Main Street Parking
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> Shopping | Good Deals | Price Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
quest

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 25 2009, 6:54 pm EST    Post subject: Main Street Parking Reply with quote

Why are some people allowed to cone off parking spots. I have leaves in front of my house too but I don't place cones around them and ask who knows how many people a day to park elsewhere.
quest

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 25 2009, 7:08 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Main Street Parking Reply with quote

And the township wants to see about moving the mailbox!

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 25 2009, 10:02 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Main Street Parking Reply with quote

I don't think anyone should be able to cone off parking spots on Main St except for the funeral home during viewing/service hours.

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 25 2009, 10:27 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Main Street Parking Reply with quote

I thought there was no parking problem in town.

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 25 2009, 10:30 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Main Street Parking Reply with quote

There wouldn't be if the Planning Board did its job!
Quest

PostPosted: Thu, Nov 26 2009, 6:34 am EST    Post subject: Re: Main Street Parking Reply with quote

WE have a Planning Board ? Good job!
Quest

PostPosted: Thu, Nov 26 2009, 10:45 am EST    Post subject: Re: Main Street Parking Reply with quote

Depending on who you our there is no parking problem on Main st. You just park numerous business trucks and cone off spots and make everyone else walk so you don't have too. Maybe if we hired more police we could enforce the no parking sorry forgot that would put them under a quota not good. What a great job you can't be made to produce anything.

PostPosted: Thu, Nov 26 2009, 8:45 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Main Street Parking Reply with quote

Unless the cones have an official police permit, just ignore them. The owners have no legal authority to enforce them without a permit or if the police are not present. They are just counting on people to presume they are legit.

But is this really a systemic problem versus something that happened a couple times and the poster is blowing it out of proportion? I walk along Main Street every day and and driving back and forth throughout the day and I have almost never seen spaces coned off.
guest5

PostPosted: Thu, Nov 26 2009, 10:51 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Main Street Parking Reply with quote

I say run over the cones if the person has no legal right to block the parking space. I don't know whether this is a "systemic problem" or not, but I can see how it would be annoying, especially in the afternoon when it is hard to find a parking place.

PostPosted: Thu, Nov 26 2009, 11:17 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Main Street Parking Reply with quote

guest5 wrote:
I say run over the cones if the person has no legal right to block the parking space. I don't know whether this is a "systemic problem" or not, but I can see how it would be annoying, especially in the afternoon when it is hard to find a parking place.

yes and when your neighbor comes out to explain his aged grandmother needs to get out of the car in front of his home, punch him in the teeth for being so inconsiderate and then park on his lawn.

PostPosted: Fri, Nov 27 2009, 12:23 am EST    Post subject: Re: Main Street Parking Reply with quote

Where are these cones and business trucks?
Is it illegal to park commercial trucks on the street?
I do not see this problem at all !!!!
quest

PostPosted: Fri, Nov 27 2009, 7:38 am EST    Post subject: Re: Main Street Parking Reply with quote

So you are the one! Everytime you want to go to the Post Office about ten parking spaces magically open up. I saw the cones just the other day looked like all they were doing was blocking leaves. I don't think Mrs Santa lives there and is unable to walk. I don't go downtown offen but would have to say parking is a problem or maybe you could let me know when you are going a I could have one of your magical spot!

PostPosted: Fri, Nov 27 2009, 1:14 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Main Street Parking Reply with quote

The only time I see cones is when there is a funeral in town and that has been the case for years. I live down town and don't recall ever seeing a home not near Coles have cones outside.
Quest

PostPosted: Fri, Nov 27 2009, 6:23 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Main Street Parking Reply with quote

I think the cones the post is talking about is a business near Gil&Bert's. I saw them last week for a few days and this is not the first time I have seen them. There were 4 or 5 cones pretty hard to miss especially if you are looking for a place to park!

PostPosted: Sat, Nov 28 2009, 4:11 am EST    Post subject: Re: Main Street Parking Reply with quote

Oh My Gosh ! Cones on Main Street, What is this town coming to?

Don't you have anything better to do with your time?
Maybe buy a present for a loved one, play with your kids, stop being so negative and enjoy life.

PostPosted: Sat, Nov 28 2009, 8:32 am EST    Post subject: Re: Main Street Parking Reply with quote

I still don't see the big deal. If the people live there maybe they don't have a driveway. There are parking lots north of bunker hill that are never occupied. The lot behind Teddy's almost always has space. By the Museum is almost always empty. If someone has cones blocking off a space, then okay move on. You likely can't park directly in front of the business, but move on to another space. This is not like the mall at Christmas. You just have to walk a bit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> Shopping | Good Deals | Price Talk All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5