ready for another year of terrible bus service
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anon-97on

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 3 2014, 10:04 pm EDT    Post subject: ready for another year of terrible bus service Reply with quote

Another school year begins, another 10 months of having to shuttle kids to and from both Princeton and Cranbury multiple times a day because the bus service will be totally useless as usual. It's frustrating that a generally good school doesn't seem to care or prioritize having a bus system that actually gets kids to school for their classes. But the only thing consistent about it year after year is that they never fix it so not even holding out hope this year.
anon-0101

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 3 2014, 10:17 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: ready for another year of terrible bus service Reply with quote

I think the reliability of the service depends on the bus driver. We are lucky to have a reliable bus driver.
anon-97on

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 3 2014, 10:25 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: ready for another year of terrible bus service Reply with quote

anon-0101 wrote:
I think the reliability of the service depends on the driver of a bus. We are lucky to have a reliable bus driver.

Isn't it the school's responsibility to hire reliable bus drivers? Our route typically goes through at least 3-4 a year, year-after-year. And the couple times they have had good drivers, they never keep them.

Also, it's the school who sets the route, the rules under which they bid for the job and the route times. Why create a route that circumnavigates the entire town, plus goes into Plainsboro and East Windsor and along a highway every morning and not give it enough time so that on the rare occasions the bus is on time the kids still arrive last and have to run to make their classes? Seems like poor planning if your best case scenario barely works and you have no margin of error.

And while allow the drivers to take on the route with absolutely no requirement to drive the run before actually taking on kids? Seems like a recipe for problems. Last year one of our kids was an hour late to one of his finals when the driver got lost and didn't communicate with the other drivers or his dispatcher. 2 hour bus ride to school. In our neighborhood the bus is so consistently late that most of the parents have given up and just drive their kids to school. That's not an occasional inconvenience, that's a systematic problem.
anon-0101

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 4 2014, 9:56 am EDT    Post subject: Re: ready for another year of terrible bus service Reply with quote

I can understand your concerns. I worry about the buses being late or not coming as well. I know the school selected the bus company based a biding process. I am not sure how the school can select reliable drivers to drive the buses in our town.

Are there penalties for the bus company for unreliable services?

I used to accompany my kids to the bus stop and say hi to the bus driver in the morning. We even knew the name of the driver. Now, my kids have grown up, and don't want me to accompany them to the bus stop...

I would post the number of the bus that is not reliable here to warn other parents.
anon-4653

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 6 2014, 12:37 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: ready for another year of terrible bus service Reply with quote

If you don't like the bus service why don't you call the school to discuss the problem. Complaining on this board is useless.
RZ-q030

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 6 2014, 4:42 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: ready for another year of terrible bus service Reply with quote

The first 2 days did not work out for us this year. Last year went great!

I hope Monday will be a better day, if not, yes, then we will contact the school.

That being said, I don't think complaining on this board is useless if you want to see if it is just your stop that has an issue or not, if it is an isolated issue or a broader one. Our stop is on the corner of Prospect and Plainsboro.
anon-97on

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 6 2014, 6:57 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: ready for another year of terrible bus service Reply with quote

anon-4653 wrote:
If you don't like the bus service why don't you call the school to discuss the problem. Complaining on this board is useless.

You really think that hasn't already happened? Many times over multiple years from numerous neighbors.
anon-0101

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 6 2014, 7:06 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: ready for another year of terrible bus service Reply with quote

So far so good for my stop: Jefferson Rd. (both Cranbury school and Princeton HS).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> School | Parenting All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1