Township of Cranbury - Resident Advisory - May 28, 2008
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed, May 28 2008, 11:19 am EDT    Post subject: Township of Cranbury - Resident Advisory - May 28, 2008 Reply with quote

(received from the town)

Township of Cranbury - Resident Advisory - May 28, 2008

The Primary Election will be held on Tuesday, June 3, 2008. Voters should report to Town Hall, 23-A North Main Street : District 1 voters please report to the Boy Scout Room, Districts 2 and 3 please report to the Senior Room.

The polling places will be open from 6:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m.

* ---------------------------------------------------------------

SENIOR ROOM CLOSED ON MONDAY, JUNE 2, 2008 THROUGH WEDNESDAY JUNE 4, 2008

The Cranbury Township Senior Center will be closed on Monday, June 2, 2008 starting at 2:00 p.m. and will re-open at approximately 10:00 a.m. on Wednesday, June 4, 2008 due to the Room being used for the Primary Election Day on Tuesday, June 3, 2008.

We are sorry for any inconvenience.

PostPosted: Wed, May 28 2008, 11:29 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Township of Cranbury - Resident Advisory - May 28, 2008 Reply with quote

What is the story on the candidates? I know Win Cody is running as he has posted here but I have seen absolutely nothing else about the other people running, not even their names. Did the others running attend the recent public hearing and use it as a chance to speak so we could see where they stand on an issue?

How are we supposed to find anything out about them before this primary so we can make an informed decision?

And how does a primary work here? Is it just a way to reduce the number of candidates in the final election?
James

PostPosted: Thu, May 29 2008, 7:26 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Township of Cranbury - Resident Advisory - May 28, 2008 Reply with quote

I don't believe the Democrate candidate spoke at the meeting. I do understand that there is one person from each party running for office.

PostPosted: Thu, May 29 2008, 8:03 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Township of Cranbury - Resident Advisory - May 28, 2008 Reply with quote

I am a newbie voter (registered to vote recently; independent). I have a newbie question. What is the purpose of the upcoming Primary Election?

PostPosted: Thu, May 29 2008, 10:15 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Township of Cranbury - Resident Advisory - May 28, 2008 Reply with quote

James wrote:
I don't believe the Democrate candidate spoke at the meeting. I do understand that there is one person from each party running for office.

Was the candidate even present at the meeting? How can they be running for one of 5 positions that determine the fate of our Township during perhaps our most critical crisis ever, and certainly in decades, and not make a visible stand before the electorate? I am a registered Democrat but given the behavior of some Democrats on the TC already, I will never again vote for a local candidate who I cannot see to make a clear stand on the issues important to this small Township. And reading their quotes in the Cranbuyr Press just before the election doesn't count for much either, apparently, when even the standing Mayor can publicly make a 180 dergee reversal from his published campaign promise without even so much as an apology or explanation for why he decided to reserve himself.

Barring some sudden appearance by this mystery Democratic candidate, Win you've got at least two votes from my household.
concerned

PostPosted: Thu, May 29 2008, 12:34 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Township of Cranbury - Resident Advisory - May 28, 2008 Reply with quote

Looks like Win Cody is republican candidate & John Ritter is democratic candidate.

I don't know anything about either gentleman. Given all that is going on in town, I'd love to hear from the candidates.

PostPosted: Thu, May 29 2008, 12:44 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Township of Cranbury - Resident Advisory - May 28, 2008 Reply with quote

According to the Cranbry Press reporter Maria Prato-Gaines, John Ritter spoke for the purchase at the PNC meeting.

http://cranbury.info/viewtopic.php?t=2545

PostPosted: Thu, May 29 2008, 12:52 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Township of Cranbury - Resident Advisory - May 28, 2008 Reply with quote

concerned wrote:
Looks like Win Cody is republican candidate & John Ritter is democratic candidate.

I don't know anything about either gentleman. Given all that is going on in town, I'd love to hear from the candidates.

Mr. Cody has posted here a number of times so while I don't know him personally at least I know where he stands and how he communicates. I don't know anything about Mr. Ritter, besides apparently that he was willing for the Township to take on millions more in debt to acquire an already protected building for no defined purpose while we're on the verge of a major COAH fight. If there is more to this candidate, I'd love to hear it.
wcody

PostPosted: Thu, May 29 2008, 1:19 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Township of Cranbury - Resident Advisory - May 28, 2008 Reply with quote

The June 3 primary election is where members of the political parties vote for candidates to represent their parties in general election in November. Registered members of the party can vote for their candidates on primary day. If someone is unaffiliated with a party, they can choose to declare themselves for a political party at the primary election then vote at that and subsequent primaries. From what I understand that this election will be for the parties to elect their candidates for US Senator, US House of Representatives, County Freeholders, Cranbury Township Committee and party district people. This would normally be the Presidential Primary as well but New Jersey moved that up to February to be part of Super Tuesday. Most of these primaries elections are uncontested. For township committee, I am the candidate for the Republican Party, John Ritter is the candidate for the Democratic Party. I will continue to post on this site and plan to walk to every household in Cranbury before the November election. I welcome all feedback from Cranbury residents.

The interesting primary next week is for the US Senate seat. There is a contested election for both the Republicans and Democrats. That campaign has not received a lot of publicity. This is for Frank Lautenberg’s Senate seat. He is running for re-election but being challenged by Democrats Rob Andrews and Donald Cresitello. For the Republicans, there are three candidates, Dick Zimmer, Joe Pennacchio and Murray Sabrin. Dick Zimmer has been endorsed by Bill Baroni. You might have seen Dick Zimmer at the Memorial Day parade with Bill Baroni.

It is important for members of all parties to vote Tuesday.

Win Cody

PostPosted: Thu, May 29 2008, 10:18 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Township of Cranbury - Resident Advisory - May 28, 2008 Reply with quote

Win,

Thanks for the info about the primary election. I printed out a copy of NJ Voter Registration Application form for my wife.

http://www.state.nj.us/lps/elections/voter-registration-application.html

You will get two votes from my family in November.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> News | Events All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1