Queen of Scottsdale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anon-45p9

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 7 2016, 10:56 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Queen of Scottsdale Reply with quote

The agenda shows the parking lot.

The minutes show the resolution verbatim it is illegal to edit a resolution.
anon-sp0n

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 7 2016, 11:14 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Queen of Scottsdale Reply with quote

anon-45p9 wrote:
The agenda shows the parking lot.

The minutes show the resolution verbatim it is illegal to edit a resolution.

Exactly, parking lot, not library grading, prep, landscaping, hardscaping or retaining basin. And the resolution doesn't contradict that at all and doesn't speak one way or the other to the details of the $475,000.

This hiding the library decisions is nothing new. They try to make decisions during informal discussions, they have funding resolutions buried in parking projects and sometimes they don't put it on the agenda at all. After the last PB meeting they appeared before the Township Committee again on September 26 (http://www.cranburytownship.org/TC-Documents/2016/TC-agenda-092616.pdf). It became a major point of discussion. Because the meeting wasn't on the agenda, the public had no reason to know to attend. Fortunately because of everything that happened before many of the same neighbors from the PB meeting attended just in case the library was discussed and it was a good thing they did because it became a major point of discussion.

If anyone cares about the library issue, and unfortunately most who do wouldn't read this site, you should plan to attend the next PB meeting. After that there would be another TC meeting but those are about the last opportunities you have potentially on this project if you want to inquire about location, public funding, etc.
anon-88r5

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 7 2016, 11:52 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Queen of Scottsdale Reply with quote

Exactly, look at the agenda and attend.

There was no action taken at the last TC meeting from what I understand. The library can show up at any time and make a presentation just as any resident can show up at any time and make a complaint about the library.

The next TC meeting is Monday at 7pm. Show up and make your point then. You don't need to wait for a meeting.
anon-sp0n

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 7 2016, 11:56 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Queen of Scottsdale Reply with quote

anon-88r5 wrote:
Exactly, look at the agenda and attend.

There was no action taken at the last TC meeting from what I understand. The library can show up at any time and make a presentation just as any resident can show up at any time and make a complaint about the library.

The next TC meeting is Monday at 7pm. Show up and make your point then. You don't need to wait for a meeting.

People shouldn't be obligated to attend every single meeting on the chance that something happens. And looking at the agenda isn't very helpful when they don't even bother putting it on the agenda sometimes, call it information discussions when they actually expect votes or having a totally different topic (like parking) on the agenda when the vote will be on library-specific funding.
anon-88r5

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 7 2016, 12:31 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Queen of Scottsdale Reply with quote

Any board or commission can provide an update at any time under Reports from Boards and Commissions.

The parking lot was an agenda item and if there was interest you could have attended. You're making it library funding. The topic is what the resolution was.

However, you or anyone else can come to a TC meeting and under public comment raise opposition. Go Monday night and tell the TC your concern and issue.

No one here cares about your view, my view or will go to a TC meeting to raise your view. If you care go Monday night, if not stop complaining.
anon-sp0n

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 7 2016, 5:10 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Queen of Scottsdale Reply with quote

anon-88r5 wrote:
Any board or commission can provide an update at any time under Reports from Boards and Commissions.

The parking lot was an agenda item and if there was interest you could have attended. You're making it library funding. The topic is what the resolution was.

However, you or anyone else can come to a TC meeting and under public comment raise opposition. Go Monday night and tell the TC your concern and issue.

No one here cares about your view, my view or will go to a TC meeting to raise your view. If you care go Monday night, if not stop complaining.

Again, that is a lie. The TC approved $475,000 for the parking, library site prep and grading, library hardscaping, library landscaping and the underground retaining basin. It's simply not true that it was just about the "municipal" parking lot. The facts are the facts. But of course no one watching the TC agenda would have had any reason to know that.

