East windsor and Cranbury school consolidation......
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Concerned!!!

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 8 2011, 12:45 am EDT    Post subject: East windsor and Cranbury school consolidation...... Reply with quote

Is it true that Cranbury and East Windsor's school zones are going to be consolidated? Has anyone else heard this? Shocked

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 8 2011, 1:42 am EDT    Post subject: Re: East windsor and Cranbury school consolidation...... Reply with quote

Very silly. Never been suggested. Who told you this.

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 8 2011, 7:19 am EDT    Post subject: Re: East windsor and Cranbury school consolidation...... Reply with quote

False rumor. Some made up school consolidation rumor comes up every year or two. They are often started by realtors trying to get clients to sell homes. My neighbor almost fell for this pitch two years ago. The realtor told her she knew for a fact that it was happening next year and that home values in crambury were about to collapse. Only she said it was with Monroe.

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 8 2011, 7:23 am EDT    Post subject: Re: East windsor and Cranbury school consolidation...... Reply with quote

Yes, just like some realtors push Cranbury Manor in East Windsor as Cranbury.

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 8 2011, 8:20 am EDT    Post subject: Re: East windsor and Cranbury school consolidation...... Reply with quote

Even when consolidation was being seriously discussed when the county superintendant was hired and ordered by the legislature to look into consolidations of smaller districts and he did a town hall at Cranbury School he was clear that the only candidate they would consider merging Cranbury School with was Princeton.

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 8 2011, 8:45 am EDT    Post subject: Re: East windsor and Cranbury school consolidation...... Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
Very silly. Never been suggested. Who told you this.

I still would like to know who told you this. If it was a realtor I would be especially interested in who it is.

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 8 2011, 8:48 am EDT    Post subject: Re: East windsor and Cranbury school consolidation...... Reply with quote

I'm not the OP so I don't know the answer but I would say that every rumor started by a realtor ends up being spread by dozens of others so even if she didn't hear it from one it doesn't mean it didn't start there. In my case, I first heard about the previous rumor from a different neighbor and when I asked where they heard they referenced the other neighbor and its only when I saw them and asked that they said a realtor.

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 8 2011, 11:16 am EDT    Post subject: Re: East windsor and Cranbury school consolidation...... Reply with quote

Here is some simple advice. Next time you hear a rumor about the school don't spread it. The school board has a website and a board mailbox. Simply email the board. If you want a more personal contact they have board meetings twice a month, show up and ask.

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 8 2011, 12:10 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: East windsor and Cranbury school consolidation...... Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
Here is some simple advice. Next time you hear a rumor about the school don't spread it. The school board has a website and a board mailbox. Simply email the board. If you want a more personal contact they have board meetings twice a month, show up and ask.

Unfortunately most posters will complain about anything and spread the rumors. They are too lazy to do something about their complaint or research any information about the rumor they heard.

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 8 2011, 12:17 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: East windsor and Cranbury school consolidation...... Reply with quote

How about reading the post, instead of being bitter people?

The person asked the forum whether the info was true. Answer: No.

It's a simple response.

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 8 2011, 12:20 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: East windsor and Cranbury school consolidation...... Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
How about reading the post, instead of being bitter people?

The person asked the forum whether the info was true. Answer: No.

It's a simple response.

My concern is this board isn't the appropriate forum either. Ask the school. They have the actual information. Why is the first reponse ask a realtor? Then ask a neighbor? Third go on an anonymous internet forum?

If you have a question regarding the school ask the school.

If you have a question regarding the township ask the township.

This is the only way to get a quick and accurate response to you questions.

