Where to buy truck load of top soil?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> Shopping | Good Deals | Price Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 22 2010, 8:52 am EDT    Post subject: Where to buy truck load of top soil? Reply with quote

I need to reseed my lawn. Any company offers free delivery with purchase? Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 22 2010, 9:18 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Where to buy truck load of top soil? Reply with quote

A & M on 130?

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 22 2010, 9:21 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Where to buy truck load of top soil? Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
I need to reseed my lawn. Any company offers free delivery with purchase? Thanks!

did you get approval from the town?

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 22 2010, 9:26 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Where to buy truck load of top soil? Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I need that to work on my lawn??

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 22 2010, 9:41 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Where to buy truck load of top soil? Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I need that to work on my lawn??

Township Code 150-62 Soil Disturbance

No soil disturbance shall be permitted and no earth shall be moved on or off a site, regardless of the time span to accomplish such activity. However, nothing in this subsection shall be construed to prevent any owner, otherwise eligible in accordance with law, from excavating or cutting, stripping or otherwise disturbing lands or soil for the following purposes:

A. Construction, uses and modifications of a one-family dwelling and its normal accessory and appurtenant uses.

B. Gardening for noncommercial purposes.

C. Commercial, agricultural or horticultural use when in accordance with accepted farm agricultural practices, approved by the Freehold Soil Conservation District.

D. Excavation or cutting, stripping or other land or soil disturbance, other than removal from the site, necessary for the construction or reconstruction of curbs, sidewalks, private residential driveways, drainage systems, sewage disposal systems, swimming pools and other utility service connections, provided that all other Township, County, State and district approvals have been received.

E. Installation, removal, replacement or maintenance of landscaping, including trees, shrubs, flowers and cover, where the existing land contours are not changed by more than one foot.

F.Subdivision or site plans where the Board has approved the proposed soil disturbance and earthwork balance.

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 22 2010, 10:03 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Where to buy truck load of top soil? Reply with quote

"Township Code 150-62 Soil Disturbance "

I am adding a thin layer of soil on top to allow the seeds to grow. If this requires a permit, then this code is a bad code to be abolished.

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 22 2010, 10:56 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Where to buy truck load of top soil? Reply with quote

No you don't need a permit or approval for what you are doing. It is exempt from the code restrictions. This is meant to stop huge amounts of soil from coming in during massive building projects. To reseed lawns or build raised garden beds you're fine.

The two cheapest delivery centers are Cornucopia at 571 and Old Trenton and Timothy's.

I actually sodded our lawn when we considered the costs. Timothy's sod is $4 a piece. The quality seed (Blue Grass or Fescue) is expensive. If you are doing this expense then you want to make sure you get a high quality blend seed which is not cheap. So we did our lawn with sod in two homes and I did it myself. However, if you go this route remember it has to be laid the same day it's cut as it starts to degrade as soon as it is cut.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> Shopping | Good Deals | Price Talk All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1