Candidates Night
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anon-88s8

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 19 2018, 7:48 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Candidates Night Reply with quote

The thing on traffic safety is the TC doesn’t write tickets or say this is what will be done. That is all on the Police and Chief. All the Tc can do is agree to the plan and approve the finances. The Chief decides what they will or will not do along with the county who owns the roads.

all three candidates will be subject to the same restrictions and are also only one vote. So even if they want to do something there are a lot of things in the way. So while Jay may see this as his concern, he is not the traffic subcommittee which is led by the Chief, administrator and mayor. Same with Mike, Matt and Dan who all care a lot.
anon-s316

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 19 2018, 9:36 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Candidates Night Reply with quote

What I got out of this previous post is that Glenn as the mayor is useless.

And Jay, who is concerned, can really only do things to improve traffic safety when he becomes mayor.
anon-879n

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 19 2018, 9:40 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Candidates Night Reply with quote

Or dan or Mike or Matt are Mayor. But it’s not even them. It is the Chief deciding what will work or not work. The Mayor only takes forward the budget items to the TC. The Chief sets the plan and can tell the TC no.
anon-572n

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 19 2018, 9:42 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Candidates Night Reply with quote

anon-s316 wrote:

And Jay, who is concerned, can really only do things to improve traffic safety when he becomes mayor.

If you feel that Glenn is an ineffective mayor you should consider not voting for him when his term is up.

Not sure why you are trashing Jay for not doing Glenn's job.
anon-18p1

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 19 2018, 4:21 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Candidates Night Reply with quote

anon-572n wrote:
anon-s316 wrote:

If you feel that Glenn is an ineffective mayor you should consider not voting for him when his term is up.

Not sure why you are trashing Jay for not doing Glenn's job.

Because the people talking smack have NO IDEA what they’re talking about. These same SPEND IT ALL RIGHT NOW people will be the first to leave when they’ve put their kids through school and bleed the town dry with high taxes
anon-8769

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 19 2018, 4:34 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Candidates Night Reply with quote

If you are saying Jay is a spend it all now and is going to leave town then you know absolutely nothing about him. Of all the TC members and maybe why he is so concerned about the finances is because he is not going anywhere. He grew up here and his family is all in town. Dan is the same with his wife growing up here which explains why he’s so concerned. Wayne comes in a close second for the same reason as Dan.

No one else has those ties and when that happens you risk getting the Tc of 10 years ago with the ballfield and sky high budget which was so high we still haven’t reached that level 10 years later.
anon-892q

PostPosted: Sat, Oct 20 2018, 8:08 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Candidates Night Reply with quote

Here is a new article in the Cranbury Press about the campaign for the TC.

http://www.centraljersey.com/news/the_cranbury_press/cranbury-candidates-running-low-key-race-for-township-committee/article_800281e4-2347-53f9-b2ba-3283a2695587.html
why?-3234

PostPosted: Sat, Oct 20 2018, 8:34 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Candidates Night Reply with quote

"Ferrante, a Democrat, said he had set a budget for his campaign to pay for lawn signs and brochures and approached prospective donors. He declined to say how much he would be spending."

Why?
anon-7666

PostPosted: Sat, Oct 20 2018, 9:35 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Candidates Night Reply with quote

why?-3234 wrote:
"Ferrante, a Democrat, said he had set a budget for his campaign to pay for lawn signs and brochures and approached prospective donors. He declined to say how much he would be spending."

Why?

To be fair Wayne didn't say his budget either and Jay gave an indication:

"We knew we were going to be under the limit,” Wittman said on Oct. 16. “I felt anything more than that would be excessive, personally. You needed a certain budget, but nothing over the campaign limit.”

Jay stated, "His re-election campaign budget is less than $1,500, meaning there is no money for bumper stickers, buttons or other frills."

My guess on spend
- Jay's number is under 1.5K per the press. Maybe 1.3K or so, if it was under 1K he would have said under 1K not 1.5K.

- Mike and Wayne- Are probably spending between 2.5K-3.5K given the cost of brochures (vistaprint), meet and greets they are doing, stickers, banners, mailings, etc...I looked up signs on vistaprint and it is about 1K for signs alone.

