For Blue Rooster lovers and haters
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> Radom Thoughts | Sports | Kitchen Sink
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OldScone

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 2 2010, 10:47 am EDT    Post subject: Re: For Blue Rooster lovers and haters Reply with quote

While some of the comments in this thread have been a bit nasty, I believe the owners of Blue Rooster would be wise to not only read them, but act on them.

I think the problem is the Blue Rooster owner is in the people business and she's just not a people person. Running a shop like that (or any shop, frankly) is really not about putting the right goods on the shelf or putting the right hue of paint on the steps. It's all about giving your customers a great experience. To me, Blue Rooster's owner always seems more focused on trying to make the shop cute and perfect than she is on making the customers happy. It also seems quite apparent that the bakery has become her life, and the rigors of running a new enterprise are exhausting her. The fact that she doesn't empower her staff at all compounds the situation; they seem to need to ask her opinion before they do anything.

I agree with a previous poster that the owner should consider hiring a people-centered manager to help run the shop. If given enough autonomy, that person could probably make a big difference in customer relations in pretty quick order. While such a move would represent a pretty large expense for the shop -- as well as a major change of plans for the hands-on owner -- it may be the shop's best, if not only, chance to transform itself from a shaky new business to a true downtown destination. And, frankly, Cranbury would be well-served if that happened.

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 2 2010, 1:18 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: For Blue Rooster lovers and haters Reply with quote

ok, I also thought it was just me that she was not peasant too. My husband and I went there once - the food is great but Karen's personality and the way she looked "down" on us made our time there very uncomfortable. I dont mind spending money on good food but when someone treats you like crap - thats a whole other story!

And maybe after she reads these boards she can have insight on what people are saying and change. If there is no change, I doubt she will make it.

A lot of the othe "moms" in town feel the same way and this is a daily discussion during the school year.

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 2 2010, 1:41 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: For Blue Rooster lovers and haters Reply with quote

Guest wrote:

A lot of the othe "moms" in town feel the same way and this is a daily discussion during the school year.

Can I assume that this comment has something to do with her obvious disdain for the presence of children in her establishment?

I met a friend for breakfast one day with our children and Karen was clearly very put off by the fact that we had the nerve to bring rugrats into her restaurant. Nevermind that 1) the kids were very well behaved and 2) the place was dead empty except for us so even if they had been loud or disruptive it's not like it would have ruined anyone else's meal. I won't go back because of her attitude towards us, with or without my daughter.

If she doesn't like kids that's fine and it's her business, but that doesn't mean I have to spend my money at a place where I've been made to feel extremely unwelcome. Which is a shame, because those scrambled eggs are pretty amazing and worth every penny, otherwise.

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 2 2010, 2:16 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: For Blue Rooster lovers and haters Reply with quote

I have gone to BR with my children several times and Karen has been nothing but pleasant and nice to both my children and I.

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 2 2010, 2:19 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: For Blue Rooster lovers and haters Reply with quote

So...okay. I was one of the posters upthread who mentioned liking the food but not liking the way I was treated by the owner. And oddly enough, reading through all these responses makes me think that maybe I should end my BR boycott. I stopped going in there because like many others who have chimed in, I honestly thought that maybe Karen had a problem with me, specifically. Despite the fact that I went in pretty regularly she always seemed to regard me with thinly veiled contempt and I started to think that maybe she just didn't like me. Who wants to help support the business of a person who can't even pretend to be pleasant, right. But now I actually feel better knowing that it's nothing personal. If she doesn't want to be pleasant, that's fine...here's my money, give me my coffee. I won't smile at you either.

Seriously though. If anyone here knows or is friends with the woman, they might want to steer her in the direction of this thread. Maybe she has some sort of personality disorder and doesn't even know that she's coming off so horribly. Or she just doesn't care, who knows. <shrugs>

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 2 2010, 2:24 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: For Blue Rooster lovers and haters Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
I have gone to BR with my children several times and Karen has been nothing but pleasant and nice to both my children and I.

