One of the best - or rather THE best - small towns in NJ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Susan Goetz

PostPosted: Sat, Apr 25 2015, 1:24 pm EDT    Post subject: One of the best - or rather THE best - small towns in NJ Reply with quote

In case you haven't seen this - nothing we didn't already know but great to be recognized.

http://www.nj.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2015/04/njs_best_small_towns_10_great_places_for_that_week.html#incart_email
anon-011q

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 26 2015, 1:39 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: One of the best - or rather THE best - small towns in NJ Reply with quote

Nice. Smile

Cranbury homes were the best buy before the re-assessment of home value. I bought one in 2002 that had about $8,000 property tax; now, it's about $14,000!

I wish my salary could increase like that. Rolling Eyes
anon-052s

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 26 2015, 11:06 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: One of the best - or rather THE best - small towns in NJ Reply with quote

anon-011q wrote:
Nice. Smile

Cranbury homes were the best buy before the re-assessment of home value. I bought one in 2002 that had about $8,000 property tax; now, it's about $14,000!

So your taxes went up an average of about 4% per year?
Any improvements to your property during that time?
anon-011q

PostPosted: Mon, Apr 27 2015, 9:55 am EDT    Post subject: Re: One of the best - or rather THE best - small towns in NJ Reply with quote

anon-052s wrote:
anon-011q wrote:
Nice. Smile

+finished basement.
anon;oq4s-n68r

PostPosted: Mon, Apr 27 2015, 9:17 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: One of the best - or rather THE best - small towns in NJ Reply with quote

Yes the taxes are a problem and the assessments do not reflect the actual value of your home. There was a sale just recently of a home assessed at $989,400. The home sold after a year on the market for $858,000. This happens time after time . I wonder if there is a reason the committee doesn't try to resolve this. Could it be because the taxes for the four out of five committeee members who pay taxes are so low?
anon-052s

PostPosted: Mon, Apr 27 2015, 10:52 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: One of the best - or rather THE best - small towns in NJ Reply with quote

anon-011q wrote:
anon-052s wrote:
anon-011q wrote:
Nice. Smile

+finished basement.

It sounds like a relatively moderate rate of increase (relative being the operative word). How much was your home in 2002 and how much do you think it's worth today?
anon-052s

PostPosted: Mon, Apr 27 2015, 10:55 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: One of the best - or rather THE best - small towns in NJ Reply with quote

anon;oq4s-n68r wrote:
Yes the taxes are a problem and the assessments do not reflect the actual value of your home. There was a sale just recently of a home assessed at $989,400. The home sold after a year on the market for $858,000. This happens time after time . I wonder if there is a reason the committee doesn't try to resolve this. Could it be because the taxes for the four out of five committeee members who pay taxes are so low?

OK, I'll bite... What's your proposed resolution?
cranburyB-8379

PostPosted: Tue, Apr 28 2015, 5:33 am EDT    Post subject: Re: One of the best - or rather THE best - small towns in NJ Reply with quote

You can call town hall and have your home reassessed - especially if it sells for significantly less than the assessed value - when we had ours done they told us the aim for 20% of the properties each year - so the entire town should be looked at in 5 years , in theory.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> School | Parenting All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1