Just guesses, but thought it an interesting exercise to try and back into their campaign dollars.
anon-354n

PostPosted: Mon, Oct 22 2018, 1:59 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Candidates Night Reply with quote

anon-7666 wrote:
why?-3234 wrote:

Why?

To be fair Wayne didn't say his budget either and Jay gave an indication:

"We knew we were going to be under the limit,” Wittman said on Oct. 16. “I felt anything more than that would be excessive, personally. You needed a certain budget, but nothing over the campaign limit.”

Jay stated, "His re-election campaign budget is less than $1,500, meaning there is no money for bumper stickers, buttons or other frills."

My guess on spend
- Jay's number is under 1.5K per the press. Maybe 1.3K or so, if it was under 1K he would have said under 1K not 1.5K.

- Mike and Wayne- Are probably spending between 2.5K-3.5K given the cost of brochures (vistaprint), meet and greets they are doing, stickers, banners, mailings, etc...I looked up signs on vistaprint and it is about 1K for signs alone.

Just guesses, but thought it an interesting exercise to try and back into their campaign dollars.

Thank you for clarifying how much everyone spent. You are full of good information. What's your real name? I want to send you a Thank you note. You seem to work in a bi-partisan way, knowing details about everyone's campaign.

PostPosted: Thu, Oct 25 2018, 1:03 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Candidates Night Reply with quote

HMMMM wrote:
It is evident that half of the posts (if not more) are from Jay promoting himself while trying to present a misleading version of Mr Ferrante and Wittman responses. Anyone who was unable to attend, should read tomorrow's Cranbury Press from the reporter's perspective and not Jay's version. If not, residents should take the time to reach out to the candidates individually to hear their responses directly.

There was one point that I feel needs a bit more focus-- the $800- 1M in surplus. If Jay (the self proclaimed finance expert) is so fiscally prudent, why is there such a significant amount of surplus? In order to create this type of surplus, one would have to believe there was significant "over" budgeting, or bad financial management to continue to tax residents if funds weren't actually needed? Jay talks about returning the surplus to tax payers however, I would ask why TC kept collecting unnecessary taxes in the first place? Several issues came up that haven't been adequately addressed such as dredging the lake and repairing roads therefore, why hasn't the surplus been applied to address these issues that have been ongoing for years? If residents are supposed to rely on Jay's experience, why haven't these issues been addressed, clearly there are funds available? I would have like to hear a little more about his vision and plan moving forward, and a little less patting himself on the back at every turn.

If you really don't understand the advantages of a surplus, you're not very good with finances. Before you make another foolish post, please take 15 minutes to learn about our town's finances from any of the TC members or candidates, I'm sure they'll be happy to explain the financial advantages of a surplus.
anon-8s40

PostPosted: Thu, Oct 25 2018, 1:31 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Candidates Night Reply with quote

If people got the letter from Jay he quite clearly outlined the surplus position and how it has a floor and a ceiling. Along with the financial management of the current TC.

Clearly, he saw the tax increases were not necessary a number of times in the past when he voted no and he was shown right because the ceiling has been exceeded. Since as he predicted it has gone past the ceiling he’s saying we should not sit on it and the tax rate should be reduced and debt paid down. It seems there is at least one other current member who agrees based on discussions in town.

If the taxes had not increased (as he stated was the case originally with his no votes), then there would be no need to reduce them now.
anon-pn2p

PostPosted: Sun, Nov 4 2018, 4:22 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Candidates Night Reply with quote

Listening to all of the national attack ads I am so glad our candidates are all keeping things clean. This board should take a lesson.
anon-s316

PostPosted: Mon, Nov 5 2018, 9:43 am EST    Post subject: Re: Candidates Night Reply with quote

anon-8s40 wrote:
If people got the letter from Jay he quite clearly outlined the surplus position and how it has a floor and a ceiling. Along with the financial management of the current TC.

Clearly, he saw the tax increases were not necessary a number of times in the past when he voted no and he was shown right because the ceiling has been exceeded. Since as he predicted it has gone past the ceiling he’s saying we should not sit on it and the tax rate should be reduced and debt paid down. It seems there is at least one other current member who agrees based on discussions in town.

If the taxes had not increased (as he stated was the case originally with his no votes), then there would be no need to reduce them now.

Thanks Jay for explaining the letter you sent.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> News | Events All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3