Looking for Interviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maria Prato-Gaines

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 30 2008, 10:13 pm EDT    Post subject: Looking for Interviews Reply with quote

The Cranbury Press would like to do an article on the Cranbury Info site. Anyone who is used to navigating this site and is interested in sitting through a five-to-ten minute interview feel free to call me at the office-732-329-9214.
Thanks,
Maria Prato-Gaines
mpratogaines@pacpub.com

PostPosted: Wed, Oct 1 2008, 12:56 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Looking for Interviews Reply with quote

One thing I like about this site is that posting a message here is very easy and simple: no typing of strange looking kind of code and no delay of the posted message. They must be using some special kind of computer code to filter out all the possible junk postings.
HistoricallyFiscal

PostPosted: Wed, Oct 1 2008, 10:44 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Looking for Interviews Reply with quote

I like all the different view points even if I dont agree always, its easy to discuss with our small Cranbury community here - I feel its soo personal the info and news about Cranbury here. I know some here in Cranbury do not like to talk at the TC meetings, some are shy, some are commuting in NY/Phili and some just busy with kids - but all have opinions and want to contribute back. And you can do that anytime here.

This forum gives a voice to everyone in Cranbury, especially to those that are never represented in the Press or in the TC meetings. I love this site for that balanced voice and makes Cranbury even more of a community in this Digital online way.

PS. Now after I said that, I bet the next poster will make a political statement by either the Reps or Dems here Smile

But that makes it fun to see both sides here - about local, state and fed. I do enjoy all the back and forth even when it gets heated and good humor posts. Folks here are mostly polite and when someone isnt practicing good manners - We all self police this site and end a bad mannered thread. Just like walking away from someone or a conversation you disagree with, so its easy for our community to add good content to this forum and end bad ones quickly. Keep it up Cranbury.info who can we thank for it?

PostPosted: Thu, Oct 2 2008, 10:41 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Looking for Interviews Reply with quote

I enjoy checking in on the Cranbury Forum. However, I do have some concerns:
1- Whoever is administrating this website is taking deliberate measures to conceal its origins.
2- Also, for the casual user, this may seem like an official township website, which it is not.
3- As with all blogs or anything on the internet, statements can be perceived as truth without being substantiated.
4- One can have the misconception that Cranbury Forum reaches or represents the whole town. It does not.
In any case, I do value freedom of speech…even if it is anonymous.

PostPosted: Thu, Oct 2 2008, 1:49 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Looking for Interviews Reply with quote

I think 2-4 are true of all forums online, really, and people need to adapt to the medium. I think most people understand it is not an official site and when someone does get really out of line here, even though they are rarely if ever censored by a moderator (if there is one), the online community tends to put them in their place. There is a collective "voice of reason" here...

I do somewhat agree on #1 though. It is odd that the origins of the site are a mystery and that the moderator/sysop never seems to participate. The about us is increidbly dated.
James

PostPosted: Thu, Oct 2 2008, 2:48 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Looking for Interviews Reply with quote

Well, from where I sit I don't think the lack of origin or moderator is a concern at this point in time, but you're right. Everyone I talk to wonders who runs the site and how it sprang up.

This site is a good discussion site and most other boards that have this level of discussion are highly regulated. I think it's a pretty good statement about those who post here that this board can exist and not need the moderating of other boards. I do wonder if that will continue as the site gets more press. I hope it does, but you never know.

PostPosted: Thu, Oct 2 2008, 3:15 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Looking for Interviews Reply with quote

Well, we can tell this about whoever runs this site:

His/her ID on flickr is "cran0316"
He/She owns a Nikon D70s and shoots Raw
He/She uses Nikon Editor software
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu, Oct 2 2008, 3:50 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Looking for Interviews Reply with quote

Folks,

I am the system administrator of this website. Some info about this site:

1. The site has one owner (who wish to remain anonymous, is a resident of Cranbury, is an independent in politics, and pays the bills), one part-time technical admin (that's me), and one part-time business admin.

2. As you may have noticed, this site allows people to post freely and the postings usually show up immediately (i.e., not subject to review by a Moderator). This capability has created lots of work for me because people from all over the world (not just the residents of Cranbury) try to post inappropriate messages and spams to this site. On average, this site receives 20 or more spam postings per day.

The main reason is that this site is ranked #1 by both Google and Yahoo if you enter the search keywords "cranbury forum". Because of this ranking, Google and Yahoo search engines are likely to pick up the links contained in messages posted here.

So, In fact, I am quite busy working in the background to prevent spam messages from showing up on this site. Wink

Enjoy!

Last edited by Admin on Thu, Oct 2 2008, 6:25 pm EDT; edited 1 time in total
Cranbury Conservative

PostPosted: Thu, Oct 2 2008, 4:22 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Looking for Interviews Reply with quote

Thank you site adminstrator and please keep up the good work.

PostPosted: Thu, Oct 2 2008, 4:24 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Looking for Interviews Reply with quote

Does the site generate any revenue or is it a labor of love / philanthropy / hobby for the owner?
James

PostPosted: Thu, Oct 2 2008, 4:42 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Looking for Interviews Reply with quote

Admin,

Thanks and keep up the excellent work. Please know we really appreciate your efforts at keeping the spam away.
Madison

PostPosted: Thu, Oct 2 2008, 6:29 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Looking for Interviews Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
Does the site generate any revenue or is it a labor of love / philanthropy / hobby for the owner?

I think the owner is not actively looking for revenue now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> News | Events All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1