Walking a dog without a leash?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anon-p82p

PostPosted: Thu, May 30 2013, 6:19 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Walking a dog without a leash? Reply with quote

Is it really possible on such a forum where one (or groups) can choose the method of data delivery (named or anonymous) to ever really know who "cleans up" for whom? For those most adept at Information Technology it can be a brilliant tool for message delivery and information control capable of being played like a harmonious fiddle, I suppose.

Seems the "dogs" are bound to want their day, regardless Smile
[/quote]
anon-p82q

PostPosted: Thu, May 30 2013, 10:02 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Walking a dog without a leash? Reply with quote

Hmm interesting
anon-p82q

PostPosted: Thu, May 30 2013, 10:05 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Walking a dog without a leash? Reply with quote

Sorry pressed send too early. Meant to say:
Hmm interesting to see all of the sudden interest in all these other previously dead topics pushing this one down the list on the board. Classic IT web optimization tactic (ie what gets stuff on google top page)
anon-oq44

PostPosted: Thu, May 30 2013, 10:11 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Walking a dog without a leash? Reply with quote

So you won't step it you mean?
LOL
anon-p815

PostPosted: Thu, May 30 2013, 10:21 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Walking a dog without a leash? Reply with quote

And these tactics from the very group that labels those who disagree with them "trolls".....the hypocrisy is deep here.
#first world problem-q03n

PostPosted: Sun, Jun 2 2013, 5:38 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Walking a dog without a leash? Reply with quote

Seriously, we've come to this as a town?

We've got tons of open land, and a town full of big dogs that need to run.

At the end of the day, we've all got to be responsible for our actions. This includes taking responsibility for whatever problems our off leash dogs cause, including having them put down. We dont need one size fits all laws for every single isolated incident.

Working/herding dogs gotta run. It's in their blood. I'm not stopping, sorry!

Work on your recall training folks!
anon-97on

PostPosted: Sun, Jun 2 2013, 5:44 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Walking a dog without a leash? Reply with quote

#first world problem-q03n wrote:
Seriously, we've come to this as a town?

We've got tons of open land, and a town full of big dogs that need to run.

At the end of the day, we've all got to be responsible for our actions. This includes taking responsibility for whatever problems our off leash dogs cause, including having them put down. We dont need one size fits all laws for every single isolated incident.

Working/herding dogs gotta run. It's in their blood. I'm not stopping, sorry!

Work on your recall training folks!

Get a large yard then and fence it so your dog can run free. Or take them to existing dog parks, there are plenty in the area. As you said, people have to be responsible for their actions. That includes not taking on getting a working or herding dogs if you aren't prepared for the commitment to find legal means to exercise them. Breaking the law by taking it off leash on public property is not taking responsibility.
LuvMyPup-p8p6

PostPosted: Sun, Jun 2 2013, 9:59 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Walking a dog without a leash? Reply with quote

Dogs need a place to run free!
A doggie park could provide a safe place so they can run and the residents could be very safe.
Needs a no leash fenced area they can play as well for non aggressive dogs so they can run free.
If the animal was not penned up in the house all day some of those incidents I have been reading here about animal attack might not have happened.
That is tortorous on an animal to do.
76543-8006

PostPosted: Tue, Jun 4 2013, 10:49 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Walking a dog without a leash? Reply with quote

my wife and daughter no longer will walk in the preserve because most of the dogs owners they encounter don't have their dogs on a leash.They will walk with me but still most of the dogs are unleashed .
76543-8006

PostPosted: Tue, Jun 4 2013, 10:49 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Walking a dog without a leash? Reply with quote

my wife and daughter no longer will walk in the preserve because most of the dogs owners they encounter don't have their dogs on a leash.They will walk with me but still most of the dogs are unleashed .
anon-5281

PostPosted: Tue, Jun 4 2013, 11:09 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Walking a dog without a leash? Reply with quote

If a group of residents want to buy land and maintain a dog park I am okay.

However, I don't want a dog park if it means Public works has more work to do and this creates a cost to us.

Also, let's be honest. Cranbury is not a condo or apartment town like Plainsboro or Jamesburg. Most residents in Cranbury have yards and dogs can run in them. Dogs are not kids they don't need social time with other dogs. Having shown dogs and been involved with breeders I find dog parks controversial. In a town like Cranbury it's purely for adult social gatherings. In a town like Plainsboro they are a necessary evil as many residents don't have a place for dogs to run and play.
anon-q03n

PostPosted: Tue, Jun 4 2013, 11:30 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Walking a dog without a leash? Reply with quote

[quote="susangoetz-67sn"]Neighbors - Get a picture of the dog and the owner if you can.

Next on Fox: Cranbury's Most Wanted Mutts!

wow....
anon-6srn

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 5 2013, 9:30 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Walking a dog without a leash? Reply with quote

[quote="anon-q03n"]
susangoetz-67sn wrote:
Neighbors - Get a picture of the dog and the owner if you can.

Next on Fox: Cranbury's Most Wanted Mutts!

wow....

HAHA - watch out for the chipmunks - I have seen a lot of them walking around without a leash. Please neighbors - be careful!!
anon-=2710

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 5 2013, 1:38 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Walking a dog without a leash? Reply with quote

No --- the promo should be "Cranbury's Most Wanted Mutt Owners". Noboday at the township level takes this seriously. While walikg my leashed dogs I have been attacked by two dogs that were "restrained" by an Invisible Fence" at two different times. On the second occasion I called the police. The police came and spoke to the owners but took no action. The dogs still are a menace and now I can no longer walk my dogs down that street!Warnings just don't get the job done. Its about time the township took a stand and stops pussy footing around the dog issues.
anon-4581

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 5 2013, 2:35 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Walking a dog without a leash? Reply with quote

My neighbor has had issues with their invisible fence once the wire got chewed by some animal the second time the dog got out chasing a squirrel and appeared it was afraid to go back in. From his point of view he is concerned over the safety of his dog getting loose. I had to place boards around my fence as the dog would dig under and get loose. In those circumstances there is a ton of worry about the harm that could happen to the loose dog and I am sure from others seeing a loose dog. Serving a ticket in that scenario to me doesn't make sense as there is no intent.

If a dog is running loose in a yard with no invisible or hard fence and leaves the yard or in a park that is a different story and I would expect the officers to issue tickets.
anon-0o99

PostPosted: Thu, Jun 6 2013, 3:06 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Walking a dog without a leash? Reply with quote

76543-8006 wrote:

For all practical purposes, the Cranbury Preserve has become the unofficial dog run here in Cranbury
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> Home Sweet Home All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3