Cranbury Day & Camp Out - rain date?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
concerned

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 4 2008, 10:25 am EDT    Post subject: Cranbury Day & Camp Out - rain date? Reply with quote

It looks like Hanna will impact Cranbury this coming Saturday. Any idea what the plans are for a rain date for Cranbury Day or the camp out?
Cranbury Day

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 4 2008, 10:39 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Cranbury Day & Camp Out - rain date? Reply with quote

The township is watching the storm. Later today they are going to make a decision to cancel or go ahead. We should know by end of day. The rain date will be next Saturday. As of right now looks like the storm is going to hit us on Saturday.

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 4 2008, 1:11 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Cranbury Day & Camp Out - rain date? Reply with quote

concerned wrote:
It looks like Hanna will impact Cranbury this coming Saturday. Any idea what the plans are for a rain date for Cranbury Day or the camp out?

There is a new update on the townships website - but my computer is not letting me open the pdf file... If anyone has any luck - can you post the new update on this site? Thanks Surprised)
??

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 4 2008, 1:25 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Cranbury Day & Camp Out - rain date? Reply with quote

I saw one about Hurricane Hanna Alert, which is posted here:

http://cranbury.info/viewtopic.php?p=6320#6320

Another one about CRIME PREVENTION SEMINARS:

THE CRANBURY TOWNSHIP POLICE DEPARTMENT WILL PRESENT TWO CRIME PREVENTION LECTURES ON CRANBURY DAY, SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 6, 2008. THE LECTURES WILL BE HELD AT 10:00 A.M. AND 1:00 P.M. IN THE CRANBURY SCHOOL CAFETERIA.

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 4 2008, 1:39 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Cranbury Day & Camp Out - rain date? Reply with quote

(This posting contains incorrect info. --Admin)

- cranbury day is canceled for this weekend the 6th because of the storm. it will now be Sept 13th

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 4 2008, 3:32 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Cranbury Day & Camp Out - rain date? Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
- cranbury day is canceled for this weekend the 6th because of the storm. it will now be Sept 13th

Anyone know if this is true? Trying to make some plans for the weekend Mr. Green

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 4 2008, 4:54 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Cranbury Day & Camp Out - rain date? Reply with quote

I don't know, but in the past there was never a rain date because many of the merchants/booths had other places they needed to be.

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 4 2008, 5:12 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Cranbury Day & Camp Out - rain date? Reply with quote

There is nothing official from the township website that I've seen.
I don't remember any Cranbury Day being cancelled.

Maybe they will decide tomorrow?
wcody

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 4 2008, 6:55 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Cranbury Day & Camp Out - rain date? Reply with quote

I just received a notice from the organizers stating Cranbury Day is still on as planned since the path of the storm is unpredictable. Hope to see everyone out there, but you may want to bring a raincoat.

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 4 2008, 7:08 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Cranbury Day & Camp Out - rain date? Reply with quote

Wow, with a flood watch in effect for 3 to 5 inches of rain cranbury day is still on?? They are braver than I am. I'll be inside watching through the window.
wcody

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 4 2008, 7:51 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Cranbury Day & Camp Out - rain date? Reply with quote

They did say if the weather is really bad, they will not set up, but because of logistics, it cannot be rescheduled.
concerned

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 4 2008, 8:23 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Cranbury Day & Camp Out - rain date? Reply with quote

Any word on whether the township will reschedule the camp out? Cranbury day is sponsored by Business Assoc. Wondering if the camp out can be rescheduled.
James

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 4 2008, 8:28 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Cranbury Day & Camp Out - rain date? Reply with quote

This news is disappointing. A lot of our local organizations rely on Cranbury Day to raise funds for their work and charity programs. If the day is cancelled and not postponed then these organizations will lose money that will be tough to replace.

I'd like to see the township step in and see if they could do an alternate day where main street could be closed and these organizations- fire, lions club etc... could raise their funds. If nothing else, it allows Cranbury residents to show support. and shows the town is supportive of these individuals and organizations. After all Main St. closed for Chef Ramsey and there was a good turnout. I can't imagine there'd be large cost to shutting down Main st so these organizations could do their fund raising.

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 5 2008, 7:16 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Cranbury Day & Camp Out - rain date? Reply with quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEWS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Announcement:

Because there have been several weather advisories issued for Saturday, the Boat Races will be held on Sunday, September 7, 2008 at 3:00 pm. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Cranbury Recreation Commission

Announcement:

Because there have been several weather advisories issued for Saturday, September 6, 2008, the Camp Out will be canceled. Unfortunately the event can not be rescheduled. Everyone that registered will be refunded. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Cranbury Recreation Commission
Cranbury Conservative

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 5 2008, 8:46 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Cranbury Day & Camp Out - rain date? Reply with quote

This e-mail was sent from the organizer's of the event...

Subject: Cranbury Day

As the path of this storm is so unpredictable we have decided to go on with Cranbury Day as planned. Use your judgment. If it is pouring, the event will not be happening, but if it is clearing - come on out!

Because of our reliance on Township services we could not change the date. And unfortunately we cannot provide refunds as there has been a lot of out of pocket expenses for promotion and rentals.

Just keep your fingers crossed and hopefully we'll see each other on Saturday.

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 5 2008, 12:04 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Cranbury Day & Camp Out - rain date? Reply with quote

I cant believe they are not cancelling it - 80 percent chance of rain - its going to rain - Who ever is in charge of Cranbury Day has done some poor planning - There should have been a back up plan - but they didnt think of that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> News | Events All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2