Comcast basic cable HD channels (East Windsor, NJ)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> Tech Related (PC, Internet, HDTV, etc.)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon, Mar 17 2008, 10:40 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Comcast basic cable HD channels (East Windsor, NJ) Reply with quote

Guest wrote:

Is there wording to this somewhere that I can reference?

Just go to the FCC (as in Federal Communications Commission) website at www.fcc.gov and do a search. Here's the first paragraph from their page on this:

"In 1996, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) adopted rules for Over-the-Air-Reception Devices (“OTARD” rules). The OTARD rules prohibit restrictions on a property owner or tenant’s right to install, maintain, or use an antenna to receive video programming from direct broadcast satellites (DBS), broadband radio services (formerly referred to as multichannel multipoint distribution services or MMDS), and television broadcast stations (TVBS)."

The fine print says there can be certain exceptions made when it is a matter of public safety or to "preserve an historical" district. But even then it is not a given -- a town would have to prove their case. So if you live in certain homes on main street and you wanted this visible on the front of your house, you might have an issue. If you don't, you're set.

PostPosted: Tue, Mar 18 2008, 7:15 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Comcast basic cable HD channels (East Windsor, NJ) Reply with quote

Thank you, that is exactly what I was looking for.

PostPosted: Sat, May 3 2008, 4:16 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Comcast basic cable HD channels (East Windsor, NJ) Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
I have Comcast basic cable service. My HDTV (Panasonic plasma) has a QAM tuner that can tune in to the un-encrypted HD channels. I found the following HD channels:

NBC-HD: 4-1
FOX-HD: 5-1
ABC-HD: 7-1
WWOR-HD: 9-1
CW-HD: 11-1
PBS-HD: 116-1
CBS-HD: 116-4

I lost NBC-HD and ABC-HD recently. Now my HD channels are:

Michael

PostPosted: Sat, May 3 2008, 6:04 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Comcast basic cable HD channels (East Windsor, NJ) Reply with quote

And HBO has no On Demad in HD. What's up with that?

PostPosted: Fri, Jun 20 2008, 9:45 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Comcast basic cable HD channels (East Windsor, NJ) Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I have Comcast basic cable service. My HDTV (Panasonic plasma) has a QAM tuner that can tune in to the un-encrypted HD channels. I found the following HD channels:

I lost NBC-HD and ABC-HD recently. Now my HD channels are:

Got all my HD channels back today:

It turns out my signal was weak such that my TV could not decode the lower numbered channels.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> Tech Related (PC, Internet, HDTV, etc.) All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2