Candidates for Cranbury TC Debate Tomorrow October 14 at 8:00 PM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cranbury Conservative

PostPosted: Mon, Oct 13 2008, 8:25 am EDT    Post subject: Candidates for Cranbury TC Debate Tomorrow October 14 at 8:00 PM Reply with quote

Candidates for Cranbury Township Committee Debate Tomorrow Tuesday October 14 at 8:00 PM

Cranbury Township Committee Candidate Debate
8:00 PM
School Cafeteria

Residents are encouraged to come to the debate and ask the candidates questions concerning Cranbury’s future.

Last edited by Cranbury Conservative on Mon, Oct 13 2008, 9:33 am EDT; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Mon, Oct 13 2008, 8:29 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Candidates for Cranbury TC Debate Tomorrow October 13 at 8:00 PM Reply with quote

October 14?

PostPosted: Mon, Oct 13 2008, 9:11 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Candidates for Cranbury TC Debate Tomorrow October 13 at 8:00 PM Reply with quote

yes the 14th. CC mistyped. Today is the COAH meeting.
Cranbury Conservative

PostPosted: Mon, Oct 13 2008, 9:32 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Candidates for Cranbury TC Debate Tomorrow October 14 at 8:00 PM Reply with quote

Sorry I fixed it

PostPosted: Mon, Oct 13 2008, 11:35 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Candidates for Cranbury TC Debate Tomorrow October 14 at 8:00 PM Reply with quote

Who will be the moderator or is there one?

PostPosted: Mon, Oct 13 2008, 12:37 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Candidates for Cranbury TC Debate Tomorrow October 14 at 8:00 PM Reply with quote

Why wouldn't they have given space to promote this in advance in the Cranbury Press? It would seem like very few people would know about it, besides those here or specifically close to one of the two candidates who hear about it first hand.

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 14 2008, 10:10 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Candidates for Cranbury TC Debate Tomorrow October 14 at 8:00 PM Reply with quote

The Board of Health will recommend the TC to adopt a Cat Lincense ordinance.

I would like to ask the candidates whether they support such an ordinance or not.

Quote:
Cat Licenses – Mr. VanHise discussed with the Board issues related to the Cat Licensing Ordinance and amendments to the Animals Chapter of the Code, and recommended that the Board coordinate with the Township Committee regarding adopting such an Ordinance. Chairwoman Coyle will contact Pari Stave, the Township Committee Board of Health Liaison, regarding same.

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 14 2008, 12:31 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Candidates for Cranbury TC Debate Tomorrow October 14 at 8:00 PM Reply with quote

If they pass the lame cat license, I think I'm going to cease getting a dog license and will def not be getting a cat license. Further proof that TC has no clue.

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 14 2008, 12:42 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Candidates for Cranbury TC Debate Tomorrow October 14 at 8:00 PM Reply with quote

The cat licensing is a way Cranbury will get more of our money. It is a "cat tax" that is not helpful to our community or the surrounding farms.

For those of you who think "My cat stays indoors - so I just won't get a cat license. Who would know?"

By letting the proposed town ordinace to pass, it will allow the animal control agent to come around and knock at your door. If they know you have a cat. You will receive a fine for not licensing your cat.

What's next? A hamster license? Hmm . . . how about a fish lincense?
Meow

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 14 2008, 12:52 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Candidates for Cranbury TC Debate Tomorrow October 14 at 8:00 PM Reply with quote

My cat stay in my house or my fenced yard. She won't bother others. Also, some cat owners have more than one cat. Will there be a license required for each cat?

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 14 2008, 12:56 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Candidates for Cranbury TC Debate Tomorrow October 14 at 8:00 PM Reply with quote

Yes - every cat would need a license.

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 14 2008, 1:36 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Candidates for Cranbury TC Debate Tomorrow October 14 at 8:00 PM Reply with quote

Meow wrote:
My cat stay in my house or my fenced yard. She won't bother others. Also, some cat owners have more than one cat. Will there be a license required for each cat?

Yes, I too have an indoor/outdoor cat. We live near a large field with many mice, moles, and other animals roam freely. Our cat is a great hunter and keeps those animals from trying to enter our house and garage. Also, he is protective of his territory and I have not seen any other cats or dogs thru our property (however we do see skunks, raccoons, and ground hogs.)

Don't get me wrong, even though he is a hunter, he is very affectionate too. He love most people and runs away from ones that frighten him (especially my 2 year old niece). But, He even purrs for the Vet.

