Blue Line On Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
holliesfan-pr81

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 9 2017, 8:39 am EST    Post subject: Blue Line On Main Reply with quote

Take a moment to read this.

nj1015.com/feds-tell-nj-towns-to-stop-painting-blue-lines-in-support-of-police/
anon-qrr3

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 9 2017, 1:13 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Blue Line On Main Reply with quote

We would have preferred the town spent the money it used to paint the blue line instead for our new library. When our new library is built you will be able to come in and read all about the police.

Tax deductible donations by check should be made payable to Cranbury Public Library Foundation and can be dropped off at the library or sent to:

Cranbury Public Library Foundation
23 N Main St
Cranbury, NJ 08512
anon-011q

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 9 2017, 9:48 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Blue Line On Main Reply with quote

I heard it on the radio (NPR) as well.

The blue line is for indication related to handicap, not for the support of local police.
anon-54r5

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 10 2017, 11:25 am EST    Post subject: Re: Blue Line On Main Reply with quote

anon-011q wrote:
I heard it on the radio (NPR) as well.

The blue line is for indication related to handicap, not for the support of local police.

I heard it too, but seriously will handicap drivers just stop and leave their car parked in the middle of Main St.

I think this is something that once done will wear away with weather and not be re-done.

I think it is a great gesture to show support for our police and wish that the town did like other towns with a red stripe as well for EMS/Fire.
anon-6622

PostPosted: Thu, Jan 12 2017, 1:25 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Blue Line On Main Reply with quote

EMS and fire are great. There is not currently a war on EMS and Fire. While there are inherent dangerous in both EMS and Fire there is no one targeting EMS, or firefighters.
anon-88r5

PostPosted: Thu, Jan 12 2017, 8:40 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Blue Line On Main Reply with quote

Unfortunately, your comment is not correct. Firefighters have been targeted as well as police by people.

https://www.statter911.com/2016/12/06/update-fire-chief-believes-firefighters-targeted-in-shooting-of-ohio-firefighter/

http://www.wlwt.com/article/firefighters-on-high-alert-after-recent-attacks-on-first-responders/3556235

The point of the Blue Line is to thank you to the officers and show respect. Something we should be showing support equally for all our first responders in my opinion and treating all equally.

It's not taking away anything from Police to honor all and many towns are painting red and blue stripes to do so.

Fortunately, most of us won't have a cause to call Police or Fire in our life time. Unfortunately, many of us at some point in our life will call an ambulance.
anon-01s7

PostPosted: Wed, Jan 18 2017, 8:06 pm EST    Post subject: Re: Blue Line On Main Reply with quote

I'm sure you know those articles are fairly isolated incidents. I'm not taking away from what EMS and the Fire Service sacrifices everyday. Especially EMS tends to be unsung hero's. 343 MOS(Members of the Service) of FDNY(Fire Department New York) lost their lives on September 11, 2001. We get it. Many more have made the "ultimate sacrifice" since then. 37 Port Authority Police Officers, 22 NYPD Officers, 12 EMT's and Paramedics also died that day.

There has been a nationwide target on police officers for the last three years. On average in America a Police Officer is murdered every 53 hours. We have all seen the reports of officers being systematically hunted and assainated because they wear a badge. The blue line was an unsolicited
attempt by people completely unconnected to law enforcement to recognize what has been occurring and say "thank you. We see you. Your lives matter." It is being done specifically in response to what has been happening to police officers in America.

It is not a slight on EMS or Fire. Its bizarre that you seem to be seeking some type recognition. Please don't diminish the gesture with your own need for recogonition. I assure you you are recognized for deed and sacrifice.
anon-1184

PostPosted: Thu, Jan 19 2017, 9:22 am EST    Post subject: Re: Blue Line On Main Reply with quote

Wow. I am not a member of Fire, First aid or Police.

I was pointing out that other towns are recognizing all their first responders and it would be nice to do so here. Show all our first responders that they matter. It's why I donate to them each year.

Towns are painting Red and Blue lines. All I am saying is let's paint a red line as well. I am not saying don't honor police and never said that.

It seems to me you're going out of your way to not want to recognize certain groups which is odd to me. Why do you care if the town were to say thank you to all first responders? Why do the police in your view be less thanked if a red line were to go in too? I think all deserve tremendous respect and thanks.

I wonder if you're the poster who tried to create issues a few years ago with one fire and first aid member. Or if you're just a troll. Because honoring all is not diminishing anyone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> News | Events All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1