Budget Article
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anon-4633

PostPosted: Mon, Apr 16 2018, 9:58 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Budget Article Reply with quote

In reference to the last post. So exactly how has it been a problem in Cranbury? Please be specific. Have there been any hate crimes? Doesn’t our school even have a transgender bathroom? Has there been any actual violence or even threats against anyone because of race, religion, sexual orientation? When? How? If yes why hasn’t anyone gone public? Your asking for support but you can’t really articulate a need other than vague unsubstantiated references. Then when it is suggested that if you want to be involved in running the town start by volunteering for for open positions on commitees, you start mocking those commitees. That is not very kind.
anon-833r

PostPosted: Mon, Apr 16 2018, 11:35 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Budget Article Reply with quote

I agree with you. Which is why I said what I did. I don’t see a problem.
anon-2pnr

PostPosted: Mon, Apr 16 2018, 1:42 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Budget Article Reply with quote

What scientific method did the scientist use to determine the racial and gender identities of all the Cranbury commission and board members?

When exactly did the African-American community in Cranbury appoint a starkly white woman to speak for them?

Why do the people claiming their is a diversity problem continue electing white men to speak for them?

If the people who are complaining would simply volunteer their own time, they would have nothing to complain about... and that may be their biggest fear.
anon-8691

PostPosted: Mon, Apr 16 2018, 8:22 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Budget Article Reply with quote

Yawn....

Maybe Art can chime in here.
anon-s6p5

PostPosted: Mon, Apr 16 2018, 8:34 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Budget Article Reply with quote

I find it so funny that the group who is supposedly so worried about acceptance would continually through an individual who is a long term resident around. If people posting negative things about him truly knew him then yiu’d Know this individual doesn’t use a computer or go here.

So maybe instead of bashing someone or bullying that person you can focus on perhaps getting volunteers.
anon-q2q6

PostPosted: Tue, Apr 17 2018, 6:37 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Budget Article Reply with quote

anon123-2163 wrote:
... Deny it all you want. This town has a damn committee for everything from trees to tennis camps but nobody loses their mind until someone says the word "Diversity."

Sorry, you must be new. People here "lose their minds" over everything from baseball fields to "bulky" houses, roofing materials to seasonal decorations, coffee shops to libraries. That said, another way to look at it is that people love our small town and are passionate about it.

Cranbury has a history of small passionate groups pushing for a variety of changes and, at times, these groups cross over from advocates for their cause to making offensive accusations wrapped in preachy self-righteousness. Perhaps someone should start a committee to address that pattern of behavior. Smile
anon-88r5

PostPosted: Tue, Apr 17 2018, 8:24 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Budget Article Reply with quote

Agree with above. People are passionate about preserving the town character, history and culture. That does not mean they are not welcoming, part of the culture has been welcoming and accepting to everyone.

In the 1960's a group concerned about taking care of our less fortunate and minority residents formed Cranbury Housing Associates. That group provided homes to minorities in town with quality housing. They developed the Pin Oak development and since then CHA who is private has partnered well with the town, yet been their own entity. The town even supports their annual grant applications.

Why can't this group of residents form a Diversity Group for the town without it being a formal board and commission or is it too much work? They can partner with the town like CHA, but would be private. So they can choose their own members, boards, programs, etc...
anon-s6p5

PostPosted: Tue, Apr 17 2018, 10:18 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Budget Article Reply with quote

Just a thought. Who is to say who the members of a CRC would be? If the group advocating does not agree with the membership that is approved will there be issues? If the group doesn't like demographics for our benign boards now, what would they be like if they did not get the CRC members they wanted. How will the board secretary be paid? How will programs be funded (township boards and commissions cannot fundraise). Will people attend lectures if they have to pay? Who controls the lectures to ensure they are not political in nature? They already mentioned the Blue line being offensive to BLM. Could we see a BLM lecture or worse what if society overall suddenly changes for the worse in backlash of the PC culture. Could we see an ardent hate group like in Chartlesville be given a forum to be given equal time? What is our legal obligation if we invite speakers for one side and not the other could we be sued? What if a group that could be seen by some as controversial demands a forum, what is our legal obligation? Seems we may be opening a Pandora's box that Cranbury is not equipped to deal with today.

Indivisible per their Facebook page had a speaker come from Hightstown to discuss immigration issues there. Will our CRC do the same and then advocate for Cranbury to be a sanctuary city? Will they simply push for sanctuary city status given that in researching the CRC's they list all have made that an agenda point.

