Tragic Death of Tony Paxton
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 31 2008, 4:59 pm EDT    Post subject: Tragic Death of Tony Paxton Reply with quote

Anthony Paxton, 52, died in a tragic accident at his home in Cranbury, Tuesday, Oct. 28.

Mr. Paxton was born and raised in Reading, England, where he met his wife, Janet. A move to Ontario, Canada was then followed 10 years later by another move with his wife and three children to Cranbury in 1996 where they lived for almost four years before continuing on to Zurich, Switzerland in 2000. His travels then took him to Singapore from 2002-2003 when he then returned with his family to Cranbury. His job with Credit Suisse took him to many exotic countries which fed into his love of traveling and his incredible work ethic. In his 13 years at Credit Suisse, Mr. Paxton was a dedicated IT leader who served as a role model for the firm’s values. He was committed to the success of Credit Suisse and moved his family around the world to provide support wherever it was needed. He most recently worked in a leadership role on the IT Risk and Business Continuity Management Team in the U.S.

Outside of the office, Mr. Paxton also gave a great deal. He worked diligently and successfully in inspiring young people to pursue science and engineering through his selfless work with the non-profit FIRST (For Inspiration and Recognition in Science and Technology). Mr. Paxton also contributed to rebuilding efforts all over the world, including in Sri Lanka and the U.S. Gulf Coast. His volunteer work clearly demonstrated his passion for helping others and commitment to making an impact on the world around him. He loved to be outdoors and was a firm believer in “Do It Yourself” projects. His most recent hobby involved collecting bird feeders and enjoying the wildlife in his backyard.

He is survived and will be incredibly, sadly missed by his best friend and wife of 24 ½ years, Janet L. Paxton formerly of Croydon, England. He was immensely proud of his three children Jamie, 22, Katy, 20, and Stephen 17, who will miss their amazing father who will forever be kept in their hearts.

Tony is pre-deceased by his father, Michael Paxton and lovingly remembered by his mother, Jean L. Paxton; his three brothers, Phillip, Graham and Christopher; his sister Rosemarie; and their families.
Visitation will be Wednesday Nov. 5, at the Fellowship Hall of the First Presbyterian Church of Cranbury 22 S. Main St., Cranbury. The Funeral Service will be Thursday, Nov. 6, at 10 a.m. also at the First Presbyterian Church, 22 S. Main St. Cranbury, N.J. followed by a luncheon. Cremation will be private and a memorial service will be held later in England for family, friends and colleagues. In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to: N.J. Sharing Network, 841 Mountain Ave, Springfield, N.J. 07081; in order to help organ and tissue donation services.

Funeral arrangements are under the direction of Christine A. Thompson of the Knott Colonial Funeral Home, 2946 South Broad St., Hamilton, N.J. The family respectfully requests that you wear cheerful colors, not black, as we celebrate Tony’s life.

Learn more about Tony at - - - http://tonywemissyou.blogspot.com
publius

PostPosted: Sun, Nov 2 2008, 12:47 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Tragic Death of Tony Paxton Reply with quote

Also, I just read about Helene Cody. She was only 16, and died near her birthday quite suddenly. I am so sorry for her parents and her other loved ones. I know that her Dad was going around the neighborhood because he was running for office, but, I was out and missed meeting him. It was so sudden, no warning, really. It kills me when tragedy befalls children. Her life had barely begun. Nothing that I can say will comfort them, but, again, I am very sorry for your loss.
publius.

PostPosted: Mon, Nov 3 2008, 10:08 am EST    Post subject: Re: Tragic Death of Tony Paxton Reply with quote

Quote:
Visitation will be Wednesday Nov. 5, at the Fellowship Hall of the First Presbyterian Church of Cranbury 22 S. Main St., Cranbury.

What are the times for visitation?

PostPosted: Mon, Nov 3 2008, 2:18 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Tragic Death of Tony Paxton Reply with quote

On Wednesday, November 5, the Paxton Family will be receiving family and friends in the Fellowship Hall of the First Presbyterian Church of Cranbury from 5:00p to 8:00p. The funeral will be held at the First Presbyterian Church of Cranbury at 10:00 a.m. on Thursday, November 6 in the Sanctuary followed by a reception in the Fellowship Hall.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> News | Events All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1