Library
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Audible-pp98

PostPosted: Sat, Aug 12 2017, 10:56 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Library Reply with quote

http://www.audible.com
anon-q2r7

PostPosted: Sat, Aug 12 2017, 2:38 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Library Reply with quote

Why is the town donating land that is open space?
anon-s6p5

PostPosted: Sat, Aug 12 2017, 2:59 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Library Reply with quote

anon-q2r7 wrote:

They are not donating open space land. Open space land is restricted legally. The land being donated was always in the plan for town use for an item such as a library.
anon-4q5n

PostPosted: Sat, Aug 12 2017, 3:12 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Library Reply with quote

anon-519r wrote:
anon-0493 wrote:
anon-711n wrote:
Per the township committee agenda, there is not a discussion this Monday regarding in the library, only a report on the bidding project.

Cranbury Library Report on new Library Ms. Kirstie Venanzi, President, Cranbury Public Library Board of Trustees will give the Township Committee and public an update on the recent bid process for the new library.

This forum is relevant and read by many people in town as well as TC, as acknowledged by comments in a post above by Ms. Goetz, and other TC's in the past. TC is listening. If we can't attend meetings we shouldn't be deprived of the information that's being discussed. Township meeting minutes never give a complete picture of what actually takes place, so everyone's candor on this board is very much appreciated. Responding to the library comment above, I'm sure everyone in town would be interested in the recent bids for the library and who the bidders are, and the costs of the bids. Will this information be available on-line or will we get it from someone who will post it here?

I really do not want the TC using this board to make a decision and per ms. Goetz they do not. The view could be 1 person or 20, all Cranbury residents or none.

Exactly why everyone should have a say with a vote!
anon-s6p5

PostPosted: Sat, Aug 12 2017, 4:02 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Library Reply with quote

anon-4q5n wrote:
anon-519r wrote:
anon-0493 wrote:
anon-711n wrote:
Per the township committee agenda, there is not a discussion this Monday regarding in the library, only a report on the bidding project.

Cranbury Library Report on new Library Ms. Kirstie Venanzi, President, Cranbury Public Library Board of Trustees will give the Township Committee and public an update on the recent bid process for the new library.

This forum is relevant and read by many people in town as well as TC, as acknowledged by comments in a post above by Ms. Goetz, and other TC's in the past. TC is listening. If we can't attend meetings we shouldn't be deprived of the information that's being discussed. Township meeting minutes never give a complete picture of what actually takes place, so everyone's candor on this board is very much appreciated. Responding to the library comment above, I'm sure everyone in town would be interested in the recent bids for the library and who the bidders are, and the costs of the bids. Will this information be available on-line or will we get it from someone who will post it here?

I really do not want the TC using this board to make a decision and per ms. Goetz they do not. The view could be 1 person or 20, all Cranbury residents or none.

Why because of this board? The library has been in discussion for many years. You can come to any TC meeting.

If the vote says yes to library and only 30% of the people vote then people will complain.

I was once told

If you see something you don't like you have two options speak up and do something or say nothing and do nothing. If you speak up and do something you at least gave an effort and have a right to continue to defend your view. But if you opt not to say or do anything than your responsible for not having taken any action and can't play victim to the outcome.

Posting with no name about a wanting a vote and not attending a meeting to speak up and state your view is doing nothing. If you care go to a meeting and make your point known.

The Tc has stated that they may read here, but take no counsel here.
anon-4q5n

PostPosted: Sat, Aug 12 2017, 4:39 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Library Reply with quote

Simply saying that a vote would help because, as the previous post says, "the view could be 1 person or 20."
anon-45r6

PostPosted: Sat, Aug 12 2017, 6:15 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Library Reply with quote

you realize that this entire thread is I or 2, maybe 3 people posting over and over again using different devices about how they don't want the library --- terribly boring!
anon-q2r7

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 13 2017, 1:08 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Library Reply with quote

anon-s6p5 wrote:
anon-q2r7 wrote:

They are not donating open space land. Open space land is restricted legally. The land being donated was always in the plan for town use for an item such as a library.
Where is the land located?
anon-0493

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 13 2017, 9:18 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Library Reply with quote

anon-45r6 wrote:
you realize that this entire thread is I or 2, maybe 3 people posting over and over again using different devices about how they don't want the library --- terribly boring!

this statement is not true at all and you are probably very terribly boring
anon-nrq6

