District 14 Representatives & COAH
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri, May 23 2008, 10:43 am EDT    Post subject: District 14 Representatives & COAH Reply with quote

Sorry if this has been posted previously, but I thought it might be helpful to list of our elected representatives with contact information. You can submit comments to them at http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/districts/districtnumbers.asp#14

To call, write or stop bye:

Senator BILL BARONI - Republican
3691A Nottingham Way, Hamilton Square, NJ 08690
(609) 631-9988

Assemblyman WAYNE P. DEANGELO - Democrat
2239 Whitehorse-Mercerville Rd., Suite E, Hamilton, NJ 08619 (609) 631-7501

Assemblywoman LINDA R. GREENSTEIN - Democrat
7 Centre Dr., Suite 2, Monroe, NJ 08831-1565
(609) 395-9911

Baroni and Greenstein responded to me previously. At a minimum, I'd like to see them attach an amendment to Roberts' bill that accounts for the ratio of a town's COAH obligation to the size of the town. COAH demands a 1:5 ratio for new construction; Cranbury's COAH obligation is 1:3 for the entire town. This defies any sense of smart planning & growth. Perhaps our legislators can introduce an amendment that allows RCAs for towns that have achieved the 1:5 ratio of "affordable" housing vs. total housing stock. This would still be a heavy obligation (roughly 100 additional units in town), but I presume would be preferable to a builder's remedy or consolidation.

PostPosted: Fri, May 23 2008, 11:05 am EDT    Post subject: Re: District 14 Representatives & COAH Reply with quote

What's up with Deangelo? I have yet to see him attend any Cranbury meeting or event. The others have always been good about that. Nor did his office reply to our letters to all three as the other two did. Nor have I seen him take any stand on this issue in general.

It feels like he absolutely could care less about Cranbury and doesn't make an effort to pretend otherwise.

PostPosted: Fri, May 23 2008, 12:16 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: District 14 Representatives & COAH Reply with quote

Don't forget about our state representatives:

Governor Jon Corzine

U.S. Senator Robert Menendez(D)
One Gateway Center,
Suite 1100
Newark, New Jersey 07102
973.645.0502 fax

U. S. Senator Frank Lautenberg (D)
One Gateway Center
Twenty-Third Floor
Newark, NJ 07102
Phone: (973)-639-8700
Toll Free: 1-888-398-1642
Fax: (973) 639-8723

U. S. Representative Rush Holt
District Office
50 Washington Rd.
West Windsor, NJ 08550
609-750-9365
609-750-0618 (fax)
1-87-RUSH-HOLT (toll-free)

PostPosted: Fri, May 23 2008, 12:20 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: District 14 Representatives & COAH Reply with quote

Even though these are our state representatives that vote on federal issues, they still have influence on our NJ state policies. COAH directly impacts environmental, agricultural, job opportunities, taxes, and quality of life as we know it.

Just to give you a little background on a few of them and what issues that they are interested in that might help save towns like ours in NJ.

RUSH HOLT
http://holt.house.gov/issues.shtml

Rush Holt- Einsteins Alley
Growing central New Jersey’s job base—particularly in the high-tech arena—requires a close working relationship between government, business, and labor. Finding the right balance between sometimes competing interests can be challenging but also rewarding. In New Jersey, I've acted as the facilitator for what I've termed the "Einstein's Alley economic development process," a public forum that seeks to expand central New Jersey's job base while simultaneously maintaining our quality of life.

Holt on the Issues
Jobs. The environment. Transportation. Homeland security. Tax policy. Social Security. The issues affecting the 12th District and the nation are diverse, sometimes competing, and always challenging. I’m honored by the opportunity you’ve given me to help you, your family, and our collective neighbors in central New Jersey navigate the maze of federal programs and policies that affect each of us every day. I continue to believe that government can make a positive difference in the lives of its citizens, especially when those citizens are well informed about what their representatives are doing on their behalf. To that end, please find below a list of links to the major issues I’m working on your behalf here in Washington and in New Jersey.

PostPosted: Fri, May 23 2008, 12:24 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: District 14 Representatives & COAH Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
What's up with Deangelo? I have yet to see him attend any Cranbury meeting or event. The others have always been good about that. Nor did his office reply to our letters to all three as the other two did. Nor have I seen him take any stand on this issue in general.

It feels like he absolutely could care less about Cranbury and doesn't make an effort to pretend otherwise.

Maybe he's pacing himself.

PostPosted: Fri, May 23 2008, 12:30 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: District 14 Representatives & COAH Reply with quote

Senator Robert Mendez is currently a proponent of the following which will be negatively affected by the proposed COAH third round.

Senator Robert Mendez
http://menendez.senate.gov/

Agriculture:
Despite having the highest population density of any state and one of the highest costs of living, New Jersey is still one of the top ranked states in the production of a variety of fruits and vegetables, including:
# Blueberries: 2nd highest national output (the number one in fresh market blueberries)

Cranberries: 3rd highest national output
Peppers: 3rd highest national output
Peaches: 4th highest national output
Spinach: 4th highest national output

New Jersey is also a major producer of tomatoes, eggplant, apples, strawberries, cucumbers, sweet corn, asparagus, head lettuce, and more.

ENVIRONMENT:
Protecting clean water and air, preserving recreational open spaces, and combating urban sprawl are important to ensuring a better quality of life for our communities, families, and children. Throughout my tenure in Congress, I have fought to preserve and protect our natural heritage and resources throughout our state, our nation, and around the world. You can be assured that I remain committed to protecting our environment and ensuring that our natural resources can be enjoyed by future generations.

HOUSING:
In America, every family should have the opportunity to own a home. For many, homeownership is the key to making the American dream a reality. I strongly believe that Congress must ensure mortgage options are available for those who are legitimately prepared to take on the responsibilities of homeownership. Both as a Member of the House of Representatives and as a United States Senator, I have worked to make housing more affordable for all by providing tools to assist families in financing a home and paying their mortgage.

Fair and Affordable Housing
The nation's housing market has risen to unreasonable levels, making it virtually impossible for parents to afford adequate housing for their families. As the fourth most expensive state in the nation for renters, low-income New Jersey families with children are especially feeling the burden of the current housing bubble. Federal standards specify that affordable housing should be no more than 30% of total average income, yet more than 90% of New Jersey's low-income individuals spend more than half their income on rent. Further, the nation's housing market contains limited and unequal opportunities beyond affordability, such as language barriers for minorities and accessibility barriers for the elderly.

One of my priorities in the 110th Congress is to continue to create innovative mortgage products, tax incentives and credits, and adequately fund programs that support fair and affordable housing. With more than half of all New Jersey renters unable to afford a modest, 2-bedroom apartment, programs such as the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) provide New Jersey cities with the necessary means to provide affordable housing, revitalize neighborhoods, increase business opportunities, improve community facilities and services, and create jobs.

Despite the success and sheer necessity of such programs, President Bush has once again proposed deep cuts in the HUD budget for critical federal housing programs which serve those most in need. I fought for and was able to restore the president's harmful cuts to these vital programs and provide $3.8 billion for CDBG in the budget resolution. I strongly believe in our nation's housing programs and will continue to protect their funding and resources in the United States Senate
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> News | Events All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1