Cranbury Public Library Web Site (Concern!!!)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cranbury liberal

PostPosted: Mon, May 19 2008, 10:21 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Cranbury Public Library Web Site (Concern!!!) Reply with quote

Very happy to have been wrong. It looked like it was going to go exactly like I predicted (i.e. they claimed it was a vote just to continue discussion but dodged the question about whether there would be another opportunity for public comment in response to the further fact finding before they voted to act and they claimed there were going to get the facts despite also claiming they didn't have a stated purpose for the property which are incompatible statements since you can't get operational and renovation costs without a purpose). But one Democrat voted against it, thus restoring some of my faith in the party and the TC.
Susan LeDonne

PostPosted: Tue, May 20 2008, 10:26 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Cranbury Public Library Web Site (Concern!!!) Reply with quote

I have posted a message on the library blog to Marilyn requesting where I can get the financial statements for the library.

I found it interesting that, unlike this blog, where comments are posted immediately, the library blog has their comments "moderated" before posting.
Stop the Whining

PostPosted: Tue, May 20 2008, 2:07 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Cranbury Public Library Web Site (Concern!!!) Reply with quote

Please....stop to whine about this. There is a difference between a message board (this one), and comments to a blog post. Plus I am too tired to explain this in further detail.

Is there a problem with comment moderation on the library's blog?

Please stop it Exclamation

Susan LeDonne wrote:
I have posted a message on the library blog to Marilyn requesting where I can get the financial statements for the library.

I found it interesting that, unlike this blog, where comments are posted immediately, the library blog has their comments "moderated" before posting.
James

PostPosted: Tue, May 20 2008, 2:56 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Cranbury Public Library Web Site (Concern!!!) Reply with quote

I have to agree. There are many solid message boards with good moderators. There is no issue that the messages are reviewed prior to posting. Let's all support the library and staff and recognize the good they are doing.
Cranbury Conservative

PostPosted: Tue, May 20 2008, 3:08 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Cranbury Public Library Web Site (Concern!!!) Reply with quote

Agreed the Library issue had legs before PNC was defeated, however now it is a moot point.

We need to focus on the following 3 issues going forward....

Issue #1 COAH

Issue # 2 Consolidation:

Issue # 3 Taxes (Property Taxes)
Frugality In Cranbury

PostPosted: Tue, May 20 2008, 3:18 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Cranbury Public Library Web Site (Concern!!!) Reply with quote

I agree - we need to move on from the PNC Bank and refocus on COAH and consolidation issues that could negatively effect our town. We need to take control of our towns destiny and come up with some sort of plan (plan a, plan b, plan c, etc) rather than a "wait and see" attitude.
Susan

PostPosted: Wed, May 21 2008, 6:25 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Cranbury Public Library Web Site (Concern!!!) Reply with quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Please....stop to whine about this. There is a difference between a message board (this one), and comments to a blog post. Plus I am too tired to explain this in further detail.

Is there a problem with comment moderation on the library's blog?

Quote:
Let's all support the library and staff and recognize the good they are doing.

Sorry - new to both message boards and blogs. I don't have a problem with moderation - I had not seen it before (again, new!)

I love the library and the staff and think they do a great job.

Moving on... Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> News | Events All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2