BTW, if it really is a "municipal" parking lot that is being built entirely for the benefit of local businesses and the library is contributing nothing, I assume absolutely no spots will be reserved for library use like they are now in the school lot? If the library is neither contributing to the construction or the maintenance, that wouldn't make sense.
anon-24pq

PostPosted: Sat, Oct 8 2016, 6:13 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Queen of Scottsdale Reply with quote

Approved subject to final review from what I understand. Nothing has final approval yet.

Not a municipal lot. A public lot. Public parking. Open to everyone. Including business and the PUBLIC library.

For at least the 5th time, if you want to give your opinion, you need to go to the TC meeting. You don't need to know what's on the agenda to go raise a concern. You can raise any concern you want and it will be added to the record. It doesn't matter if you state your concern on the same night as those in favor state theirs points or on a night when it was scheduled. Go Monday and state your concerns.

You're really wasting your time on here to be frank.

anon-sp0n wrote:
anon-88r5 wrote:

Again, that is a lie. The TC approved $475,000 for the parking, library site prep and grading, library hardscaping, library landscaping and the underground retaining basin. It's simply not true that it was just about the "municipal" parking lot. The facts are the facts. But of course no one watching the TC agenda would have had any reason to know that.

BTW, if it really is a "municipal" parking lot that is being built entirely for the benefit of local businesses and the library is contributing nothing, I assume absolutely no spots will be reserved for library use like they are now in the school lot? If the library is neither contributing to the construction or the maintenance, that wouldn't make sense.
anon-0592

PostPosted: Sun, Oct 9 2016, 9:51 pm EDT    Post subject: Re: Queen of Scottsdale Reply with quote

This really needs to be decided by the public, not 5 residents. Most people seem to be against it so why is it not on the ballot? It would be nice to end this topic.
anon-s6p5

PostPosted: Mon, Oct 10 2016, 7:53 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Queen of Scottsdale Reply with quote

I don't disagree with a vote. However, I also can't blame the TC. The library has made numerous presentations the last few years most were on the agenda not board reports many of which I attended.

I missws the last two, but in my experience there was no opposition. The minutes show the last time there was opposition to the library by one person and from what i hear there was opposition last meeting to the lot placement, but not the library.

So if people can't show up and oppose it or even go down on a normal Monday meeting night and oppose it how can you fault the members and say they should do a vote?

How do you do a vote now after many residents already donated money? Sure you'll be happy, but I am sure many others will not. And if the bote passes I doubt those opposed will stop and it gives the supporters cause to ask for a bond because the vote passed.
anon-8s52

PostPosted: Mon, Oct 10 2016, 11:40 am EDT    Post subject: Re: Queen of Scottsdale Reply with quote

anon-s6p5 wrote:
I don't disagree with a vote. However, I also can't blame the TC. The library has made numerous presentations the last few years most were on the agenda not board reports many of which I attended.

I missws the last two, but in my experience there was no opposition. The minutes show the last time there was opposition to the library by one person and from what i hear there was opposition last meeting to the lot placement, but not the library.

So if people can't show up and oppose it or even go down on a normal Monday meeting night and oppose it how can you fault the members and say they should do a vote?

How do you do a vote now after many residents already donated money? Sure you'll be happy, but I am sure many others will not. And if the bote passes I doubt those opposed will stop and it gives the supporters cause to ask for a bond because the vote passed.

If there is a vote and the vote passes to support a new library, the township should bond for the remaining money. I personally don't see a need for a new library, but if the town votes for one, we should pay for it. Conversely, if the townspeople don't support a new library, we should not get stuck with one.
grandma-0582

PostPosted: Tue, Nov 15 2016, 2:47 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Queen of Scottsdale Reply with quote

anon-475o wrote:

In this town, there can't be more than a handful of kids that are not in school during the day and the school has its own librarian. There are hardly any programs for kids, and the few that there are require very little on the part of the children's librarian.

