Water heater tank installation?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jack

PostPosted: Fri, Dec 2 2011, 12:50 pm EST    Post subject: Water heater tank installation? Reply with quote

My water heater tank needs to be replaced. I plan to buy a new one from Lowes/HomeDepot and hire someone to install it. Do you know how much the installation costs? Thanks!
Guest896

PostPosted: Sat, Dec 3 2011, 9:43 am EST    Post subject: Re: Water heater tank installation? Reply with quote

Jack, I know the contractors HD or Lowes would run you around 400.00. A lot depends on what type it is and what needs to be done.
I went through the same thing and found the units at HD and Lowes were not the best quality or deal.
I went to Jamesburg Hardware, bought a Bradford White and their plumber did a great job for less than HD or Lowes.
jack

PostPosted: Sat, Dec 3 2011, 9:51 am EST    Post subject: Re: Water heater tank installation? Reply with quote

I have a 50-gallon tank (gas; 20" W; 57" H). PSE&G quoted at about $1,000 (parts and labor). I'll check out Jamesburg Hardware. Thanks for the info.
jack

PostPosted: Sat, Dec 3 2011, 11:21 am EST    Post subject: Re: Water heater tank installation? Reply with quote

By the way, does Cranbury require a permit for water heater replacement? Thanks.
me

PostPosted: Mon, Dec 5 2011, 8:45 am EST    Post subject: Re: Water heater tank installation? Reply with quote

BTW, you can call the town to have a curbside pick-up of your old hot water tank for $10 on the second Wednesday of every month; see below:

White Goods and E-Waste pick up dates are scheduled on the second Wednesday of every month. White goods are defined as BBQ grills (tanks are accepted), washers, dryers, dishwashers, refrigerators, freezers, hot water tanks, stoves/ovens, air conditioners, metal storm doors (no glass window inserts), humidifiers/dehumidifiers, water coolers, metal sinks and residential kitchen exhaust fans. Some E-Waste goods are now available for pick-up such as TVs, VCRs, and computer equipment. If you would like schedule a pick-up, call 395-0900 ext.229 one week prior, to be placed on the next pick up date schedule. The cost for this convenient curbside pick-up service is $10.00 per item. Payment must be received to be placed on the schedule.
Heater

PostPosted: Mon, Dec 5 2011, 8:49 am EST    Post subject: Re: Water heater tank installation? Reply with quote

Yes, a permit is required. I am glad I got it too as the inspector noted an improper installation that could have been serious. So I Loukas it as insurance rather than a fee.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> Home Sweet Home All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1