds (blue jays, cardinals, robins, etc.), small cute wild animals (rabbits, squirrels, chipmunks), a nice in-ground pool, and a small organic vegetable garden.

I did all the yard and pool works myself, and I feel that this is the best way to keep me fit and healthy. It's very rewarding too see the results.

The neighbors are very nice. The schools are excellent (K-8 Cranbury school and Princeton high school).

You really need to live here to appreciate it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> School | Parenting All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1