Annoying phone calls asking for donation
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> Radom Thoughts | Sports | Kitchen Sink
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu, Jul 31 2008, 7:34 pm EDT    Post subject: Annoying phone calls asking for donation Reply with quote

Lately, I received almost daily phone calls asking for donation. My home phone number is in the "do-not-call" list, but these people just don't care. Ironically, the reason for getting this kind of trouble may be because I donated money to some charitable organizations before and they probably gave out or sold my info.

Any ideas how to end this kind of call?

PostPosted: Thu, Jul 31 2008, 9:12 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Annoying phone calls asking for donation Reply with quote

The phone company has an "annoying phone call" number which is usually located in the front section of the phone book. They may be able to direct you to a way to stop these calls.

I do not know if charities have to follow the same guidelines as other organizations.

PostPosted: Fri, Aug 1 2008, 10:18 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Annoying phone calls asking for donation Reply with quote

Just tell the annoying caller you only accept solicitation calls at 212-479-7990.

PostPosted: Fri, Aug 1 2008, 10:29 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Annoying phone calls asking for donation Reply with quote

Charities are exempt from the do not call list as are political calls.

I have received no less than 5 calls in the last month from various organizations saying they are collecting on behalf of state police, police youth leagues, etc...

I used to say mail me information. One did so and then harassed me for 6 months about donating. The funny thing is that when I got their mailing I did a google search and found that the state of NJ was prosecuting the company doing the donation for fraud as only 20% of the funds went where they said there were going.
annoyed

PostPosted: Fri, Aug 1 2008, 10:48 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Annoying phone calls asking for donation Reply with quote

A few days ago, at round 7pm, when I was cooling off in my backyard pool, my wife told me I got a call. I wondered who would call me at such a time. Once I answered the phone, I realized it was from a stranger asking for donation. I almost threw the phone in the pool. Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> Radom Thoughts | Sports | Kitchen Sink All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1