Heritage park
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hope not-sp14

PostPosted: Fri, Apr 19 2019, 9:03 am EDT    Post subject: Heritage park Reply with quote

I was walking in Heritage Park this morning and noticed that a couple of residents had put piles of branches out behind there homes in the park. I hope that Public works is not chipping those piles for the residents because it is not at the curb. I once asked the chipping guys if they could back off the road onto my property to chip piles for me that would of made it easier for me and safer for them off the roadway and they told me “ If we do it for you then we would have to do it for everyone and it must be at the curb in front of your own property”. I’m curious to see if they are told to get the piles because I know both residents have influence in the Township.
anon-7666

PostPosted: Fri, Apr 19 2019, 9:22 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Heritage park Reply with quote

What residents have piles? You're making veiled accusations so be clear. Jay as Mayor and a member of parks are there. Are those with influence placing chipping out in back? If not, then why would they want to exert influence for others and not do it themselves? Makes no sense and seems like you're trolling.

Personally, I don't see an issue anyway. If the guys are in the park already doing chipping then why does it matter if they grab a pile of brush there. The work is the same and maybe more efficient for them and us tax payers.

What you were asking for was for the crew to go onto your private property and do chipping. In the case of heritage park, the PWs crew is already there doing work just like someone who has a yard with a front and back road passing through. Seems like you want to cause trouble more than anything.
lets get real-617n

PostPosted: Fri, Apr 19 2019, 10:11 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Heritage park Reply with quote

Lets get real folks. Look at what happened to the 3 or 4 houses near jay in that windstorm-its like a tornado hit, and it may in fact been one! there must be 40-60 huge trees uprooted or sheared off in those 3-4 properties!!!

if those residents put all their brush at the curb it would be about 20 feet high and a hazard to pedestrians and cars. stacking it in the park where the Town chips anyway is safer and better for all!
anon-7666

PostPosted: Fri, Apr 19 2019, 10:33 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Heritage park Reply with quote

I just drove past Jay's house and saw him and Sally putting chipping at the curb. You're right this is going to be a real traffic hazard and the town should actually encourage the use of heritage park, it makes sense. That these residents are putting brush at the curb to meet the code is going to cause an accident because any wind and we'll have large branches in the middle of the road. What is the TC and town doing?
Hummmm-sp18

PostPosted: Fri, Apr 19 2019, 11:56 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Heritage park Reply with quote

Wouldn’t all residents that puts chipping in the street cause a traffic hazard? I don’t have a park to pick it my brush in so will Public works back up my driveway to chip it so I don’t cause a traffic hazard?
anon-87o4

PostPosted: Fri, Apr 19 2019, 12:28 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Heritage park Reply with quote

I would hate to have to look at all those branches while I am eating Easter dinner.
anon-r5qq

PostPosted: Fri, Apr 19 2019, 12:29 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Heritage park Reply with quote

Traffic hazard. Good thing we got traffic unit
anon-412o

PostPosted: Fri, Apr 19 2019, 12:31 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Heritage park Reply with quote

Hummmm-sp18 wrote:
Wouldn’t all residents that puts chipping in the street cause a traffic hazard? I don’t have a park to pick it my brush in so will Public works back up my driveway to chip it so I don’t cause a traffic hazard?

Clearly you don’t understand the severity of what happened in that area or are a troll. There were a number of residents who do understand and care today helping Sally who has always opened her yard to people.

Again, as was stated above the park is simply like a road. Your driveway is not a public area if you can’t understand the difference between public and private areas where PW is already doing work then I have no hope for you to understand any discussion.
Good idea-sp18

PostPosted: Fri, Apr 19 2019, 1:05 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Heritage park Reply with quote

Why don’t we do away with curbside chipping, that way we won’t have any traffic hazards and the town would look much cleaner instead of piles of branches always out. I always have my landscaper take the branches with them.
anon-412o

PostPosted: Fri, Apr 19 2019, 1:37 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Heritage park Reply with quote

There is a difference though I think on that this is not brush. It is dealing with numerous large trees that fell due to a freak tornado or huge wind storm. The cost for someone like these residents has to be close to or over 10k as insurance does not cover fallen trees. The more people can do themselves the less the cost. So why won’t people have some sympathy? This is not an every day situation.
anon-412o

PostPosted: Fri, Apr 19 2019, 1:39 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Heritage park Reply with quote

By the way many people still do yard work themselves either to save money or because they enjoy it. That you pay a landscaper is your choice.
anon-88sr

PostPosted: Tue, Apr 23 2019, 5:15 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Heritage park Reply with quote

Classic case of elected officials abusing their powers at the tax payers expense
anon-0421

PostPosted: Tue, Apr 23 2019, 7:57 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Heritage park Reply with quote

In this case, I do not understand what the big deal is if the people who were hit put branches on the side in the park for public works. It helps both sides out. For the people who are on this board and did not take the time to go back in the park and look at all the damage, maybe you should do so before complaining. THere are a lot of trees down and a lot of damage. I am in that park all the time and this is the only time and never have seen anyone put branches or piles of anything for the public works. Calm down people!!
anon-7666

PostPosted: Tue, Apr 23 2019, 8:03 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Heritage park Reply with quote

You people crack me up. First, you’re saying Jay is putting things out and abusing power. You clearly have no idea where he lives because there is nothing behind his home. Everything was out front at Easter. So you are either knowingly making libelous statements or are ignorant.

Second, PWs is back there chipping all the time or should be since they maintain the park. So what if people put the branches there it is public property just like a road. In fact I would say it makes the PWs job easier because they have the branches where they are working already.

Third, the homes were decimated. You are lucky that your home and yard was not destroyed be thankful for that. How many of you walked and went into Sally’s yard? She made it open to everyone for years. Now you want to complain about chipping in the park. Give me a break people.

PostPosted: Sat, Apr 27 2019, 11:01 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Heritage park Reply with quote

Article on the storm

http://www.centraljersey.com/news/the_cranbury_press/cranbury-recovering-from-severe-storm/article_069cae2d-7424-5940-a0c3-47ea2962857e.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> News | Events All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1