No success with teen Librarian Joann Dera or children Librarian Jan Murphy. Applied broad definition of "teen" to include 12 yr olds only gathers the gamers one hour a week. No creativity or outreach to actual teens. PHS resident teens abandoned Wednesday night reading sessions. Children's programs flatlined for years.

Greed and selfishness to the tune of $180,000 to have three certified librarians with daytime shifts. Schedule each individually, and alternate, all OPERATING hours and add a short Sunday.

Give real service.
Anon-8p99

PostPosted: Tue, Dec 6 2016, 10:33 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Queen of Scottsdale Reply with quote

I think that issues related to how our current library is run is completely separate from whether or not we need a new library building. Let's not intermix two very different issues.

In my opinion we need a new separate library - it benefits people of all ages and serves as a community resource center. Our current building falls short of this because it's small and attached to the school.

I definitely see some good things with how current library is being run, and other things that need improvement - The old school librarian behavior I have seen as well . There's a person who's in charge of the library , a chairman , and a board , who is responsible for employee behavior , and organizes programs that the community needs . We should be providing feedback to the library leadership versus posting on a public forum that they may not see.
rr17-07o2

PostPosted: Wed, Dec 7 2016, 8:43 am EST    Post subject: Re: Queen of Scottsdale Reply with quote

I only go in there once in a while to get a movie. What's going/not going on? Glad I don't work there where everything is judged from a distance, and posted on an anonymous forum.
Jan Murphy-07o2

PostPosted: Wed, Dec 7 2016, 10:01 am EST    Post subject: Re: Queen of Scottsdale Reply with quote

I'd like to respond to the poster who said building a new library has nothing to do with the current staff at the Cranbury Public Library. *Thank you.* Yes, I do read the forum, Much to the dismay of my husband and children and a million other people who tell me not to. And what I've read here has kept me up nights. So if that's what people have hoped to accomplish, consider yourself a success.

If the poster would like to talk about what we could do better, if you have ideas for "programs that Cranbury needs," if you could point out what "old school library behaviors" you'd like to see abolished, please call me at (609) 655-0555, or email me at murphy@cranburypubliclibrary.org. I promise I'll share your comments with my boss and colleagues, and I will attempt to do better. You don't have to sign your name or say who you are.

And for all you anonymous people who have posted truly nasty, unsubstantiated, and loathsome things about people I care very deeply for...well, I guess the Cranbury Forum will always be, for me, a most unpleasant memory of Cranbury, New Jersey.
anon-88r5

PostPosted: Wed, Dec 7 2016, 11:43 am EST    Post subject: Re: Queen of Scottsdale Reply with quote

Jan,

First, this site can be very nasty and I know TC members who have point blank stated they disregard anything here so comments here have zero weight.

Second, I love the programs the library offers, but I work from 8am until 7pm and by the time I get home, eat and see my kids for a few moments the library is closed. In fact, I don't use the library much because Saturdays are busy. Sunday is an easy day, but the library is closed.

I miss the Sunday hours and honestly think Sunday is much better than opening up at 10am during the week. Most of our population works and thus ignoring weekend hours for people who work and ignoring kids who are in school, to pacify a few retired folks is during a great disservice to the community. If you opened at 11 each workday you could do 10-3pm each Sunday.

The impression right or wrong is that the library does not want to work weekends and thus finds excuses not to be open at that time.

I am not a huge supporter for this very reason. I see limited benefit.

Will
anon-pr2p

PostPosted: Wed, Dec 7 2016, 2:05 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Queen of Scottsdale Reply with quote

Not sure why people may think the new library building and operation are not linked.

The library director is primarily focused on a new building. If you need proof, look at the Director's latest December note on their web site www.cranburypubliclibrary.org, it is all about contributing to a new library, nothing about services.

The library has diverted $600,000 of taxpayer money to the library building fund, taking away from services (like staying open Sunday). Has anyone asked if the new library is built, will it be still be closed on Sunday?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> News | Events All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5