Avoid Dayton Toyota
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> Shopping | Good Deals | Price Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dayton Toyota

PostPosted: Wed, Jul 13 2005, 8:57 am EDT    Post subject: Avoid Dayton Toyota Reply with quote

My experience with Dayton Toyota (RT-130) is bad. I had to repair loose contact of the power outlet in the cargo area of my 2004 RAV4 (bought at Dayton Toyota) under warranty. My experience:

1st visit: sorry we have to order replacement parts.
2nd visit: sorry we ordered the wrong parts.
3rd visit: we put the new parts in (??) but sorry it does not fix the problem. We recommend that you don't use your cargo power outlet while driving.

(The problem was virtually the same as before after the "repair".)

I took my RAV4 to Lawrence Toyota (RT-1) for a 2nd opinion.

1st visit: sorry we have to order parts (aren't the parts newly installed by Dayton Toyota??)
2nd visit: parts came; problem fixed.

Conclusion: Avoid Dayton Toyota for repairs (you will be just wasting your time). So far, Lawrence Toyota seems to be much more competent than Dayton Toyota in terms of repairs.
New car owner

PostPosted: Fri, Jul 15 2005, 2:39 pm EDT    Post subject: The importance of a competent service department Reply with quote

After you own a new car, in the first 2~3 yaers, most of the repaires (if any) will be covered under warranty. It's important to find a dealer that has a competent service department. Otherwise, your warranty repairs (if any) will spoil the joy of owning a new car.

A competent dealer will fix the problems quickly, so that you don't have to waste your time spedning time convincing the dealer that the problems are not fixed.

Just something to keep in mind when you select a dealer to buy a new car.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> Shopping | Good Deals | Price Talk All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1