Recommend a mortgage broker?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Guest1012

PostPosted: Sun, Jan 15 2012, 11:29 pm EST    Post subject: Recommend a mortgage broker? Reply with quote

In the process of purchasing a home in central NJ - does anyone have a mortgage broker/lender that they recommend? Thanks!
guestguest

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 16 2012, 10:54 am EST    Post subject: Re: Recommend a mortgage broker? Reply with quote

Guest1012 wrote:
In the process of purchasing a home in central NJ - does anyone have a mortgage broker/lender that they recommend? Thanks!

Why not try LendingTree.com or Bankrate.com, etc.? You'll fill out some info online and then usually end up with at least 5 brokers competing for your business. I usually start this way and then pick the 2 I like the most and compete them against each other. After the initial online part it is easy to make it more personal by phone conversation and negotiations. And these brokers lost always negotiate even further than where they start off at. I usually start right off the bat by saying I will not accept any escrow of my taxes or insurance and I refuse to pay even 1/16th higher a rate for that privilege and they always cave. Usually I end up with 1 point, at most the appraisal and title as my only fees and at least 1/4 a point lower than where the initial quotes came in.

Going with a "broker" as opposed to a direct lender almost always comes out more competitive by the way. I have more than once re-financed and ended up with the same major bank I had the loan with before re-financing but had to go through a broker to get the best deal. I have spoken to my bank reps about this and they admit that brokers are able to reduce fees and negotiate rates better than the bank reps themselves are. Sad but true.

Good luck.
Lending

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 17 2012, 9:33 am EST    Post subject: Re: Recommend a mortgage broker? Reply with quote

I used Lending Tree to refi not too long ago and had a very good experience.
Hank

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 17 2012, 10:33 am EST    Post subject: Re: Recommend a mortgage broker? Reply with quote

I would stay away from 1st Constitution Bank at all cost. Their fees and terms are unforgiving.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> Home Sweet Home All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1