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 13 2017, 11:18 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Library Reply with quote

anon-0493 wrote:
anon-45r6 wrote:

this statement is not true at all and you are probably very terribly boring

sure it's true - that's why you responded -- and you're one of the 1 or 2 critics of the library who repeatedly post to keep this thread going -- and that's boring! Go to a TC meeting or library meeting and show your identity and have your say
anon; oqs6-np85

PostPosted: Mon, Aug 14 2017, 11:17 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Library Reply with quote

Well tonight the Library Gangsters made a report to the TC. The supporters wanted the TC to give up MORE $$$ to finish fund the project. It appears that the donors don't want to fork over the money until they see shovels in the ground. The deal was: The Library Committee needs ALL funds in the bank before starting. Now Mr. Berkowski and others want the TC to waive that requirement along with not providing a contigency fund. I can assure you Mr. Berkowski never did a project for himself without a reasonable contigency fund. That is irresponsible and the TC needs to not waiver on their original rules. By the way the township "donated" parking lot and engineering fees that are are now $91,000 over budget. We have been horsewhipped into this dollar sucking Library and we can't afford any more than the $475,000. [actually $565,000. now price-short now $91,000.]the township has already allocated to this fiasco. Audrey Smith played the "we need a community space card" that is the same card that was played when we were sucked into the School Bond for the addition that included a Community Room --by the way the room was built but we cannot use it! At this point there is a monetary gap of $200,000. along with $100,000. in unpaid pledges.The township has donated parking lot, the land and the engineering costs, they will be on the hook for additionl costs as this fiasco progresses. The request was to "Trust Us" well Trust doesn't pay the bills Ms. Veghte.
anon-q2q6

PostPosted: Tue, Aug 15 2017, 12:10 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Library Reply with quote

The library needs at least $1 million to complete the project.
anon-s6p5

PostPosted: Tue, Aug 15 2017, 3:06 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Library Reply with quote

anon-q2q6 wrote:
The library needs at least $1 million to complete the project.

So I went to the meeting.

- the room was standing room only.
-There was not one person who spoke that opposed the library. (Just like every other time the library comes to the TC). We get pages here opposing the library and no one showing up.
- a number of supporters did speak.
- They need around 500k to build the library based on the current bid and requirements put in place by the TC- cash in hand, 5% contingency, etc...
- The library did not ask for money.
- Supporters did ask for money. They asked for the town to put in additional funds and to waive both the cash in hand and the contingency requirements. They seemed upset that the TC was not doing more.
- The Mayor and Ms. Goetz were most vocal and based on their comments did not seem inclined to be agreeable to any of the requests.
- It seemed to me that the library will need to close the gap on their own. It also seemed to me that they seemed concerned about being able to close the gap.

So despite all the hemming and hawing about opposition, notice of over a few weeks about the meeting, and ample time for those opposed to show up, and all the pages here it seems the story is the same. The people opposed just don't care as much about being opposed as those who are in favor. And the TC is going to require the library to find the money to proceed.
anon-po3o

PostPosted: Tue, Aug 15 2017, 9:59 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Library Reply with quote

1 million, 500,000.00 - so many different numbers being thrown around. I was at the meeting and I heard both $400,000.00 and
$200,000.00.

But shouldn't the town at least help the library? After all, 2.5 is quite a lot of money, and it is obvious the library will get built. Why insist on having all the money in the bank, as one person said last night?
Why not work with the donors/supporters and let the Foundation continue raising money?

It looks like $400,000.00 is the right number and that includes that contingency the township committee is insisting on plus $100,000. in pledged donations (heard that a good part of that is the historical society and they are good for it).
anon-s6p5

PostPosted: Tue, Aug 15 2017, 10:54 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Library Reply with quote

The town donated land, 475k for parking, and don't forget the library has taken tax dollars. I am fine with all of that, but this started as a want not a need and still is. The Tc also mentioned last night that the CoAH was 3m with more expenses coming for the last round. To me that is a need not a want.

I agree the numbers were confusing last night.

There were three buckets:

- Waiving contingency of 5%

- additional 100k plus from the town.

- and another bucket I could not hear.

Then the library admitted that they would fundraise the delta. But after ground was broken. Right now half or more is coming in some way shape or form from tax money. So I don't see how people would donate when the building is already in progress.

The total was around 500k, but the library supporters kept minimizing it.

To me considering the library made a huge push to get supporters out and less than 50 people in a town of 1200 homes showed up tells me that most residents are likely indifferent.
anon;oqs9-np85

PostPosted: Tue, Aug 15 2017, 1:15 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Library Reply with quote

Just remember that each household pays approximately $275. per year on their property tax bill toward the Library--isn't that enough?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> News | Events All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8