For Blue Rooster lovers and haters
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> Radom Thoughts | Sports | Kitchen Sink
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 3 2010, 9:09 am EDT    Post subject: Re: For Blue Rooster lovers and haters Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
It is amazing how nasty you can get sitting in your basement typing in your pajamas.

Yes you are sooo right, every single person on the entire internet with something to say that you don't like us obviously some socially maladroit loser living in a basement with no friends and no life to speak of. If thinking this makes you feel better, then by all means, continue.

Now can we please get back to the topic at hand and leave my pajamas out of it? Thanks so very much. I would be happy to keep engaging in a flame war with you, but at this point it's just getting boring. Yes, I'm such a mean person. No, I do not have any friends. <insert whichever ridiculous, unoriginal internet cliche you feel like here> Yawn, snore, blah...

You dish it rather well. You take it, not so much.

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 3 2010, 9:25 am EDT    Post subject: Re: For Blue Rooster lovers and haters Reply with quote

LOL! True statement. Defending anonymous, mean spirited attacks with lame attempts to deflect attention from the irony of their words...makes for some fun reading.

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 3 2010, 9:39 am EDT    Post subject: Re: For Blue Rooster lovers and haters Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
It is amazing how nasty you can get sitting in your basement typing in your pajamas.

Yes you are sooo right, every single person on the entire internet with something to say that you don't like us obviously some socially maladroit loser living in a basement with no friends and no life to speak of. If thinking this makes you feel better, then by all means, continue.

Now can we please get back to the topic at hand and leave my pajamas out of it? Thanks so very much. I would be happy to keep engaging in a flame war with you, but at this point it's just getting boring. Yes, I'm such a mean person. No, I do not have any friends. <insert whichever ridiculous, unoriginal internet cliche you feel like here> Yawn, snore, blah...

I'm sorry, what was it that I'm supposed to be "taking"? Tired, uninspired internet platitudes like "I disagree with you, thus you must be some subterranean cellar-dweller sitting trolling online forums in your knickers"? No, you're right, I don't take those at all.

Believe it or not, I actually have an excellent sense of humor. If you have any comments that show the slightest bit of wit or intelligence, by all means...dazzle me! But if you are going to resort to the kind of uninspired tripe that is found on coffee mugs and bumper stickers don't even bother.

Now, moving along...what does any of this have to do with the price of eggs at The Blue Rooster?
your Mom

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 3 2010, 12:20 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: For Blue Rooster lovers and haters Reply with quote

"Your Mom" is more than a tired, witless comeback. She is also a person. What would she think of your behavior? I'm sure she taught you better than to talk about people behind their backs. I'll bet she would make you walk down to the Blue Rooster and apologize right now!

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 3 2010, 12:43 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: For Blue Rooster lovers and haters Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I'm sorry, what was it that I'm supposed to be "taking"? Tired, uninspired internet platitudes like "I disagree with you, thus you must be some subterranean cellar-dweller sitting trolling online forums in your knickers"? No, you're right, I don't take those at all.

Believe it or not, I actually have an excellent sense of humor. If you have any comments that show the slightest bit of wit or intelligence, by all means...dazzle me! But if you are going to resort to the kind of uninspired tripe that is found on coffee mugs and bumper stickers don't even bother.

Now, moving along...what does any of this have to do with the price of eggs at The Blue Rooster?

It has as much to do with the price of eggs as your insults did to the first guy who said he liked the BR. I thought you were petty and said as much. You then got offended which brought us to the you can dish it out remark. If you can't respond to someone who disagrees with you with anything other than a personal attack, there isn't much point to any discussion.

Note: I am not taking issue with your BR opinion only your attack on the guy who had a different opinion.

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 3 2010, 1:22 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: For Blue Rooster lovers and haters Reply with quote

wow I've not seen so much passionate discussion about a Cranbury eatery since Hana and Masons was on TV. I frankly wish we had more good places to eat in our lil town, other then the Inn, Teddy, Pizza and BR. I'm bored of the same ol same old. Maybe I should start another thread about other good places to go in the area.
I can start it off with my favorate place in princeton, Blue Point Grill is a 5 star place for me.

