Committee Approves $11.1 Million 2017 Budget
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sbnewsman1

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 17 2017, 11:24 pm EDT    Post subject: Committee Approves $11.1 Million 2017 Budget Reply with quote

https://www.tapinto.net/towns/south-brunswick-cranbury/articles/cranbury-township-committee-approves-11-dot-4-milli
anon-s6p5

PostPosted: Sat, Mar 18 2017, 7:19 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Committee Approves $11.1 Million 2017 Budget Reply with quote

So let's get this straight. Mr. Taylor looks at the revenue from the warehouses, a surplus increase of 1.5 million, etc..and says the income is solid we should not have a tax increase.

The rest of the committee looked at the same data and per Ms. Goetz's own comments agreed with Mr. Taylor's view on income --we have warehouses on board, finances are in the right direction, etc... And the result is we should raise taxes. Does that make sense?

If I am not mistaken Mr. Taylor works in finance and Ms. Goetz is a scientist. What is the point of voting for people with finance backgrounds who can look at the data for what it is if those without a finance background don't listen.

This is why taxes are so high and why we end up with people like Trump. People get sick of business as usual. At least Mr. Taylor went where the numbers took him.

How can Mr. Mulligan skip a budget vote?
anon;Oqs3-054q

PostPosted: Sat, Mar 18 2017, 4:23 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Committee Approves $11.1 Million 2017 Budget Reply with quote

Well Mr. Mulligan can miss the vote because now he can say he did not vote "yes" for the increase. One other reason might be because he doesn't pay taxes to the township. As for Ms. Goetz, she now will have more money to provide for her experts to evaluate and treat the lake. That might not be too bad except when the Liberty Way Bridge gets built all those efforts will be compromised by the construction upstream.The rest of the crew --Mr. Johnson and Mr. Cook can now have those extra bucks to squander behind the scenes for Library upgrades.
Hats off to Mr. Taylor, as many of the town folks who know the players feel; he tells it like it is, and doesn't play those political games. I certainly respect him for his honest efforts to do the right thing for the taxpayers.We need to remember these Committee people and their vote to RAISE OUR TAXES on voting day.
Disappointed-s032

PostPosted: Mon, Mar 20 2017, 5:12 pm EDT    Post subject: UNNECESSARY TAX INCREASE PASSED - MONEY FOR THE LIBRARY Reply with quote

It is inconceivable the TC would increase taxes when not necessary. It is obviously a set up for taxpayer funding the Indivisible Library and other pet projects. Shame on the Indivisible leader Ms. Goetz, Mayor Cook and Mr Johnson for their poor representation of us by forcing tax increases. Shame on Mr Mulligan for not even attending a critical meeting. Kudos to Mr Taylor for taking a stand for Cranbury.
anon-q2r7

PostPosted: Sat, Mar 25 2017, 6:24 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Committee Approves $11.1 Million 2017 Budget Reply with quote

anon-s6p5 wrote:
So let's get this straight. Mr. Taylor looks at the revenue from the warehouses, a surplus increase of 1.5 million, etc..and says the income is solid we should not have a tax increase.

The rest of the committee looked at the same data and per Ms. Goetz's own comments agreed with Mr. Taylor's view on income --we have warehouses on board, finances are in the right direction, etc... And the result is we should raise taxes. Does that make sense?

If I am not mistaken Mr. Taylor works in finance and Ms. Goetz is a scientist. What is the point of voting for people with finance backgrounds who can look at the data for what it is if those without a finance background don't listen.

This is why taxes are so high and why we end up with people like Trump. People get sick of business as usual. At least Mr. Taylor went where the numbers took him.

How can Mr. Mulligan skip a budget vote?
You LIBTARD democrats are absoulty pathetic. People like you are the reason this country will go nowhere.
anon-40s8

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 26 2017, 10:46 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Committee Approves $11.1 Million 2017 Budget Reply with quote

I posted the above. I am a liberal and very proud. But I called out a tax increase as being wrong.

Most Republicans and conservatives are opposed to tax increases such as this. So if your a conservative how can you support the increase as your post seems to be doing by complaining about me raising a concern.
anon-q2r7

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 26 2017, 5:53 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Committee Approves $11.1 Million 2017 Budget Reply with quote

anon-40s8 wrote:
I posted the above. I am a liberal and very proud. But I called out a tax increase as being wrong.

Most Republicans and conservatives are opposed to tax increases such as this. So if your a conservative how can you support the increase as your post seems to be doing by complaining about me raising a concern.
Sorry to hear that, I'd be embarrassed to admit any association to that party after the way they have acted since the election. What does PRESIDENT Trump have to do with local politics?
anon-40s8

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 26 2017, 6:44 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Committee Approves $11.1 Million 2017 Budget Reply with quote

You didn't answer the question. If you're a conservative how are you aligning with increasing taxes locally?

you started screaming and name calling yet your post supports increasing taxes. Seems also since I am opposing a tax increase and you are supporting it, I am more aligned to Trump than you.
anon-q2r7

PostPosted: Mon, Mar 27 2017, 3:48 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Committee Approves $11.1 Million 2017 Budget Reply with quote

anon-40s8 wrote:
You didn't answer the question. If you're a conservative how are you aligning with increasing taxes locally?

you started screaming and name calling yet your post supports increasing taxes. Seems also since I am opposing a tax increase and you are supporting it, I am more aligned to Trump than you.
I never said anything about tax increases I was just making a point how nothing will get accomplished until 2018 when democrats lose spots in many of states that supported Trump. I was making an example out of you as you were ranting about local politics and had to make a reference to president Trump. I don't need to answer any questions from you since I never took a stand on the tax increase, but once again your confusion shows.
anon-6696

PostPosted: Tue, Mar 28 2017, 8:54 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Committee Approves $11.1 Million 2017 Budget Reply with quote

You're wasting your time 40s8. anon-q2r7 doesn't even understand what he/she was responding to or that he/she first insulted you for being against a tax increase. Only knows how to makes silly comments and not actually process information and ideas.
anon-q2r7

PostPosted: Sat, Apr 15 2017, 9:23 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Committee Approves $11.1 Million 2017 Budget Reply with quote

anon-6696 wrote:
You're wasting your time 40s8. anon-q2r7 doesn't even understand what he/she was responding to or that he/she first insulted you for being against a tax increase. Only knows how to makes silly comments and not actually process information and ideas.
Really? How so? Please explain rather than make an arrogant post with no facts.
hipster-pr81

PostPosted: Mon, Apr 17 2017, 11:20 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Committee Approves $11.1 Million 2017 Budget Reply with quote

Why don't you two just meet in the center of Main Street and duke it out in front of the townsfolk.
anon-pr81

PostPosted: Mon, Apr 17 2017, 11:20 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Committee Approves $11.1 Million 2017 Budget Reply with quote

hipster-pr81 wrote:
Why don't you two just meet in the center of Main Street and duke it out in front of the townsfolk.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> News | Events All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1