Cranbury Press: Traffic Bureau to Return
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anon-43q7

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 15 2019, 6:50 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Cranbury Press: Traffic Bureau to Return Reply with quote

I don’t know. I know they are planning the launch of the traffic bureau in April and additional signs are on order. Maybe they are planning a big announcement and push.

Mike and Matt are in charge of the traffic subcommittee email them I am sure they’ll respond.
anon-4617

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 15 2019, 7:05 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Cranbury Press: Traffic Bureau to Return Reply with quote

I think we should be very careful before comparing our police force to Hightstown’s. One needs only to google Hightstown Police to come up with many reasons why they are probably not a department that Cranbury should strive to copy.
anon-8470

PostPosted: Sat, Mar 16 2019, 7:40 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Cranbury Press: Traffic Bureau to Return Reply with quote

The juvenile responses here are astonishing. Doesn't matter what size the town is, or the fact there are more letters in the word Hightstown or any other cute insignificant snipe. Take any town , anywhere, any size with a particular street where there is a Police presence and the Speed limit will be observed.

Note: Cranbury uses the Hightstown Dispatch to route calls.
anon-43q7

PostPosted: Sat, Mar 16 2019, 9:06 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Cranbury Press: Traffic Bureau to Return Reply with quote

Cranbury does not use Hightstown dispatch. Not for a few years. They use South Brunswick.

I agree a police presence will slow down cars. So do the police and TC which is why they brought back the traffic bureau. Hightstown is 1 square mile and has 12 officers. They don’t have all the warehouses and other areas to patrol. They also have two real Main Streets in the town to impact traffic safety. So they can put patrols out easily and have a visible presence. However, there are many times as well I go down Main Street in Hightstown and don’t see a police car. They are not there all the time. Plus, if we did the same thing on Main streeet people would complain as they did with Mike’s comments.

We have a larger town to patrol and more main roads.
anon-8470

PostPosted: Sat, Mar 16 2019, 2:55 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Cranbury Press: Traffic Bureau to Return Reply with quote

Weak excuses.

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 17 2019, 1:21 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Cranbury Press: Traffic Bureau to Return Reply with quote

anon-q2r7 wrote:
Sounds like a waste of money.

I bet pedestrians and bikers that got injured over the years would disagree.

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 4 2019, 4:54 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Cranbury Press: Traffic Bureau to Return Reply with quote

Any Update on the New Traffic Initiative? Or are we just hoping this scrolls to the bottom and disappears.
anon-3qr5

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 4 2019, 6:53 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Cranbury Press: Traffic Bureau to Return Reply with quote

I understand it’s start is mid-April. But walking and driving around town this week I have seen a ton of cars pulled over.
Curious-4638

PostPosted: Fri, Apr 5 2019, 6:03 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Cranbury Press: Traffic Bureau to Return Reply with quote

A lot of cars pulled over but how many tickets were written. How many residents received tickets compared to how many tickets issued to NON residents??
anon-42rq

PostPosted: Fri, Apr 5 2019, 6:22 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Cranbury Press: Traffic Bureau to Return Reply with quote

Tickets don’t matter as Cranbury doesn’t get revenue. If cats are stopped and given warnings you can bet they are less likely to speed again in town.

If you want the data file an OPRA request with the police. No one on this board has that data, the police won’t respond to some anonymous poster and most of the people believe our police do a good job.
Guest 237645-8o65

PostPosted: Fri, Apr 5 2019, 11:33 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Cranbury Press: Traffic Bureau to Return Reply with quote

I can’t believe the ridiculous comments I’m reading on this post! I’m lucky to be retired so I see the our cops around town. Sure, they get breakfast and lunch breaks just like every working employee, and I see them at eating at Teddy’s or at the deli. That is their privilege. Fortunately for a customer who had a medical emergency while eating at lunch at Teddy’s, one of our cops also was taking his lunch break there. I’d rather have them eating locally where they can interact with the people in town.

As far as being visible, they are. I see them all the time cruising throughout the town. With the re-implementation of the traffic division, I’ve noticed increased speed inforcement throughout town. The police are also more visible on Main Street during rush hour, which is (I think) a good thing for pedestrian safety.

They work hard for this community. Who do you think puts together the annual “National Night Out?” They participate in school education programs, bike safety programs, drug education education, etc. They try to reach out to the community with the monthly “ have coffee with the chief and mayor at Teddy’s.”

I’ll put our police officers up against Hightstown’s or any other town’s. Those who complained on this post just like to throw barbs and have no idea what they’re talking about.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> News | Events All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3