For Blue Rooster lovers and haters
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> Radom Thoughts | Sports | Kitchen Sink
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 8 2010, 8:54 am EDT    Post subject: Re: For Blue Rooster lovers and haters Reply with quote

There has never been a restuarant in the history of man that my wife would consider worth the hassle of going into NYC and back. She hates the entire grueling experience, and I can't blame her. I'm stuck with doing it almost every day for work, and the last thing I would consider enjoyable is doing it again just to eat... Keep in mind you have to get back too, so you're likely talking 3 hours of travel time counting the 30+ it will likely take you each way once you get through the tunnel to actually get where you want to go and find parking.

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 9 2010, 9:52 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: For Blue Rooster lovers and haters Reply with quote

My, my, but aren't we spoiled?

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 10 2010, 9:05 am EDT    Post subject: Re: For Blue Rooster lovers and haters Reply with quote

Guest wrote:

I think you have it backwards. How is it spoiled to be content to eat simply and locally and not require a huge production and travel to do so because, seemingly, one has to go "to the City" to get decent food?

We find more than enough perfectly pleasant choices to look forward to locally. There are more fine options that our "spoiled" budget affords us the opportunity to dine in as it is since the typical meal is made at home...

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 11 2010, 10:33 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: For Blue Rooster lovers and haters Reply with quote

Haven't checked it out yet but heard that our very own "Teddy's" is improving it's look and menu to stay relevant. Any reviews?? I always look forward to their Spana Kopita-spinach pies on Cranbury Day!

PostPosted: Sun, Sep 12 2010, 5:20 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: For Blue Rooster lovers and haters Reply with quote

about 15min south on RT130 is a great Italian/Seafood place called Villa Barone, BYOB and yes if yo uhave kids they have pizza pie also.

http://www.villabaronerestaurant.com/home.html

PostPosted: Sun, Sep 12 2010, 7:23 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: For Blue Rooster lovers and haters Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
about 15min south on RT130 is a great Italian/Seafood place called Villa Barone, BYOB and yes if yo uhave kids they have pizza pie also.

http://www.villabaronerestaurant.com/home.html

It is so awfully loud in there

PostPosted: Sun, Sep 12 2010, 7:47 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: For Blue Rooster lovers and haters Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I think you have it backwards. How is it spoiled to be content to eat simply and locally and not require a huge production and travel to do so because, seemingly, one has to go "to the City" to get decent food?

We find more than enough perfectly pleasant choices to look forward to locally. There are more fine options that our "spoiled" budget affords us the opportunity to dine in as it is since the typical meal is made at home...

I don't know.
Maybe, the world's greatest city has the world's greatest chefs and the world's greatest restaurants!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun, Sep 12 2010, 8:49 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: For Blue Rooster lovers and haters Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I don't know.
Maybe, the world's greatest city has the world's greatest chefs and the world's greatest restaurants!!!!!!

Perhaps. But how is it "spoiled" if someone is willing to live without that? Wouldn't it be "spoiled" if the person instead insisted they couldn't settle for anything else?

PostPosted: Sun, Sep 12 2010, 11:23 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: For Blue Rooster lovers and haters Reply with quote

Spoiled in that people want to walk/drive 2 minutes to engage in fine dining. Sometimes the journey is part of the experience.
Get out of Cranbury once in a while........there is a BIG world out there beyond Main Street!!!!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> Radom Thoughts | Sports | Kitchen Sink All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5