Well congratulations, because if the responses in this thread are any indication, you're one of about 6 people in the whole town that she's ever been pleasant towards. You must be really special and/or important.

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 2 2010, 2:26 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: For Blue Rooster lovers and haters Reply with quote

Does the amount of money spent there per visit make a difference in how she treats the customers?

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 2 2010, 2:30 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: For Blue Rooster lovers and haters Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Well congratulations, because if the responses in this thread are any indication, you're one of about 6 people in the whole town that she's ever been pleasant towards. You must be really special and/or important.

A resident just like you who wanted to share their experience so everyone can hear both sides of the story.

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 2 2010, 5:21 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: For Blue Rooster lovers and haters Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Now any of the other eating establishments in Cranbury - you walk into and get a nice greeting and feel very welcome!

Has anyone tried the new Cranberries? I'm pretty sure they used to be in Monroe by the tracks but were moving to Dey Road near the Constitution Bank. There is a sign that says opening Aug 30.

The new Cranberries is on Cedar Brook Drive just off of Dey Road right on the lake. It is mixed in between all the red brick buildings.

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 2 2010, 6:04 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: For Blue Rooster lovers and haters Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Dear Kettle, let me introduce you to the Pot....

Do you feel someone writing a thread about YOU would find YOU to be pleasant based on this post?

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 2 2010, 6:50 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: For Blue Rooster lovers and haters Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Do you feel someone writing a thread about YOU would find YOU to be pleasant based on this post?

Well I guess that would depend on whether or not the person writing the post about me had a sense of humor or not. In any event, if someone wants to start a thread about me based on the half of a paragraph I contributed to a message board, that's their right. On the other hand, many people in this thread have had hideous personal experiences with Karen on many occasions. If you want to compare that to a single snarky online message and think it's even remotely the same thing, well then Common....please allow me to introduce Sense.

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 2 2010, 7:30 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: For Blue Rooster lovers and haters Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Well I guess that would depend on whether or not the person writing the post about me had a sense of humor or not. In any event, if someone wants to start a thread about me based on the half of a paragraph I contributed to a message board, that's their right. On the other hand, many people in this thread have had hideous personal experiences with Karen on many occasions. If you want to compare that to a single snarky online message and think it's even remotely the same thing, well then Common....please allow me to introduce Sense.

I don't understand? You seem so mean spirited, I would think you would love a place like the BR.

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 2 2010, 8:19 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: For Blue Rooster lovers and haters Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I don't understand? You seem so mean spirited, I would think you would love a place like the BR.

The difference is that I'm not being mean spirited to folks who are about to give me $15 for 2 scrambled eggs and a cup of coffee. Mean is one thing. Mean and dumb? That is entirely another.

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 2 2010, 11:20 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: For Blue Rooster lovers and haters Reply with quote

It is amazing how nasty you can get sitting in your basement typing in your pajamas.

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 3 2010, 7:57 am EDT    Post subject: Re: For Blue Rooster lovers and haters Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
It is amazing how nasty you can get sitting in your basement typing in your pajamas.

Yes you are sooo right, every single person on the entire internet with something to say that you don't like us obviously some socially maladroit loser living in a basement with no friends and no life to speak of. If thinking this makes you feel better, then by all means, continue.

Now can we please get back to the topic at hand and leave my pajamas out of it? Thanks so very much. I would be happy to keep engaging in a flame war with you, but at this point it's just getting boring. Yes, I'm such a mean person. No, I do not have any friends. <insert whichever ridiculous, unoriginal internet cliche you feel like here> Yawn, snore, blah...

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 3 2010, 8:08 am EDT    Post subject: Re: For Blue Rooster lovers and haters Reply with quote

Pajamas ??? I sit here in the basement with nothing on but my socks and a smile.
My opinion is my opinion, yours is yours. Let's get back to the topic at hand, Your good or bad experiences at the Red Hen
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> Radom Thoughts | Sports | Kitchen Sink All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5