Costco Edison tire center sucks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> Shopping | Good Deals | Price Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu, Jul 28 2011, 3:40 pm EDT    Post subject: Costco Edison tire center sucks Reply with quote

If you plan to buy tires from Costco, be prepared to spend hours waiting for them to put the new tires on.

For me, I arrived at 10:30am and left at around 2pm. Before I left at 2pm, I asked another waiting customer his arrival time. He said 11:30am.

If you had shop installed 4 new tires on your car, how long did it take?

PostPosted: Thu, Jul 28 2011, 4:40 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Costco Edison tire center sucks Reply with quote

Depends how busy. STS took me 3 hrs once so I left the car and went home. I know drop off my car at Cranbury Exxon or George's. I found they had similar prices. I had a friend use a big box store and the car didn't ride right as they didn't balance the tires or check alignment.

PostPosted: Thu, Jul 28 2011, 10:16 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Costco Edison tire center sucks Reply with quote

If you buy tires from Costco, they offer free tire rotation and balance, plus free road hazard insurance.

But you have to spend 2 to 3 hours there for each visit (e.g., having your tires rotated), unless you are one of the first 4 customers (they usually have 4 service stations per tire center) when they open the door.

So, it's not really "free": they try to keep you in the store to shop and waste your valuable time.
guesting

PostPosted: Fri, Aug 5 2011, 1:54 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Costco Edison tire center sucks Reply with quote

I have found the STS generally has the best service and pricing. They have specials and discount coupons on thier web site. Call ahead for appointment and you won't have to wait as long.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> Shopping | Good Deals | Price Talk All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1