Free at-home COVID-19 Tests for NJ Residents
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fyi

PostPosted: Fri, Dec 24 2021, 2:09 pm EST    Post subject: Free at-home COVID-19 Tests for NJ Residents Reply with quote

Free at-home COVID-19 Tests for NJ Residents

The NJ Department of Health is partnering with Vault Health on a free at-home COVID-19 saliva testing program. The free PCR test is a simple 10-15 minute process that can be done in the privacy of your home. Request a free test kit here: bit.ly/3pV9te4

https://learn.vaulthealth.com/nj/

https://www.cranburytownship.org/home/news/free-home-covid-19-tests-nj-residents
anon-opr0

PostPosted: Fri, Dec 24 2021, 3:10 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Free at-home COVID-19 Tests for NJ Residents Reply with quote

i wouldn't count on this. We have had a horrible experience. All family members ordered one last weekend. Two out of five got an email with a tracking number on Tues and tests arrived Wed. Three out of five got nothing. A few email exchanges back and forth asking what happened with only a vague answer--the weather, high demand, slow shipping (essentially they threw in every possible excuse and nothing concrete about our actual tests).

Cut to late Thursday and the tests arrive out of nowhere. We think great. Except we also get an email saying they have cancelled those tests and we should order new ones (tests are tied to each person and account so likely now not useable since the system has no record).

Then the final straw--I went online to order new ones as they said only for them to say they are out for the day and try again tomorrow. Tomorrow will be a week since we ordered and no closer to having a working test.
anon-q8o4

PostPosted: Fri, Dec 24 2021, 9:08 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Free at-home COVID-19 Tests for NJ Residents Reply with quote

anon-opr0 wrote:
i wouldn't count on this. We have had a horrible experience. All family members ordered one last weekend. Two out of five got an email with a tracking number on Tues and tests arrived Wed. Three out of five got nothing. A few email exchanges back and forth asking what happened with only a vague answer--the weather, high demand, slow shipping (essentially they threw in every possible excuse and nothing concrete about our actual tests).

Cut to late Thursday and the tests arrive out of nowhere. We think great. Except we also get an email saying they have cancelled those tests and we should order new ones (tests are tied to each person and account so likely now not useable since the system has no record).

Then the final straw--I went online to order new ones as they said only for them to say they are out for the day and try again tomorrow. Tomorrow will be a week since we ordered and no closer to having a working test.

Long story short. You got free tests you can use and send in and you are complaining. Do you know how hard people work behind the scenes to keep up with this demand?
anon-opr0

PostPosted: Sat, Dec 25 2021, 4:58 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Free at-home COVID-19 Tests for NJ Residents Reply with quote

No I did not get a free test that I could use. That was the point of the post--not to complain but to warn anyone who wants to be sure to be able to get a test in a timely manner that they could try this method and might get lucky but they may also want to pursue another option at the same time.
anon-non5

PostPosted: Sun, Dec 26 2021, 10:20 am EST    Post subject: Re: Free at-home COVID-19 Tests for NJ Residents Reply with quote

Just to add to this exchange. Yes, people work hard and the demand is likely high. It is also a tough time of year. But, the test are not free. We are all paying for the tests so if they are not arriving in time or they can’t be used then it is an issue that should be solved. That somewhere along the line the process failed means it should be corrected. Not put aside as well 98% of the people worked hard.
anon-ror9

PostPosted: Mon, Dec 27 2021, 1:32 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Free at-home COVID-19 Tests for NJ Residents Reply with quote

anon-non5 wrote:
Just to add to this exchange. Yes, people work hard and the demand is likely high. It is also a tough time of year. But, the test are not free. We are all paying for the tests so if they are not arriving in time or they can’t be used then it is an issue that should be solved. That somewhere along the line the process failed means it should be corrected. Not put aside as well 98% of the people worked hard.

Ordered 2, got 2. Took a week. Shipping delays, yes. But I am not complaining about the free test. Just complaining about the complainers over here.

What else is new?
anon-non5

PostPosted: Mon, Dec 27 2021, 3:12 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Free at-home COVID-19 Tests for NJ Residents Reply with quote

Again. Not free. Your taxes and mine pay for them. How is it a complaint to pay for something and not have it useable? Seems like you’re the complainer. That people raise a fair comment and you don’t want to hear it. If it takes you a week then in that week you could have been spreading it.
anon-opr0

PostPosted: Mon, Dec 27 2021, 7:27 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Free at-home COVID-19 Tests for NJ Residents Reply with quote

anon-ror9 wrote:
anon-non5 wrote:

Ordered 2, got 2. Took a week. Shipping delays, yes. But I am not complaining about the free test. Just complaining about the complainers over here.

What else is new?

Doesn't seem like you read very well. The poster said three of the tests when arrived late were voided so they couldn't be used.

Sounds like what you are saying is as long as it worked out for you personally no one else should be able to speak up if it doesn't work out for them. Nice attitude. All the poser was doing was warning people it may not be a timely option. If you aren't immediately symptomatic and have weeks to risk waiting and sorting out their mistakes, its still a great option. If you don't, there's more reliable but less free options.
anon-ror9

PostPosted: Tue, Dec 28 2021, 11:54 am EST    Post subject: Re: Free at-home COVID-19 Tests for NJ Residents Reply with quote

Yup. The dude is just a poser.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> News | Events All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1