These are just a few issues I see that need to be considered if this is explored further.
next month-o043

PostPosted: Tue, Apr 17 2018, 10:57 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Budget Article Reply with quote

well, get ready for the next issue - climate change. That is what Indivisible's next meeting is about. May 18 7-9 at St. Davids Episcopal Church on Main st.
irony-rr1s

PostPosted: Tue, Apr 17 2018, 8:11 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Budget Article Reply with quote

The sensibility shown in many of the posts in this thread is reassuring. I'm concerned about many of the issues raised and personal accounts some residents have shared about the intolerance shown by some persons involved with the letter in the paper, committee meeting, etc. Preach tolerance and inclusivity, but malign directly or through innuendo those who disagree?! That speaks for itself. Intolerance of those who didn't or don't support funding a new library (i.e., eyes rolled so much at candidate's night when one candidate had the audacity to not support it). Intolerance of persons or businesses that show support for our local police. Intolerance for political signs supporting a candidate (because it is threatening...). Denying involvement in an indivisible chapter during candidate's night, but now clearly supporting its mission. While claims are made about the lack of diversity/inclusion, these behaviors strike me as the tangible examples of intolerance. The mayor is in a tough position and I hope will make a well considered decision as he will be the swing vote in this committee discussion, if it comes to a vote. Same goes for all of us in the November election. I hope reason prevails.
anon-s6p5

PostPosted: Tue, Apr 17 2018, 8:56 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Budget Article Reply with quote

I agree with your highlighting the tone of this board and discussion. We vote for a TC to govern for all not one group. We also don’t vote for a TC to then hamper them by making them beholden to another board on what they can say or do.

Out of curiosity who do you see voting in favor of the CRC that the Mayor will be the swing vote?
anon-s6p5

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 19 2018, 6:41 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Budget Article Reply with quote

This group of individuals now has a website CranburyCRC.org that looks fairly professional. Where is all this money coming from for this site and a mailing?

They are also according to the site:

- sending mailers
- demanding a budget to pay private speakers
- demanding township financial appropriations

They also state examples. One being that a persons election signs were stolen. I am straight and had a Nancy Witt sign stolen last year. I don't see that as a bias crime and don't give it much thought. If that is a sign of a bias crime then I think New York would gladly change places with us. another was a realtor being overheard talking to an Indian couple saying buy this home before another Indian couple does. That is illegal and why if there was a concern wouldn't the agent be reported? What would a CRC do? The town has no authority over an employee of some company.

This group is out of control and they are creating a large divide in the community. But that is what they want. It is Stalin politics. You are for us or evil.

They are placing an emphasis on what we look like and act like rather than what Cranbury has always been about which is us an individuals. I am sure people may not like me or my wife. They don't dislike her because she is a woman or catholic. Nor do they dislike me for that reason. We are okay with it. I don't need a CRC to tell people they must like me.
anon-nn27

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 19 2018, 8:28 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Budget Article Reply with quote

On the CRC website there is no mention of any hate crimes which have occurred in Cranbury. There seems to be ambiguity about what this commission would do. Perhaps they can provide several detailed examples of situations where and how this commission would intervene. What authority would they yield?
anon-s6p5

PostPosted: Fri, Apr 20 2018, 6:33 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Budget Article Reply with quote

There aren't any. I asked a few officers and no hate crimes have been reported. One long time officer said there were no hate crimes for his entire length of career. The mentality is also scary. Look how someone is making the assumption that a lawn sign being stolen is a bias crime when the same thing happened to me and I figured it was some kid. Why jump to the conclusion and not think rationally?

This is an example of a state or national concern which is prevalent and warranted in NYC, Philly, Newark, etc...with people not involved in Cranbury making an issue where none exists. My wife told me that the group went to the PTO and fabricated fears and comments in order to try to drum up support. Unfortunately, many bought in.

Unfortunately, the wife of Mr. ferrante spoke at the meeting and is an ardent supporter so there will be two yes votes for this on the TC despite the negative implications it can cause and will cause to the community.

I saw the mailing that went out and it really bothered me. It was professionally done as was the website so clearly there is money behind this effort.

I suggest those opposed to the CRC come out Monday night to the TC meeting. If the CRC is there in force again then the TC should see those opposed to it too.
anon-sp5p

PostPosted: Fri, Apr 20 2018, 12:55 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Budget Article Reply with quote

So essentially this “CRC” is a Star Chamber with no/poorly defined jurisdiction and authority.
anon-88r5

PostPosted: Fri, Apr 20 2018, 2:09 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Budget Article Reply with quote

anon-sp5p wrote:
So essentially this “CRC” is a Star Chamber with no/poorly defined jurisdiction and authority.

In reading their site, they will be a defacto TC or thought police. It is expected issues, policy, and the like will be run through them. This is dangerous and what my grandparents always warned about people seeking government control over thoughts, views and expressions.

The Blue Line for example would never happen per the CRC. The problem is they are ignorant and don't care to understand if they do not agree.

They see the Blue Line and associate it with Blue Lives Matter and an affront to BLM. However, it is not. The Blue Line in streets was done by a lot of towns based on the Thin Blue Line. The simple-looking emblem and statement has multiple meanings, all arising from the same concept: police officers stand as a thin line that protects society from good and evil, chaos and order. Also, it represents the line between life and death that officers face every day. In some cases, it may be a tribute to an officer killed in the line of duty.

I noted that the CRC is highlighting what happened in Philly at Starbucks on their website. I don't see Teddy's kicking people out or our police arresting people. This doesn't happen in Cranbury and Cranbury is not Philly. This is what the CRC individuals and Matt Scott do not get.

You also don't see the CRC posting a link to the articles today about the two police offers who were ambushed and killed yesterday in Florida. If they are going to cite issues in Philly why not cite issues in Florida for police?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> News | Events All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 3 of 30