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 8 2011, 1:37 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: East windsor and Cranbury school consolidation...... Reply with quote

Cranbury sent its students to Hightstown High School for over 80 years. In the late 1970's/early 1980's Hightstown Borough and East Windsor Township wanted to consolidate all three school districts(Cranbury, Hightstown, East Windsor) like West Windsor-Plainsboro. Cranbury residents were opposed to this because it would mean that Cranbury students could be sent to elementary and middle schools in Hightstown and East Windsor. Hightstown and East Windsor students could also be sent to Cranbury. It could have also meant that Cranbury might have only had 2 or 3 representatives on the school board as opposed to East Windsor having 7 or 8. Because Cranbury refused to consolidate, when the East Windsor-Hightstown Regional School District was formed they decided they were no longer going to allow Cranbury to send its high school students to Hightstown High School. The last Cranbury students to attend Hightstown High School were around 1982.Cranbury sent its high school students to Lawrence High School from 1982-1991. Since 1991 Cranbury has been sending its High School students to Princeton High.

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 8 2011, 5:11 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: East windsor and Cranbury school consolidation...... Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
Cranbury sent its students to Hightstown High School for over 80 years. In the late 1970's/early 1980's Hightstown Borough and East Windsor Township wanted to consolidate all three school districts(Cranbury, Hightstown, East Windsor) like West Windsor-Plainsboro. Cranbury residents were opposed to this because it would mean that Cranbury students could be sent to elementary and middle schools in Hightstown and East Windsor. Hightstown and East Windsor students could also be sent to Cranbury. It could have also meant that Cranbury might have only had 2 or 3 representatives on the school board as opposed to East Windsor having 7 or 8. Because Cranbury refused to consolidate, when the East Windsor-Hightstown Regional School District was formed they decided they were no longer going to allow Cranbury to send its high school students to Hightstown High School. The last Cranbury students to attend Hightstown High School were around 1982.Cranbury sent its high school students to Lawrence High School from 1982-1991. Since 1991 Cranbury has been sending its High School students to Princeton High.

The above is a great synopsis. The one thing I would add is that there were a number of residents who were also opposed to the quality of education that was given in the high school so people were sending kids to private school on a more frequent basis than today. That was also a big concern about a permenant move.

PostPosted: Thu, Jun 9 2011, 3:43 am EDT    Post subject: Re: East windsor and Cranbury school consolidation...... Reply with quote

As I recall for the most part at that time Cranbury people were satisfied with Hightstown High School. Geographically it was much easier than what has existed since. Cranbury students easily matriculated and socializing was much easier because Cranbury, Hightstown, East Windsor are neighboring communities. Also back then, Hightstown and East Windsor were similiar communities to what Cranbury was (back then.) It wasn't until we started sending kids to Lawrence that people began sending their children to private schools.

PostPosted: Thu, Jun 9 2011, 6:49 am EDT    Post subject: Re: East windsor and Cranbury school consolidation...... Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
As I recall for the most part at that time Cranbury people were satisfied with Hightstown High School. Geographically it was much easier than what has existed since. Cranbury students easily matriculated and socializing was much easier because Cranbury, Hightstown, East Windsor are neighboring communities. Also back then, Hightstown and East Windsor were similiar communities to what Cranbury was (back then.) It wasn't until we started sending kids to Lawrence that people began sending their children to private schools.

That's not true. Hightstown like now was not a great HS and had issues. I know everyone in my family who had Hightstown as an option ended up in private school and remember a lot of discussions occurring between families about the problems at Hightstown. I also remember some families being fine with the distance, but there was not a lot of people happy with the quality of education there. The only benefit was the geography.

PostPosted: Thu, Jun 9 2011, 11:18 am EDT    Post subject: Re: East windsor and Cranbury school consolidation...... Reply with quote

Its in the past and I guess we had different experiences with Hightstown. I never said it was great. In my circle I just wasn't aware of that much discord with the school itself and at the time the was a strong connection between Cranbury and its immediate neighbors (Hightstown and East Windsor). Obviously it is a much different place now then it was 25 or 30 years ago. I recall Lawrence having a lot of problems. Many students ended up in private school during that time frame. On a side note I am not really convinced Princeton is that great. Students who are at the top of class seem to do well- but the mediocre ones not so much.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> School | Parenting All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3