Linda Greenstein vs. Ileana Schirmer candidates forum 10/18
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anon-s412

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 17 2017, 3:28 pm EDT    Post subject: Linda Greenstein vs. Ileana Schirmer candidates forum 10/18 Reply with quote

There is a full slate of state senate and assembly elections this November. Election of importance is for our state senator. Linda Greenstein is running for re-election vs. a strong candidate, Ileana Schirmer.

Greenstein has not been a friend to Cranbury because of her positions on COAH, taxes and town consolidation. Following are some links to previous forums regarding Linda Greenstein

http://cranbury.info/viewtopic.php?t=3674&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=greenstein

http://cranbury.info/viewtopic.php?t=4874&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=greenstein+coah

People should decide for themselves who is the right candidate. There is a candidates forum with a q+a on Wednesday October 18 at 7:00 PM at the Monroe Township Senior Center, 12 Halsey Reed Rd. Linda Greenstein, Ileana Schirmer and the assembly candidates should be in attendance. This is a good opportunity for you to make up your own minds on the candidates.
anon-5p0n

PostPosted: Thu, Oct 19 2017, 10:43 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Linda Greenstein vs. Ileana Schirmer candidates forum 10/18 Reply with quote

I totally agree. I am registered in the same party as Greenstein and voted for her as an Assembly person long ago. But I stopped voting for her over a decade ago when it became obvious that she's just one fo those political machine candidates who will always go with whatever the party bosses tell her to do to advance herself. She walks the walk coming to our Township functions and saying all the right things but she has yet to ever votes against something the party was pushing that was not in her constituents interests.

I have discussed this with some other Cranbury voters before who support her and the best they can do is defend her poor voting record by saying that her going along with the party bosses gives her influence to help us when we need it. I then ask name an example where she actually did that -- where she specifically influenced something that specifically helped Cranbury. And they can't. She gets votes simply because of her party and her incumbency. She's just another NJ politician from either party who are in this only for themselves.
anon;oqs7-np85

PostPosted: Thu, Oct 19 2017, 8:30 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Linda Greenstein vs. Ileana Schirmer candidates forum 10/18 Reply with quote

For years I voted for Ms. Greenstein but have come to the same conclusion as the previous poster. Unfortunatly Ms. Greenstein has voted the Party Line and not her concience. I have had a number of occasions to speak with her and her staff and have been unhappy with her actual ability to do the Right Thing versus what the Party wants her to do. I will vote for a change this time.
P. S. She has really failed to help Cranbury.
anon-88r5

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 20 2017, 10:38 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Linda Greenstein vs. Ileana Schirmer candidates forum 10/18 Reply with quote

Most representatives will vote party line because they need the money and influence of the party.

It is why some of our wonderful Republican Representatives voted to support the income tax plan proposed even though it will cost most Cranbury residents and NJ residents much more money. Only a few Republicans stood up and opposed it, but those who had seats of power in the party caved because they did not want to lose that influence.

This is our government at work. The higher one goes up the less they represent the voter. Phil Murphy is going to destroy NJ and if the 2% cap on Police and Fire is not maintained then it will be very difficult for most towns to negotiate contracts.

PostPosted: Thu, Oct 26 2017, 1:37 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Linda Greenstein vs. Ileana Schirmer candidates forum 10/18 Reply with quote

In years past I have supported the Democratic ticket, even volunteering for Sen. Greenstein in her 2013 run and 2014 run for Congress, but I think her time has come. She has served two terms in the Senate and we have seen minimal results. I have met her opponent Schirmer and find her perfectly lovely and very independent.

In particular, Sen. Greenstein's behavior in 2014 never sat well with me: https://www.thedailybeast.com/new-jersey-democrats-epic-freakout

I hope Sen. Greenstein will continue her public service, perhaps as freeholder or some other office in Middlesex. I just think she isn't suited for Trenton politics. It requires a fighter, not someone who will blame the other party or her own when she comes up short.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> News | Events All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1