New hotel on Route 130?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> Shopping | Good Deals | Price Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat, Jun 6 2009, 8:51 am EDT    Post subject: Re: New hotel on Route 130? Reply with quote

There has been a K-8 since the 1800's. I am not sure what that negative posting is saying to be honest. I have friends in Monroe (building a new HS because of growth), Robbinsville (built a new HS because of growth), WW (2 HS's because of growth when 25 years ago or so there was not even 1 and they sent to Princeton). All of them complain that the taxes are outragous that the residential growth has destroyed the community and say whenever taxes come up to be thankful I am in Cranbury.

PostPosted: Sat, Jun 6 2009, 9:53 am EDT    Post subject: Re: New hotel on Route 130? Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
There has been a K-8 since the 1800's. I am not sure what that negative posting is saying to be honest. I have friends in Monroe (building a new HS because of growth), Robbinsville (built a new HS because of growth), WW (2 HS's because of growth when 25 years ago or so there was not even 1 and they sent to Princeton). All of them complain that the taxes are outragous that the residential growth has destroyed the community and say whenever taxes come up to be thankful I am in Cranbury.

WWPHS opened in 1973, I am not sure how residential growth destroys a community, when it only enhances services, athletic teams, recreational opportunities, NONE which come with warehouse EXPLOSION, considering WWPHS (both) rank higher than Princeton HS, residential growth hasn't done too much harm in that department. Look at Millburn HS (#1 in NJ) and I think you would consider that area to be "high density" residential development~Guess what, they have a thriving down town and NO warehouses?? Can you imagine that is possible? What is going to happen when Princeton HS can no longer accept students from Cranbury? It is completely narrowed minded to build a large amount of warehouses, and create a large amount of jobs, but you dont want the people who work in the warehouses to live in your community? COAH will come to roost and the "smart" development will not seem so smart, and the bigger cost is quality of life with warehouse truck traffic barreling all around. Too much NIMBYism and shortsightedness going on around here, its really a shame.

PostPosted: Sat, Jun 6 2009, 12:53 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: New hotel on Route 130? Reply with quote

The idea that the warehouses bring create lots of jobs is a myth. The guy who runs Home Depot's 5 million sq ft. even came to one of the COAH meetings to point this out and demonstrate that most of it was automated and had less than 1/26th the jobs the COAH rules automatically attributed to him.

PostPosted: Sat, Jun 6 2009, 1:14 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: New hotel on Route 130? Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

WWPHS opened in 1973, I am not sure how residential growth destroys a community, when it only enhances services, athletic teams, recreational opportunities, NONE which come with warehouse EXPLOSION, considering WWPHS (both) rank higher than Princeton HS, residential growth hasn't done too much harm in that department. Look at Millburn HS (#1 in NJ) and I think you would consider that area to be "high density" residential development~Guess what, they have a thriving down town and NO warehouses?? Can you imagine that is possible? What is going to happen when Princeton HS can no longer accept students from Cranbury? It is completely narrowed minded to build a large amount of warehouses, and create a large amount of jobs, but you dont want the people who work in the warehouses to live in your community? COAH will come to roost and the "smart" development will not seem so smart, and the bigger cost is quality of life with warehouse truck traffic barreling all around. Too much NIMBYism and shortsightedness going on around here, its really a shame.

When you have residential growth you bring in families. Families more than businesses create obligations- traffic, schools, infastructure. The school population increases and as a result staffing, building, etc... There is no arguing with you because you fail to see the implication of school taxes. WW and Robbinsville are prime examples of taxes increasing as a direct result. NIMBY is complaining that Cranbury built warehouses bordering your community. The warehouses as the other poster stated do not employ close to the amount of jobs. Feel free to complain, but please do so knowing facts and not being upset over Cranbury's district bordering your town. They had to go somewhere and Cranbury should not have any obligation to worry about other towns. That is unless you want to pay us the same amount for not zoning the land for warehouses.

PostPosted: Sat, Jun 6 2009, 1:16 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: New hotel on Route 130? Reply with quote

Guest wrote:

considering WWPHS (both) rank higher than Princeton HS, residential growth hasn't done too much harm in that department.

In what area does WW rank higher because all the reports I see published have Princeton higher. Please show me the reports and link.
Jersey Dad

PostPosted: Sat, Jun 6 2009, 2:50 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: New hotel on Route 130? Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
I do disagree with the hotel only in such that the plan is out of scale for the area. I would not mind a 3 story approach similar to the Courtyard by the turnpike.

This Guest is correct. Hotels are permitted in Highway Commercial Zones according to the Township Code. However, maximum height is restricted to 35 feet.

IMO, it is illogical to argue against zoning applications that are specifically permitted in the township code. It is also illogical to argue that residents should anticipate, and immediately abdicate to, all requests for zoning variances. Some variances make sense, others raise legitimate concerns from neighbors.

JD

PS- A lot of really smart, hard-working people have dedicated their time to creating the township code as a way of protecting the town from radical change. However, it is an evolving document, so if you do like it, you can work to have it changed.

PostPosted: Sat, Jun 6 2009, 3:40 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: New hotel on Route 130? Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

considering WWPHS (both) rank higher than Princeton HS, residential growth hasn't done too much harm in that department.

In what area does WW rank higher because all the reports I see published have Princeton higher. Please show me the reports and link.

There is one particular ranking done I think by new Jersey magazine that ranked WWP North #1 a couple years ago I think. But you are correct, most of the nationally recognized rankings put Princeton well ahead of WWP, though frankly when you are dealing with these lists pretty much any school that makes it is great and the exact ranking gets highly subjective between them...

PostPosted: Sat, Jun 6 2009, 11:49 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: New hotel on Route 130? Reply with quote

Hey Guest from WW stop posting your unsubstantiated and biased drivel here, cant the BBS admin delete his threads as its a waste of text and unrelated to this topic.

Tip, you can also ban his IP address if his garbage continues.
Guest2

PostPosted: Sun, Jun 7 2009, 7:11 am EDT    Post subject: Re: New hotel on Route 130? Reply with quote

That is a terrible idea to ban someone's IP address because you dont like their ideas. That is censorship.
Guest3

PostPosted: Sun, Jun 7 2009, 11:45 am EDT    Post subject: Re: New hotel on Route 130? Reply with quote

Perhaps the Cranbury Library should look at that spot and build from scratch rather than the exhorbidant costs for restoration of the PNC bank. There would be ample parking and easy access.

PostPosted: Sun, Jun 7 2009, 12:50 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: New hotel on Route 130? Reply with quote

The town already owns land designated for a library. Acquiring the PNC property only adds to the building costs same with acquiring property on 130.
Elmo

PostPosted: Sun, Jun 7 2009, 8:43 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: New hotel on Route 130? Reply with quote

Yes, but a library with a liquor store inside would definately promote a greater love for reading.
Guest 2

PostPosted: Mon, Jun 8 2009, 9:18 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: New hotel on Route 130? Reply with quote

Elmo, I like your thinking!

PostPosted: Mon, Jun 8 2009, 9:36 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: New hotel on Route 130? Reply with quote

How about a coffee shop inside the library for us who don't drink alcohol? Wink
publius

PostPosted: Fri, Jun 12 2009, 12:38 am EDT    Post subject: Re: New hotel on Route 130? Reply with quote

Elmo wrote:
Yes, but a library with a liquor store inside would definately promote a greater love for reading.

candy is dandy, but, liquor is quicker.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> Shopping | Good Deals | Price Talk All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2