For Blue Rooster lovers and haters
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> Radom Thoughts | Sports | Kitchen Sink
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue, Aug 31 2010, 5:07 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: For Blue Rooster lovers and haters Reply with quote

Are they redoing the front? It looks awful.

PostPosted: Tue, Aug 31 2010, 6:09 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: For Blue Rooster lovers and haters Reply with quote

Love it. It gets better each time that I visit.

PostPosted: Tue, Aug 31 2010, 7:14 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: For Blue Rooster lovers and haters Reply with quote

I find the menu very limited and way over priced.

PostPosted: Tue, Aug 31 2010, 8:51 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: For Blue Rooster lovers and haters Reply with quote

Guest wrote:

I agree. There is too much junk out front, you can't even tell it's a restaurant.
POTtery BARn

PostPosted: Tue, Aug 31 2010, 9:25 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: For Blue Rooster lovers and haters Reply with quote

Guest wrote:

They're building a 40 foot tall monument to Obama out of ivy, pottery, recycling and compost products. When they're finished, people will come from miles around and say "what the heck is that?". Sadly, most of them will park on Scott Ave.

PostPosted: Tue, Aug 31 2010, 10:24 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: For Blue Rooster lovers and haters Reply with quote

Is it just me or is the owner just not a very nice person?

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 1 2010, 10:48 am EDT    Post subject: Re: For Blue Rooster lovers and haters Reply with quote

Guest wrote:

Trust me...it's not just you. I know several people (including myself) who refuse to go back because of her. She has such a condescending and patronizing attitude. And she will never EVER admit she is wrong or made a mistake. I'm sure it's a stressful business, but maybe she should hire someone else to run the front.

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 1 2010, 11:20 am EDT    Post subject: Re: For Blue Rooster lovers and haters Reply with quote

Stressful or not, in business you have to get along with others. Its the former staff that have the most insight into her, and from what I hear its not good. Stay on the sidelines and let others do their job.

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 1 2010, 12:46 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: For Blue Rooster lovers and haters Reply with quote

Guest wrote:

The owner is not a nice person at all - has anyone ever seen her smile?? I used to manage a bakery and yes, its stressful - but i always had a smile on my face and respected my customers.

She is not a nice lady at all!!!
Guest4aday

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 1 2010, 5:32 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: For Blue Rooster lovers and haters Reply with quote

I often enjoy the Blue Rooster. I enjoy the food and the ambiance. If Karen is there, she always stops to say hello.

You folks making unkind comments just hide behind your Guest labels and feel free to make petty hurtful statements that you would never in person.

Please, kindness makes Cranbury and the World a better place for each of us.

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 1 2010, 5:57 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: For Blue Rooster lovers and haters Reply with quote

Guest4aday wrote:
I often enjoy the Blue Rooster. I enjoy the food and the ambiance. If Karen is there, she always stops to say hello.

You folks making unkind comments just hide behind your Guest labels and feel free to make petty hurtful statements that you would never in person.

Umm then tell Karen to show some and smile... then we wouldnt have a problem would we?

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 1 2010, 9:00 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: For Blue Rooster lovers and haters Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
Guest4aday wrote:

Umm then tell Karen to show some and smile... then we wouldnt have a problem would we?

Tell her not to be so nasty and then I will like her.

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 2 2010, 9:04 am EDT    Post subject: Re: For Blue Rooster lovers and haters Reply with quote

Guest4aday wrote:

When dealing with a business, I choose to act with my feet. It isn't my job to tell business owners how they should treat customers. If he/she doesn't know, then maybe they shouldn't be in business or they should have someone else dealing with customers. That's clearly the case at Blue Rooster. Unfortunately, I don't see her giving someone else that position and it could very well be her downfall.

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 2 2010, 9:15 am EDT    Post subject: Re: For Blue Rooster lovers and haters Reply with quote

I am glad to hear it is not just me who feels this way about Karen. The first time we walked in there when it opened we said "hi" to her and she didnt say a word - but looked at us up and down and continued talking to her husband. Needless to say we looked at the menu and then walked out. It felt very akward being in there.

Now any of the other eating establishments in Cranbury - you walk into and get a nice greeting and feel very welcome!

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 2 2010, 10:15 am EDT    Post subject: Re: For Blue Rooster lovers and haters Reply with quote

Guest wrote:

Now any of the other eating establishments in Cranbury - you walk into and get a nice greeting and feel very welcome!

Has anyone tried the new Cranberries? I'm pretty sure they used to be in Monroe by the tracks but were moving to Dey Road near the Constitution Bank. There is a sign that says opening Aug 30.

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 2 2010, 10:20 am EDT    Post subject: Re: For Blue Rooster lovers and haters Reply with quote

Personally, while I do actually love the food and the lattes at The Blue Rooster, I feel exactly the same way about the owner. Even when she's being polite, she's really not. Her pleasantries, if you could call them that, are extremely disingenuous. Yes, she will stop at your table, say hello and ask how everything is, and yet she'll somehow manage to make you feel as though she'd rather be having a root canal than to be stuck making small talk with you.

I'm not cheap, I don't mind paying a premium for an above average breakfast. But I will not put up with being treated as though I am a nuisance for spending my money at an establishment, and so I avoid the Blue Rooster at all costs. I can be treated just as rudely at Dunkin Donuts and pay 1/3 of the price for my trouble.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> Radom Thoughts | Sports | Kitchen Sink All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5