Where to buy a Wii?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> Shopping | Good Deals | Price Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Madison

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 5 2007, 8:40 am EST    Post subject: Where to buy a Wii? Reply with quote

My kids have been bugging me to buy a Wii. I could not find one in nearby stores. Embarassed

Where can I find one? Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 5 2007, 9:38 am EST    Post subject: Re: Where to buy a Wii? Reply with quote

Madison wrote:
My kids have been bugging me to buy a Wii. I could not find one in nearby stores. Embarassed

Where can I find one? Rolling Eyes

I got one and its really fun, for the kids an even adults that wouldn't touch any other video game... Finding one for now is just about being persistent or lucky. We made a ritual every couple days to call Best Buy, Circuit City, Target, Wal-Mart, EB Games, Game Stop and a couple others and look online. Sometimes they wouldn't know or announce when they would get a shipment and sometimes they would say they expect them Sunday, for example. Whenever they arrived unannounced, they would be sold within minutes because people know that even if they don't want one they can turn it around un-opened for a big profit on EBay. Whenever it was announced in advance, there were usually lines forming by 4-5am at that store, even around here.

My guess is, all these should ease up soon now that the Christmas rush is past. Give it a month or so. If you really don't want to wait, the best bets are:

1. EBay. You will definitely get one, just at a high premium.

2. Plan to go in REALLY early to the city some day and stand in line at the Nintendo Store. During the holiday at least, they made it a point to distribute about 100 new machines a day there even when no one else had them. But everyone knew this so they would form lines every morning. If you were committed enough, you definitely got one. The last people in line to get one typically arrived around 4-5am (the lines usually started the night before).

3. Around here, we found Toys R Us was the most liberal with telling us which day they would have them in advance. Best Buy and Walmart, on the other hand, often didn't share that info in advance but did usually receive the largest quantities.

By the way, if/when you do get the Wii, remember to grab extra remotes and "nun-chuks" *the other half of the remote, sold separately of course). The system only comes with one of each out of the box and most of the games are designed and the most fun when played with multiple players.

Good luck.
Madison

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 5 2007, 7:25 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Where to buy a Wii? Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing the info.

I'll try ToysRUs stores first.

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 15 2007, 5:05 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Where to buy a Wii? Reply with quote

Look for the week of 01/21 circular from Target, Best Buy, and Circuit City for advertised Wii deals.

Wink

PostPosted: Sun, Jan 21 2007, 11:23 am EST    Post subject: Re: Where to buy a Wii? Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
Look for the week of 01/21 circular from Target, Best Buy, and Circuit City for advertised Wii deals.

Wink

Did anyone get a Wii today? Was it tough to get one?

PostPosted: Sun, Jan 21 2007, 3:32 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Where to buy a Wii? Reply with quote

Guest wrote:

Wink

What advertised deals? They all listed the system and games at full price and none of them had it in stock anyway?
wii

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 23 2007, 10:34 am EST    Post subject: Re: Where to buy a Wii? Reply with quote

The new business model is to buy Wii's from CC, BB, Target, etc., and then sell them on eBay for a profit. The number of Wii listing on eBay increases more than 1000 after 1/21.

PostPosted: Wed, Feb 7 2007, 1:26 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Where to buy a Wii? Reply with quote

Target stores will have Wii available for sale this Sunday (2/11). Wink

Store opens at 8am.

Good luck!

PostPosted: Sun, Feb 11 2007, 9:34 am EST    Post subject: Re: Where to buy a Wii? Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
Target stores will have Wii available for sale this Sunday (2/11). Wink

Store opens at 8am.

Good luck!

I walked in the East Windsor Target at around 8:45am (2/11) and bought a Wii. Razz There were about 2 Wii's left after my purchase.

PostPosted: Sun, Feb 11 2007, 4:59 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Where to buy a Wii? Reply with quote

Check the Target Wii availability using this link:

http://crayz.org/target_wii.php?zip=08512
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> Shopping | Good Deals | Price Talk All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1