TC next year
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anon-4394

PostPosted: Fri, Dec 21 2018, 6:33 pm EST    Post subject: TC next year Reply with quote

Good article about next year. Looks positive that Jay and Dan are aligned on a tax cut for residents. Looks like it will happen. Interested to see what Matt and Mike do on the Traffic issue.

http://www.centraljersey.com/news/the_cranbury_press/taylor-will-assume-mayor-s-role-in-cranbury-looks-forward/article_f1e4f892-20aa-5752-b2bd-b9c199e702b2.html
anon-000s

PostPosted: Fri, Dec 28 2018, 4:13 pm EST    Post subject: Re: TC next year Reply with quote

What steps will Jay implement to make the TC run like a well-oiled machine?
anon-7666

PostPosted: Sat, Dec 29 2018, 11:03 am EST    Post subject: Re: TC next year Reply with quote

anon-000s wrote:
What steps will Jay implement to make the TC run like a well-oiled machine?

Why not read the article or attend a meeting? I know he angered the elected Democratic Party officials and Indivisible last year, when he did not endorse Mike or any candidate, and instead said let the voters decide. Now it seems he’s doing the same tactic as Mayor and saying everyone has a role not just his party.

From the article Matt and Mike will have more responsibility. Which shows despite the dirty tactics they and their supporters employed during this past primary and election he’s not going to put them aside which is his right as Mayor to do.

I hear in town that Jay is telling people Dan will be Deputy Mayor meaning Jay’s appointing a Republican in a key role and one who was at odds with Indivisible. So clearly Jay also doesn’t care what Indivisible thinks either or he’d appoint Mike or Matt Deputy Mayor.

So when you ask what steps is he taking, the answer seems to be he is starting by giving everyone a key role and by making everyone including himself accountable. He’s leading the proverbial horse to water now it’s up to see if the rest of the TC drinks.
anon-81p8

PostPosted: Sun, Dec 30 2018, 6:42 pm EST    Post subject: Re: TC next year Reply with quote

Sweet. A former Republican appoints his bff Republican as deputy.
anon-454r

PostPosted: Sun, Dec 30 2018, 6:57 pm EST    Post subject: Re: TC next year Reply with quote

He also names two indivisible members who went after him in this past election to run the Traffic Subcommittee which is probably the most important subcommittee given the investments made. And has stated they will have other key roles.

Your indivisible bias is showing that this is not enough and as stated earlier Jay doesn’t play politics and careless what the indivisible group like yourself thinks. Glenn as this years Mayor would not be Deputy. So the only other choice is Matt or Mike to stay in party. Dan is qualified. Matt and Mike are not. Mike is not even a year on TC, when Matt has made meetings he has shown he does not understand the issues yet. Jay looked at qualifications not party which is what those who are not indivisible want.
anoqs71-0076

PostPosted: Sun, Dec 30 2018, 6:59 pm EST    Post subject: Re: TC next year Reply with quote

The fact is that Matt and Mike do not have the experience
---their day will come; but in due time------
Lets just hope that the dismissive attitude of Dan toward the public doesn't prevail!
anon-9soq

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 1 2019, 9:50 am EST    Post subject: Re: TC next year Reply with quote

How would Cranbury ever survive without local government? Who would be the keeper of the lollipop kids?
anon-7666

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 1 2019, 10:50 am EST    Post subject: Re: TC next year Reply with quote

Posts like the two above are why no one wants to run for TC and why we're losing our identity.

The lollipops comment is uncalled for by any stretch. The post about Jay being a former Rep so appointing Dan based on that basis also dumb and doesn't help anything.

The TC is about helping the town as best they can and up until last year the TC went a long time without politics entering the equation or name calling. In return the town was in a good place. Instead of pushing political agendas or name calling, why not volunteer yourselves? If you don't have the time then don't say anything at all.
anon-84p3

PostPosted: Thu, Jan 3 2019, 10:19 pm EST    Post subject: Re: TC next year Reply with quote

anon-7666 wrote:
The TC is about helping the town as best they can and up until last year the TC went a long time without politics entering the equation or name calling. In return the town was in a good place. Instead of pushing political agendas or name calling, why not volunteer yourselves? If you don't have the time then don't say anything at all.

Maybe Jay can stop threatening groups with lawsuits?
anon-7666

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 4 2019, 7:25 am EST    Post subject: Re: TC next year Reply with quote

When has Jay ever threatened a group with a lawsuit? Please explain this laughable comment.
anon-42o8

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 7 2019, 9:44 am EST    Post subject: Re: TC next year Reply with quote

I was looking at the Indivisible Cranbury FB page to see upcoming
Meetings I might to attend and saw there was a rally at Chris smith’s office that was of interest. However, the rally was to tell him The House of Rep is now owned not by the people, but the Dem party. https://m.facebook.com/indivisiblecranbury/. The post says who’s house? Our house!

As a life long Dem this isn’t the way to represent the voters, but a way to further divide and say party is all that matters which is why we’re in the state we are. The Dem party was always about voices and dialogue.

I then compare it to our TC and what I heard from the reorg meeting where the TC was bipartisan putting town first. Dan a Rep nominated Jay a Dem (yes a few nutty posters will say he’s not) for Mayor with everyone supporting it. (Matt I heard came late).

Jay nominated Dan for Deputy Mayor and Glenn the Dem party chair backed it, while Mike abstained from supporting Dan.

Then for Planning Board Nancy witt was appointed. It is nice to see a qualified person appointed over party. That she is a woman should make the CRC supporters happy so a good win for everyone.

I am glad our local TC for the most part is avoiding party politics and I am hopeful that Mike abstaining is a one and done. Good job TC.
abstain-3234

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 8 2019, 7:49 am EST    Post subject: Re: TC next year Reply with quote

An abstention? Was an explanation for the abstention provided?
anon-4307

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 8 2019, 9:15 am EST    Post subject: Re: TC next year Reply with quote

My understanding from hearing this is that no explanation was given as to why.
anon-572n

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 8 2019, 9:30 am EST    Post subject: Re: TC next year Reply with quote

abstain-3234 wrote:

Because Mike doing anything to even appear to support Jay or Dan would upset the Indivisibles and who knows better than Mike what happens to Cranbury Democrats that don't tow the party line? But too spineless to vote No.
anon-s316

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 8 2019, 10:22 am EST    Post subject: Re: TC next year Reply with quote

anon-572n wrote:
abstain-3234 wrote:

Because Mike doing anything to even appear to support Jay or Dan would upset the Indivisibles and who knows better than Mike what happens to Cranbury Democrats that don't tow the party line? But too spineless to vote No.

Too spineless to sign your post?
anon-572n

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 8 2019, 12:39 pm EST    Post subject: Re: TC next year Reply with quote

anon-s316 wrote:
anon-572n wrote:
abstain-3234 wrote:

Too spineless to sign your post?

I see you always identify yourself in your various troll posts as well anon-S316
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> News | Events All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3