Town Hall clock and nearby road condition
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> Radom Thoughts | Sports | Kitchen Sink
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed, Dec 9 2009, 5:53 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Town Hall clock and nearby road condition Reply with quote

Sorry, I actually don't think the traffic problem is any worse than it was in the past. In fact, I believe it is better. On the south side of town there were occasions when traffic would back up to Cranbury Neck Road. I have not seen that in a number of years. There really only seems to be a problem for about 15 minutes in the morning.

It does bother me that for those 15 minutes it would be difficult to get emergency vehicles into the school. Unfortunately, putting in a second entrance would cost the town millions of dollars that we don't have and the nimby factor is huge. Every possible solution (Park Place or the access road on the West property, or an extension of Wheatfield road) was roundly criticized by the impacted neighborhoods.

PostPosted: Wed, Dec 9 2009, 5:59 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Town Hall clock and nearby road condition Reply with quote

In case of an emergency a fire truck/ambulance could go down the road that leads to the soccer fields (the gravel road behind the school.) The kids could be let out the school that way if needed. Everything doesn't have to go down Schoolhouse lane in case of emergency.

PostPosted: Wed, Dec 9 2009, 6:02 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Town Hall clock and nearby road condition Reply with quote

How about this. No more debate. No more sarcasm. No more silliness. Just fix it. Thank you.

PostPosted: Wed, Dec 9 2009, 6:20 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Town Hall clock and nearby road condition Reply with quote

"In case of an emergency a fire truck/ambulance could go down the road that leads to the soccer fields (the gravel road behind the school.) The kids could be let out the school that way if needed. Everything doesn't have to go down Schoolhouse lane in case of emergency.
Quote:
"

Unfortunatelly Fire Trucks and ambulances do not do well on gravel and mud roads. A second entrance and exit needs to be established.

PostPosted: Wed, Dec 9 2009, 6:23 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Town Hall clock and nearby road condition Reply with quote

i can see why this never gets solved.I agree with the posts that say ask the cops that are out there every day, year in and year out if there is a problem.

PostPosted: Wed, Dec 9 2009, 7:24 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Town Hall clock and nearby road condition Reply with quote

I am not sure if the question is asking the officers for ideas or if they are saying they are there because of an issue. If it is the later, that is wrong because the police would be out there even if there were 2-3 exits. They are not out there because of an issue now or then. Chief Logan used to be there when that was the only place you could cross the street and have a guard on duty. The reason being that we need a police officer on duty at the primary locations exiting the school. However, if your saying ask them for ideas, that is good. But that leads to the second problem.

Fixing it could cost the town 2 plus million dollars. Plus Main St. is a county road and the exit would impact that so we're talking years of approvals. So between time and money we can't simply "just fix it". The dam has to be repaired and that could cost us in the millions. The county has required the town to do that and there is no choice.

In terms of the past, the historical society was not alone, but a lot of people including parents who wanted the second entrance/exit felt that the entrance should be school lane. Many parents at the time and residents felt this way. The problem is that the traffic routing for a second way in is only feasible from Park Place. In on Park Place, out on School lane. If you enter on School lane and exit on Park Place the traffic flow would have kids exiting from the cars and having to cross in front of the drop off traffic.

Fire Trucks and Ambulances can use gravel roads and do so all the time in many industrial park areas where secondary access is required.

PostPosted: Wed, Dec 9 2009, 8:59 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Town Hall clock and nearby road condition Reply with quote

Ask the cops who are out there everyday if they feel the intersection is safe. I dont think there is anyone on this board including myself who is as intimatelly familiar with that intersection during school crossing as the officers who stand out there and try to control it. Many of them have been doing it for years.

As for ambulances and fire trucks using gravel roads that is true however that access road does not provide adequate access. Do you know quickly that appartus would become bogged in mud?Especially if hose lines are stretched across it.

It is an expensive proposition that should have done years ago. It should not be ignored now. Other projects such as the baseball field and expansion of the library should be put on the shelf to address this.
publius

PostPosted: Thu, Dec 10 2009, 1:04 am EST    Post subject: Re: Town Hall clock and nearby road condition Reply with quote

ummmm..........we do have a road already in place.
Behind the school is a gravely road which would be perfect for school buses to use to drop off and pick up kids. They could drive right into the courtyard (blacktop area) drop them off, turn around and head back out again. The buses come in and out like a caravan anyway. They are almost always travelling together. Maybe, the road would need a bit of widening. Just take down the wooden fence and move it a bit to the North. On the corner of Bunker Hill and Prospect Pl. there could be an access road. Thats how you got to the greenhouses that were there. I agree. If that dopey baseball field were not put in, we could've used that money for some roadwork.

