updated home sales?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> Home Sales Pricing Records
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue, Jun 21 2011, 10:55 am EDT    Post subject: updated home sales? Reply with quote

Can whatever magic elf posts this data please update it. It's been 9 months since the sales of the most recently posted data.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue, Jun 21 2011, 10:39 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: updated home sales? Reply with quote

I think some will be shocked, so no one (including me) wants to have it in our face (price declines) every time we view the forum.

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 22 2011, 10:35 am EDT    Post subject: Re: updated home sales? Reply with quote

Just use Zillow.

http://www.zillow.com/homes/cranbury,-nj_rb/#/homes/recently_sold/Cranbury-Township-NJ/397423_rid/40.354637,-74.355918,40.261433,-74.687912_rect/11_zm/

You may need to uncheck the boxes for current home sales and only leave the recent sales box checked.

PostPosted: Thu, Jun 23 2011, 8:35 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: updated home sales? Reply with quote

Very interesting, I just clicked on the link provided regarding recent home sales, and I have to admit, I'm pretty impressed! In earlier posts regarding the value of homes in our town there was a "math guy" who broke the value of homes down per square foot and took a lot of heat for it. According to Zillow, it seems like he/she was right on the money! A little reality for all of us!

PostPosted: Thu, Jun 23 2011, 9:31 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: updated home sales? Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
Very interesting, I just clicked on the link provided regarding recent home sales, and I have to admit, I'm pretty impressed! In earlier posts regarding the value of homes in our town there was a "math guy" who broke the value of homes down per square foot and took a lot of heat for it. According to Zillow, it seems like he/she was right on the money! A little reality for all of us!

Yes, with a narrow range of $147 psf - $421 psf, I can see how you arrived at the conclusion that Math Guy was right on the money. I feel so embarrassed. Embarassed

PostPosted: Thu, Jun 23 2011, 11:19 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: updated home sales? Reply with quote

Guest wrote:

I looked at the at same data and found plenty of examples out of that range. So not sure what you are talking about. What math guy quoted was a typical range for a typical house. No one distputed that. What people were disputing was that the range works for every type of home in every neighborhood. He stubbornly insisted it did even when faced with contradictory data, claiming the exceptions were just people making good or bad deals which doesn't cut it when you can find neighborhoods where all the sales over a period of time are outside that range, as the data shows.

PostPosted: Fri, Jun 24 2011, 8:32 am EDT    Post subject: Re: updated home sales? Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Yes, with a narrow range of $147 psf - $421 psf, I can see how you arrived at the conclusion that Math Guy was right on the money. I feel so embarrassed. Embarassed

A mere 300% difference? Clearly apologies are in order. That means my house is worth between $500,000 and $1.5 million. Way to nail it, Math Guy!

PostPosted: Mon, Jun 27 2011, 10:19 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: updated home sales? Reply with quote

Only those without a math background wouldn't understand a formula used to value an asset. As I look at all the price reductions, it seems that that crazy uneducated "math guy" is going to be right on the money! The mathematical idiots who look at a high and low price and scream about a 300% difference are nothing more than capable of using 6th grade math! This used to be a very educated town, what has happened? I'm glad my kids go to private school! Enuff said.

PS: Enuff is for those that are only up to elementary spelling. Sit back and watch the mathematics of our little real estate market work itself out. Start investing in Kleenex as reality sets in and the tears start flowing! LMAO!
Billy G

PostPosted: Tue, Jun 28 2011, 4:51 am EDT    Post subject: Re: updated home sales? Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
Only those without a math background wouldn't understand a formula used to value an asset. As I look at all the price reductions, it seems that that crazy uneducated "math guy" is going to be right on the money! The mathematical idiots who look at a high and low price and scream about a 300% difference are nothing more than capable of using 6th grade math! This used to be a very educated town, what has happened? I'm glad my kids go to private school! Enuff said.

PS: Enuff is for those that are only up to elementary spelling. Sit back and watch the mathematics of our little real estate market work itself out. Start investing in Kleenex as reality sets in and the tears start flowing! LMAO!

Who's that trip trapping over my bridge?

PostPosted: Tue, Jun 28 2011, 7:49 am EDT    Post subject: Re: updated home sales? Reply with quote

Guest wrote:

My friendly suggestion is stop embarrassing yourself. If Math Guy had said the average or even typical mean was what it was, there would have been no reason to argue. That’s easy to look up for any given area. Where he made a fool of himself was arguing that all housing in Cranbury, regardless of size, age or neighborhood, was exactly subject to the same narrow range. That’s just dumb and the data proved it wrong. When entire neighborhoods consistent fit outside his range, by a lot, and fit within their own narrow range that is different, that’s not a statistical deviation that’s just a different average for that neighborhood. Math guy’s theory was that every single seller in those neighborhoods simply made “bad deals” when their PSF average was below his range. That’s laughable logic. Then he tried to argue that people were just defensive about home values ignoring the fact that the people arguing against him were suggesting his average was too HIGH for some neighborhoods. Duh.
realistic resident

PostPosted: Sat, Jul 2 2011, 1:50 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: updated home sales? Reply with quote

I can't believe what I've read on these boards. I don't know who this math guy is, but there is some sense to what's been said. There are currently 27 homes for sale listed on this forum, and 16 of them have had to reduce their sales price. Now I'm far from any kind of math wiz, but I can certainly recognize that equates to 59.26% of the homes in our town have had to reduce their prices and they are still not selling! If everyone stopped pricing their homes as if the government is giving away money to the buyers, the homes would sell and possibly even attract multiple offers. Then the supply would dwindle and prices would find stabilization. But too many of us still expect the irrational exuberance that existed from 2001 to 2006! As a resident who will be here for many years to come, these are just my thoughts.

PostPosted: Sat, Jul 2 2011, 7:23 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: updated home sales? Reply with quote

realistic resident wrote:
I can't believe what I've read on these boards. I don't know who this math guy is, but there is some sense to what's been said. There are currently 27 homes for sale listed on this forum, and 16 of them have had to reduce their sales price. Now I'm far from any kind of math wiz, but I can certainly recognize that equates to 59.26% of the homes in our town have had to reduce their prices and they are still not selling! If everyone stopped pricing their homes as if the government is giving away money to the buyers, the homes would sell and possibly even attract multiple offers. Then the supply would dwindle and prices would find stabilization. But too many of us still expect the irrational exuberance that existed from 2001 to 2006! As a resident who will be here for many years to come, these are just my thoughts.

But everything your pointing out has absolutely nothing to do with what math guy was saying. If anything, math guy’s theory was too optimistic for some local home values. That’s what people kept pointing out with the actual data yet he stuck to his theory that wasn’t backed up by the data and illogically said the people saying his prices were too high were just ‘defensive” about the market when logically that’s the opposite of the truth. All math guy was saying is that every home in the township, regardless of location, size, age, condition, lot, etc., was worth a narrow range that varied by only $25 PSF. When the data showed that some homes were worth far less than that. So what you point out is correct. The market is very soft right now. But math guy was wrong.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> Home Sales Pricing Records All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1