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 3 2010, 1:30 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: For Blue Rooster lovers and haters Reply with quote

Quote:
It has as much to do with the price of eggs as your insults did to the first guy who said he liked the BR. I thought you were petty and said as much. You then got offended which brought us to the you can dish it out remark. If you can't respond to someone who disagrees with you with anything other than a personal attack, there isn't much point to any discussion.

Note: I am not taking issue with your BR opinion only your attack on the guy who had a different opinion.

Fair enough. It appears as though this might be a case of internet communication breakdown. Sometimes I forget that tone and intent of a post may be impossible to decipher. Several things:

1) My inital comment to the person who claimed to be treated nicely at the BR was not intended as an insult, at least not to the poster. It was a wink-and-nod lighthearted post on my part. Evidently, Blue Rooster Lady is not nice to many people. If she was nice to you, then you must be awesome. If this was not clear to you or anyone else, then I apologize.

2) You would have to search pretty far and wide to find someone less likely to get offended over an anonymous post on an online message board than I am. Yes, I thought it was funny that one stupid internet joke would draw a comparison to a person who is obviously in the habit of being rude to the people who are spending their money in her establishment.

3) I don't know which "personal attacks" you are referring to. If someone wants to suggest that I'm some cretin posting from the confines of my basement, I feel well within my rights to point out that this is a tired cliche. If you are referring to my comments about Blue Rooster Lady, she has treated me rudely on more than one occasion. Since I'm not the type of psychopath who would stroll into someone's place of business and make a scene telling them to their face what a grade F- human being I think they are, I'll just have to settle for being passive-agressive and posting my opinion of her on the internet.

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 3 2010, 3:46 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: For Blue Rooster lovers and haters Reply with quote

Why does the Blue Rooster bring out the worst in people?

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 3 2010, 4:18 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: For Blue Rooster lovers and haters Reply with quote

Maybe its the board?

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 3 2010, 5:52 pm EDT    Post subject: Great Local Restaurants Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
wow I've not seen so much passionate discussion about a Cranbury eatery since Hana and Masons was on TV. I frankly wish we had more good places to eat in our lil town, other then the Inn, Teddy, Pizza and BR. I'm bored of the same ol same old. Maybe I should start another thread about other good places to go in the area.
I can start it off with my favorate place in princeton, Blue Point Grill is a 5 star place for me.

Blue Point Grill (Princeton) is great. Fiddleheads in Jambsburg is another superb local BYOB.

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 3 2010, 10:17 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Great Local Restaurants Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Blue Point Grill (Princeton) is great. Fiddleheads in Jambsburg is another superb local BYOB.

Another great one nearby is Luchento's Ristorante‎- on Rt 33
520 New Jersey 33, Perrineville, NJ‎

Awesome Creole food and BYOB, but I havent been back since they remodeled, but I do plan to go tomorrow, so I will post an update if it has changed.

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 3 2010, 10:30 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Great Local Restaurants Reply with quote

Guest wrote:

Two of the best places I have been to in Princeton are both very expensive, be warned they are very very very expensive but for a special occasion they are both incredible. If you're looking for a place that is unforgeable, try ELEMENTS on RT 206.

Lahares is a great French eatery and is a bit less expensive and also nice, neither is a BYOB so expect a large bar bill also. But they are both well worth a visit if you have a special occasion.

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 6 2010, 9:26 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Great local Restaurants Reply with quote

Not too far away, I consider Cafe Capuano my favorite local neighborhood restaurant, in the strip mall off of Old Trenton Rd in East Windsor. White tablecloths, BYOB, best house salad and Chicken Capuano only $16. Great. In Princeton, Nassau Street Seafood for fish, the newly renovated luxury restaurant Peacock Inn, and the Ferry House on Witherspoon are also pretty great. And then there's Lambertville.....

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 7 2010, 7:30 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: For Blue Rooster lovers and haters Reply with quote

Just go to NY city.
It's only 45 minutes away!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 7 2010, 9:29 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: For Blue Rooster lovers and haters Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
Just go to NY city.

... If you're driving about 25 miles over the speed limit and go on one of those rare times where there's no traffic... More typically, about double that.

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 8 2010, 8:15 am EDT    Post subject: Re: For Blue Rooster lovers and haters Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Just go to NY city.

... If you're driving about 25 miles over the speed limit and go on one of those rare times where there's no traffic... More typically, about double that.

and add gas, tolls, and $50 parking to that too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> Radom Thoughts | Sports | Kitchen Sink All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5