PostPosted: Thu, Dec 10 2009, 8:38 am EST    Post subject: Re: Town Hall clock and nearby road condition Reply with quote

Everyone who has lived in this town for years knows that this is an ongoing problem. They have never fixed this and I highly doubt that they are going to fix it anytime soon either. This posting is just a waste of time!!! If you people feel it is so unsafe then I suggest taking your children out of the school and send them somwhere else. There is always a solution to a problem, instead of sitting behind your computers complaining!!!

PostPosted: Thu, Dec 10 2009, 8:56 am EST    Post subject: Re: Town Hall clock and nearby road condition Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
Everyone who has lived in this town for years knows that this is an ongoing problem. They have never fixed this and I highly doubt that they are going to fix it anytime soon either. This posting is just a waste of time!!! If you people feel it is so unsafe then I suggest taking your children out of the school and send them somwhere else. There is always a solution to a problem, instead of sitting behind your computers complaining!!!

I assume "they" are the TC. "They" were prepared to fix the problem "we" objected to their fix and couldn't come up with a solution that could be agreed upon.

It is extraordinarily easy to place blame on TC. However, the decision not to act in this case was all "ours" not "theirs".

PostPosted: Thu, Dec 10 2009, 9:23 am EST    Post subject: Re: Town Hall clock and nearby road condition Reply with quote

Guest wrote:

Right, by your logic, people should just leave this country if they don't like the government here.

The residents of this town have every right to demand a solution to an ongoing problem. If the people in charge (remember who empower them to be in charge) ignore the demand, there will be consequence when the election time comes.

This public forum is for exchanging ideas of solving the problem. Hopefully the people in charge will read and understand the problem.

PostPosted: Thu, Dec 10 2009, 9:24 am EST    Post subject: Re: Town Hall clock and nearby road condition Reply with quote

The school has always needed a second entrance, and it always will. My vote goes to Park Place. Schoolhouse Lane is a bottleneck in the morning, that's a fact, potentially dangerous, not only because of traffic, but have you noticed that buses look like they're going to fall over as they turn the corner? (because of the dip in the road) an emergency vehicle couldn't get through in the morning either. It seems that traffic flow going "in" to the school parking lot can easily be rerouted (remove the tree island) go "in" on Schoolhouse Lane right in front of the old gym doors (now on your left) or further down to the annex, drop kids off, then go out to the right, across the field thru Park Place. Schoolhouse can still be a two-way street, but you'd have to cross back across incoming traffic, and probably shouldn't be allowed during drop-off time. I always thought the ballfield was in the wrong spot anyway, but now I think the ballfield should just go away. The fences can be taken down and reused/recycled somewhere else, possibly the middle ballfield in Village Park. Use that money towards the new access road. I don't believe it costs over 2 million dollars....

PostPosted: Thu, Dec 10 2009, 10:15 am EST    Post subject: Re: Town Hall clock and nearby road condition Reply with quote

Either way - even if you put another road into the school - the traffic is still going to be backed up on main st... so now you are going to have 2 ways in and out which are still backed up... and it will still be dangerous!! The emergency vehicles CAN use other ways of getting in IF they needed too....

PostPosted: Thu, Dec 10 2009, 10:32 am EST    Post subject: Re: Town Hall clock and nearby road condition Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
Either way - even if you put another road into the school - the traffic is still going to be backed up on main st... so now you are going to have 2 ways in and out which are still backed up... and it will still be dangerous!! The emergency vehicles CAN use other ways of getting in IF they needed too....

Once there are two exits, then other options can be put in place to avoid traffic backup (e.g., enforcing exiting traffic to go by one exit during certain time of day).

With only one exit, we don't have this option.

PostPosted: Thu, Dec 10 2009, 12:01 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Town Hall clock and nearby road condition Reply with quote

This is a bit off topic, but related:

Have you wondered why buildings have Emergency Exits (alarm will sound if used) that are never used during non-emergency situations?

PostPosted: Thu, Dec 10 2009, 3:42 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Town Hall clock and nearby road condition Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Right, by your logic, people should just leave this country if they don't like the government here.

The residents of this town have every right to demand a solution to an ongoing problem. If the people in charge (remember who empower them to be in charge) ignore the demand, there will be consequence when the election time comes.

This public forum is for exchanging ideas of solving the problem. Hopefully the people in charge will read and understand the problem.

Let's review the facts. The TC solved the ongoing problem. "The People" rejected it mainly for aesthetic considerations. Whose fault is it? Moreover, there was a consequence, the Republicans lost control of the TC.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> Radom Thoughts | Sports | Kitchen Sink All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5