I don't have him wear a collar with ID tag because it creates too much noise when he is mouse catching and I worry about strangulation if he gets caught on something. We make sure he is up to date on all his shots and see no benefit in creating a cat licensing law.

No matter how you cut it and slice it. Cats are not the same as dogs. They may be domesticated but they are not even the same species.

1 - Cats are not pack animals (unlike dogs)
2 - Cats will only bite or scratch when provoked. It is not in their nature to attack.
3 - Historically cats roamed agricultural areas as a means of pest control

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 14 2008, 10:51 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Candidates for Cranbury TC Debate Tomorrow October 14 at 8:00 PM Reply with quote

How did the debate go tonight?
debate

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 14 2008, 11:00 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Candidates for Cranbury TC Debate Tomorrow October 14 at 8:00 PM Reply with quote

Well, just back from the debate.

Some observations.

Taxes- Both candidates want to reduce taxes and look at line item spending. Win raised the point of looking at professional services. Ritter looked at grants.

Working on TC- Win stated he wants to be independent on TC. Ritter stated the same point, but then when questioned further about where he differed was deflective.

Preservation- was raised and both candidates want to continue looking at preserving land.

Referendums- John actually changed his tune on this. To me it was blatant that he saw the importance and that he was saying it because he wanted it to be a non issue. Kind of like Stout with wants vs needs. Win said a million dollar threshold.

PNC -John rephrased his wording saying he doesn't agree on the purchase for a library. He did not say he opposed it for other uses. Win kept his stance that it wasn't appropriate.

Library- Ritter said he wanted to start now with looking at conributions and the wright south property. Win said it needs to be evaluated and may be appropriate down the line. However, costs are concern. He said we should work on a solution with members from the board, board of ed and principal sitting down to meet.

Ballfield. It was raised that there were zero kids and babe ruth would control use and the town responsible for costs. Ritter favors continued spending on the field and current use. When asked specifically about keeping it for town control perhaps making it a school field, he said he was opposed due to possible consolidation. The same point he used for upholding the West property decision. He also said he'd look at grants to further pay for costs. He admitted it is unfunded now. Win said we need to evaulate spending and if it continues we should look at keeping under town control.

David seemed annoyed at this issue being raised.

West Property- Win said he would have first worked with the school. Ritter said he believed it should all be preserved and not used for school use though the TC is apparently working on a solution.

Cranbury info. Ritter made it clear he reads the site by his attack on comments posted. He said he opposes it strongly. He was angry in his tone. Win said he supported the site and would use it to guage opinion on matters.

COAH they both said similar things that they'll work with legislators. Ritter admitted thanking Linda and supports her. Win was endorsed by Baroni and said he'd work with Baroni and Baroni has openly said he wants to work with Win.

Open meetings- Win supports reducing the number where appropriate. Ritter justified the current method of operation. Saying it only seems that way due to COAH and litigation. However, there are COAH aspects that didn't have to be closed as Win said.

Crowd- in my opinion it was heavily Democrat. The three democrats sat in a group with one woman wearing an Obama button. So it was pretty easy to see the clear Dems. On the other side were a group that I am not sure of. In the back it appeared some republicans, but small in number.

Winning Debator- They both were friendly and engaging. They did an excellent job in relating to the audience. I have to say Win only because he raised more solutions, but it was pretty fair overall.
debate

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 14 2008, 11:02 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Candidates for Cranbury TC Debate Tomorrow October 14 at 8:00 PM Reply with quote

debate wrote:

Open meetings- Win supports reducing the number where appropriate. Ritter justified the current method of operation. Saying it only seems that way due to COAH and litigation. However, there are COAH aspects that didn't have to be closed as Win said.

Sorry, Win supports reducing the number of closed meetings. He wants more open meetings.

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 14 2008, 11:18 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Candidates for Cranbury TC Debate Tomorrow October 14 at 8:00 PM Reply with quote

Thanks for the info.

Quote:

David seemed annoyed at this issue being raised.

That just shows it's his pet project.

Quote:

Cranbury info. Ritter made it clear he reads the site by his attack on comments posted. He said he opposes it strongly. He was angry in his tone. Win said he supported the site and would use it to guage opinion on matters.

No wonder he is angry.

I found that this site has Obama supporters; he should ask his supporters to defend him here.

Quote:

Crowd- in my opinion it was heavily Democrat. The three democrats sat in a group with one woman wearing an Obama button. So it was pretty easy to see the clear Dems. On the other side were a group that I am not sure of. In the back it appeared some republicans, but small in number.

Where are the Win supporters?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> News | Events All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3