The March 12, 2018 Township Committee meeting agenda
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fyi

PostPosted: Sat, Mar 10 2018, 10:17 am EST    Post subject: The March 12, 2018 Township Committee meeting agenda Reply with quote

The March 12, 2018 Township Committee meeting agenda has been posted.

http://www.cranburytownship.org/TC-Documents/2018/TC-agenda-031218.pdf
anon;oqr7-nnnp

PostPosted: Sat, Mar 10 2018, 11:54 pm EST    Post subject: Re: The March 12, 2018 Township Committee meeting agenda Reply with quote

On the new agenda for the Committee meeting----------Can someone please explain why in this small township we need TWO- Clerk Registrars? From my own observation when visiting town hall, fairly frequently, there is a bunch of idle time spent by the employees in the central office. It might just be a good place to start to reduce the budget so we don't get this property tax increase.
anon-139o

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 11 2018, 8:48 am EDT    Post subject: Re: The March 12, 2018 Township Committee meeting agenda Reply with quote

There’s no tax increase. What are you talking about.
anon-8532

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 11 2018, 11:07 am EDT    Post subject: Re: The March 12, 2018 Township Committee meeting agenda Reply with quote

anon;oqr7-nnnp wrote:
On the new agenda for the Committee meeting----------Can someone please explain why in this small township we need TWO- Clerk Registrars? From my own observation when visiting town hall, fairly frequently, there is a bunch of idle time spent by the employees in the central office. It might just be a good place to start to reduce the budget so we don't get this property tax increase.

The current clerk is retiring and the township shifted / promoted / maybe even demoted personnel around internally to fill her position. With someone retiring is there a vacancy the township will post?
anon-s6p5

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 11 2018, 1:08 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: The March 12, 2018 Township Committee meeting agenda Reply with quote

There is no tax and increase.

My understanding is that they split the role to save money. Taking the opportunity with the current clerk retiring.

In terms of posting these positions require certifications. My guess it is it cheaper to fill internally than to attract someone from the outside.
anon-q2r7

PostPosted: Tue, Mar 13 2018, 8:10 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: The March 12, 2018 Township Committee meeting agenda Reply with quote

On the official township website the only position is for a assistant to the chief of police. If the current clerk is retiring, and we currently have two, is it possible that the retiring clerk is training the other to take over the position?
anon-54r5

PostPosted: Tue, Mar 13 2018, 8:53 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: The March 12, 2018 Township Committee meeting agenda Reply with quote

The Town today has a deputy clerk and a clerk. They announced at last night's meeting from the agenda;

http://www.cranburytownship.org/TC-Documents/2018/TC-agenda-031218.pdf

That the Twp Clerk will be retiring/leaving and a new clerk is being hired Debra Rubin effective June 1. There will be a deputy clerk as now with Jean Golisano effective June 1.

Legally you can only have 1 clerk so either Ms. Rubin is not starting or is being trained.
Not suprised-4p5r

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 14 2018, 5:55 am EDT    Post subject: Re: The March 12, 2018 Township Committee meeting agenda Reply with quote

My understanding is Jean Golisano was hired many years ago to replace the current clerk when she was suppose to retire a few years ago but then decided not to retire. Why isn’t she promoted to the clerk position if that is why she was hired for in the first place? How do you not get the job that you were hired for by a person that has never done that type of work. Why was Mrs. Golisano overlooked for Mrs. Rubin for that job it just doesn’t make any sense or is this another one of those “ all depends on who you know or who you bl**”.
anon-s6p5

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 14 2018, 7:05 am EDT    Post subject: Re: The March 12, 2018 Township Committee meeting agenda Reply with quote

Sounds like another troll, but I’ll take the bait.

Do you really expect a personnel isssue to be discussed in public? How does that help either person?

Your supposition is that if she was hired many years ago for a role she is entitled to that role. From what I can tell our laws are still based on employers being able to put people in the best position for them and the employer. We don’t have an entitlement law or positions for life. While difficult even tenured people can be let go.

Obviously the town values Ms. Golisano because if she was hired for the sole role of replacing the clerk and was not then they also could have termed her position. As they did not, it is clear to me that Ms. Golisanon is a valued employee. From my interactions with her in the township office she has always been a welcoming person and very helpful. I have never had to work with the clerk. So from my perspective I am glad to see Ms. Golisano staying in her role as the face of Town Hall.

Don’t try to create issues anonymously concerning someone’s livliehood.
anon 3696-2792

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 22 2018, 1:28 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: The March 12, 2018 Township Committee meeting agenda Reply with quote

To Anon-56P5 - you write as if you have some inside knowledge, but you're an idiot. If the personnel issue concerns taxpayer money why shouldn't it be discussed on this forum and any other?

The truth will come out about what's going on at the township and how the township council is completely ineffective. They all should be replaced. Cranbury residents deserve better!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> News | Events All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1