School Bus #1 failed to show up at our stop!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 27 2010, 8:24 am EDT    Post subject: School Bus #1 failed to show up at our stop! Reply with quote

Don't know why. Are we using a new bus company this semester?

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 27 2010, 8:37 am EDT    Post subject: Re: School Bus #1 failed to show up at our stop! Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
Don't know why. Are we using a new bus company this semester?

It finally showed up at 8:36am!

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 27 2010, 8:44 am EDT    Post subject: Re: School Bus #1 failed to show up at our stop! Reply with quote

Hoping the students on the bus won't be marked as late for school.

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 27 2010, 8:49 am EDT    Post subject: Re: School Bus #1 failed to show up at our stop! Reply with quote

This happened to us at least half-a-dozen times last year. And while the school did claim the kids wouldn't be marketed as late, twice they were. It stressed out my kids too because they didn't feel they would have enough time to settle their things in their lockers because they were already late. And for the 6 times they were truly late, they regularly got in with only a minute or less to spare until the start of class.

And once they never showed at all -- fortunately on our block at least one parent stayed and carpooled them all to school.

This year their solution seems to be to pick them up super early, and wait even longer. The poor kids, down to kindergarden, have to be at the bus stop by 7:48 and still barely make it to school in time...
Dan Mulligan

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 27 2010, 9:29 am EDT    Post subject: Re: School Bus #1 failed to show up at our stop! Reply with quote

We are on that run and I decided to drive my son over to school at 8:25. I saw Mr. Haney and he said the bus broke down today.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Guest 2

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 27 2010, 2:43 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: School Bus #1 failed to show up at our stop! Reply with quote

There was a Negba bus on the side of the road on Ancil Davison this morning. Presumably the broken down one...
guest-mom

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 27 2010, 3:17 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: School Bus #1 failed to show up at our stop! Reply with quote

bus #1 broke down around 7 a.m. w/a load of high schoolers in it. i know they were picked up pretty quickly by another bus...5 minutes or so.
Dan Mulligan

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 27 2010, 3:53 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: School Bus #1 failed to show up at our stop! Reply with quote

guest-mom wrote:
bus #1 broke down around 7 a.m. w/a load of high schoolers in it. i know they were picked up pretty quickly by another bus...5 minutes or so.

Sorry about the confusion between buses and thanks for the update.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> School | Parenting All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1