Is anyone else not that enthused by the Blue Rooster?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> Radom Thoughts | Sports | Kitchen Sink
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anon23

PostPosted: Wed, Dec 10 2008, 4:31 pm EST    Post subject: Is anyone else not that enthused by the Blue Rooster? Reply with quote

So far, I've found the service very lacking, the portions small, and the prices high. I can't see what everyone's so excited about.

PostPosted: Wed, Dec 10 2008, 5:17 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Is anyone else not that enthused by the Blue Rooster? Reply with quote

Do you eat out often? I found their prices in line with the Diners and their food much much better. I like the decor and the staff is friendly.

We need more businesses not bashing.

PostPosted: Wed, Dec 10 2008, 6:47 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Is anyone else not that enthused by the Blue Rooster? Reply with quote

Constructive feedback builds a better business...

I personally enjoy going in for a cup of coffee and a snack. I have not had lunch there.

PostPosted: Wed, Dec 10 2008, 7:47 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Is anyone else not that enthused by the Blue Rooster? Reply with quote

Do you think comments like the first one constructive? To me I found it to be rather rough.

I too think the portions could be larger, but I like that they are all natural. The cost is okay considering the ingredients are more expensive. They use real maple syrup which I like.

I wish they'd change their menu a bit and offer bagles on the weekend. But, that's not their thing...wish it was.

PostPosted: Wed, Dec 10 2008, 8:15 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Is anyone else not that enthused by the Blue Rooster? Reply with quote

This just shows different people have different opinions. A business no mater how good it is cannot please all customers. But if the majority of the visitors there like the food and services, then it will be a successful business. The true test is time.

PostPosted: Thu, Dec 11 2008, 1:28 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Is anyone else not that enthused by the Blue Rooster? Reply with quote

Their prices have increased since they opened. It cost me $26 for breakfast last week. The food is good but not worth the cost.

PostPosted: Thu, Dec 11 2008, 1:30 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Is anyone else not that enthused by the Blue Rooster? Reply with quote

That was for two people.

PostPosted: Thu, Dec 11 2008, 1:49 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Is anyone else not that enthused by the Blue Rooster? Reply with quote

How much do you want to spend? 2 people, OJ or coffee and a meal 13.00? I pay 8.50 at McDonalds for one meal. A few dollars more and healthy to me sounds like a prettty good deal.

PostPosted: Thu, Dec 11 2008, 2:18 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Is anyone else not that enthused by the Blue Rooster? Reply with quote

I love the Blue Rooster! Many people eat too much anyway, so I think their portions are an appropriate size and in line with a healthy diet. I always leave full after having a half sandwich and cup of soup. The pork sandwich with cheese was amazing. (ok - maybe not the healthiest thing on the menu Smile )

Breakfast is a little pricey, especially if you order fresh fruit. But their breads, danish etc prices are in line. The quality of the ingredients does matter, and you get what you pay for. I'll pay a little extra for quality. The cheesecake is scrumptious.

They could use a little extra help at the take-out counter during the after-school rush.

I love the "feel" of the place and wish the Finigans success.

PostPosted: Thu, Dec 11 2008, 2:33 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Is anyone else not that enthused by the Blue Rooster? Reply with quote

My mother loves the BR. Very Happy She just hates going. The stairs are tough on an eighty year old. Hopefully they will get a second entrance.
Cranbury Conservative

PostPosted: Thu, Dec 11 2008, 2:41 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Is anyone else not that enthused by the Blue Rooster? Reply with quote

The Blue Rooster is a keeper in fact I bet if they stayed open later on Friday and Saturday nights they could pick up some nice dinner business by simply offering their lunch menu during those evenings.

PostPosted: Thu, Dec 11 2008, 3:21 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Is anyone else not that enthused by the Blue Rooster? Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
How much do you want to spend? 2 people, OJ or coffee and a meal 13.00? I pay 8.50 at McDonalds for one meal. A few dollars more and healthy to me sounds like a prettty good deal.

Wow, I dodn't know what you're buying at McDonald's but we can feed a family of 5 for $16. I've done breakfast there for $2.50.

PostPosted: Thu, Dec 11 2008, 3:47 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Is anyone else not that enthused by the Blue Rooster? Reply with quote

If you get the breakfast meal, medium/large OJ and coffee that's the price. Yes, if you buy a coffee and hashbrown you can go cheap. The point is for a meal, the BR isn't much more and offers better food.

PostPosted: Thu, Dec 11 2008, 6:06 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Is anyone else not that enthused by the Blue Rooster? Reply with quote

Comparing the Blue Rooster to McDonalds? I would hope you could come up with a better example then that. The Blue Rooster has its own niche with a high price point. For those willing to spend the money it can't be beat for convenience. Unfortunately, it appeals to a limited population unless you are going there just to fill your coffee cup. It seems busy all the time so the owners can't be complaining. The prices have gone up but people don't seem to mind.

PostPosted: Thu, Dec 11 2008, 6:41 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Is anyone else not that enthused by the Blue Rooster? Reply with quote

What my illus was trying to show was that it's a few dollars more for a better quality product not the restaurants. People were saying 13.00 for a meal was expensive. It's all relative. If you eat at a rt 130 diner it's the same cost, but better ingredients (smaller portions). If you eat at McDonalds it is more expensive by a few dollars a meal.

We're not talking major differences. I paid 65 dollars for a 2 people plus another one who had coffee at a breakfast in NY a few weeks ago. That's expensive. The BR is in line with the area.

PostPosted: Thu, Dec 11 2008, 11:37 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Is anyone else not that enthused by the Blue Rooster? Reply with quote

Guest wrote:

I do not know what you are eating at mcdonalds but i get a meal with a drink and coffee and have NEVER paid that much...... no offense but you are getting ripped off..... lol

and breakfast for $26 is expensive for 2 people.... teddys is even cheaper than that
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> Radom Thoughts | Sports | Kitchen Sink All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2