Township roads
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dj-sn43

PostPosted: Mon, Jun 16 2014, 8:34 pm EDT    Post subject: Township roads Reply with quote

I know it's not Main Street, so this is probably why nothing is ever done, but the condition of Brickyard road is quite poor. The road is unpassable heading towards the turnpike from the circle, and has been so for several years. It will only become worse with the new warehouses being built and thousands of trucks that will now be traveling down the road. The township has made several attempts to smooth out the ruts but as soon as a dump truck rides over the patch it's worse than before.
anon;-0qs4

PostPosted: Fri, Jun 27 2014, 3:17 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Township roads Reply with quote

It sure is not main street or the sacred "Village" but there are taxpayers there as well. Its about time the politicians started to get off the main street band wagon and move forward with the rest of the town that is falling apart. All they do is defer the maintenance as long as possible. Maybe we could trade in our unused Field of Dreams Ballfield for the $$$ we need for road repairs?
anon-83q5

PostPosted: Fri, Jun 27 2014, 3:23 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Township roads Reply with quote

You do understand that Main St is a county road. Other than paying 50% of the required dam repairs I can't recall township tax dollars being spent in a major way on Main St. The downtown project was funded by grants.

I agree Brickyard needs to be done and the twp has applied for road grants.
anon-0215

PostPosted: Sat, Jun 28 2014, 9:00 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Township roads Reply with quote

The ball field debacle was a totally different Committee. Every single one of those people is gone. Half of them don't even live in town anymore. The dam project was required, they had put it off until the lake had to be drained as a safety issue. Main Street itself is a county road. The work on the sidewalks was a county grant. And they have sought all kinds of grants, including a federal grant for a sidewalk upgrade on Old Trenton Road.

It's easy to pretend like the Committee is some conspiracy of people trying to steal all our taxes to use for their pet projects for for the special part of town but it just doesn't hold up to reality. The current batch of people have fairly consistently held down the budget and worked to get outside funds to pay for projects. And I don't live on Main Street myself and live on a street that could use repair...
anon-54r5

PostPosted: Sun, Jun 29 2014, 4:44 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Township roads Reply with quote

I'd like to comment as someone who watched the COAH push by the state in 2009 that I wonder if this TC is trying to withhold money from large projects such as repairing some roads like Petty Rd. which would cost around 1.5 million in case they need to have funds ready to fight any new COAH regulations or build these units if they can't fight.

I have no idea if that is their plan or not, but other than the Main St. repairs this TC hasn't seemed to embark on any major projects and this TC took over at the end of the last COAH mandate when Christie tried to dismantle it.

When I see companies start sitting on cash it's usually not too far off that you'll hear of a large acquisition. Companies and governments don't usually sit on cash. Like a company, the TC is restricted on what they can or can't say.
anon-97on

PostPosted: Mon, Jun 30 2014, 7:54 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Township roads Reply with quote

anon-54r5 wrote:
I'd like to comment as someone who watched the COAH push by the state in 2009 that I wonder if this TC is trying to withhold money from large projects such as repairing some roads like Petty Rd. which would cost around 1.5 million in case they need to have funds ready to fight any new COAH regulations or build these units if they can't fight.

I have no idea if that is their plan or not, but other than the Main St. repairs this TC hasn't seemed to embark on any major projects and this TC took over at the end of the last COAH mandate when Christie tried to dismantle it.

When I see companies start sitting on cash it's usually not too far off that you'll hear of a large acquisition. Companies and governments don't usually sit on cash. Like a company, the TC is restricted on what they can or can't say.

But they are not "sitting on cash." With the smaller tax base, they have to reduce the budget or dip into a not large cash reserve and still deal with tax increases because of the shrinking collections. The previous TC that did all the discretionary projects like the ball park and entertaining buying what is now the Sweetwater property for a library and so on was paying for it all with debt. They kept taking out new bonds that we are still paying off and will for a while. The current TC recently approved new bond debt to cover essential infrastructure updates but overall has been far more cautious about expanding Township debt. And that's not a bad thing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> House For Sale All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1