The 2017 Municipal Budget
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fyi

PostPosted: Tue, Feb 14 2017, 7:50 pm EST    Post subject: The 2017 Municipal Budget Reply with quote

The 2017 Municipal Budget has been posted.

http://www.cranburytownship.org/documents/2017-Budget.pdf

The 2017 User Friendly Budget has been posted,

http://www.cranburytownship.org/documents/2017-User-Friendly-Budget.pdf
anon-54r5

PostPosted: Tue, Feb 14 2017, 8:29 pm EST    Post subject: Re: The 2017 Municipal Budget Reply with quote

I can't tell. What does this mean for our taxes? Are they going up? If so, what about the big warehouse that came in? Shouldn't that reduce taxes?

If they are going down because of the warehouse. Thank you.
anon;oqs6-054q

PostPosted: Tue, Feb 14 2017, 11:44 pm EST    Post subject: Re: The 2017 Municipal Budget Reply with quote

According to the Township Committee minutes the tax rate will increase. So much for the rateables! We are spending it faster than we get it.
Affordable-sq01

PostPosted: Wed, Feb 15 2017, 8:48 am EST    Post subject: Re: The 2017 Municipal Budget Reply with quote

The taxes are going up to cover the costs associated with our affordable housing obligation. The taxpayer burden would be much greater if not for the ratables. We are also much better off than some of the towns who decided to defer and go to court against affordable housing (https://www.tapinto.net/towns/south-brunswick-cranbury/articles/middlesex-county-judge-slams-south-brunswicks-af)
I think the Township Committee has done a pretty good job as far as keeping unnecessary spending in check while still providing excellent services and having our future needs in mind.
anon-s41q

PostPosted: Wed, Feb 15 2017, 9:11 am EST    Post subject: Re: The 2017 Municipal Budget Reply with quote

More money is also needed for the taxpayer funded library.
anon-q2q6

PostPosted: Wed, Feb 15 2017, 9:52 pm EST    Post subject: Re: The 2017 Municipal Budget Reply with quote

I think the TC has done a good job keeping taxes in check despite all the unfunded state mandates. If you think you can do better, put a plan together and share it with the community, or run for a spot on the TC. People are always up to listen to good ideas on how to save taxpayer money. The trouble is, most of the complainers can't come up with a real plan to reduce spending in any kind of meaningful way.
Common sense-6n1p

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 16 2017, 6:39 am EST    Post subject: Re: The 2017 Municipal Budget Reply with quote

We could cut the hours that the police work to save money since they hang out at Teddys all day anyway !!!! Just a thought
resist trump-pp98

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 16 2017, 7:44 am EST    Post subject: Re: The 2017 Municipal Budget Reply with quote

we would prefer more money be added to the budget to pay for the new library and our new partner group indivisible cranbury. we are working together to resist the Trump agenda. The new library will be our combined headquarters join us https://www.indivisibleguide.com/web/

Tax deductible donations by check should be made payable to Cranbury Public Library Foundation and can be dropped off at the library or sent to:

Cranbury Public Library Foundation
23 N Main St
Cranbury, NJ 08512
anon-15o6

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 16 2017, 7:46 am EST    Post subject: Re: The 2017 Municipal Budget Reply with quote

They can return the $650,000 taken from taxpayers for the Indivisible Library fund and not spend the $475,000 on their parking lot. Based on the proposed budget, that is 15% of the tax intake used for municipal spending. Not building the Indivisible Library should save a lot of future contingent spending.
anon;oqs6-054q

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 16 2017, 8:41 am EST    Post subject: Re: The 2017 Municipal Budget Reply with quote

I think the previous poster has a great idea. If we could recover the 1 million plus $ from the Indivisible Library Foundation we could eliminate this years tax increase entirely! All we need is cooperation from the Committee who has a number of enablers.
anon-s01n

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 16 2017, 11:06 am EST    Post subject: Re: The 2017 Municipal Budget Reply with quote

It is a very clear choice, raise taxes or fund a new library.

Let's see if the TC committee supports residents by not raising taxes or increase taxes for the Indivisible Library.
anon-992n

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 16 2017, 2:35 pm EST    Post subject: Re: The 2017 Municipal Budget Reply with quote

Common sense-6n1p wrote:
We could cut the hours that the police work to save money since they hang out at Teddys all day anyway !!!! Just a thought

How is it that the admin allows statements that are not true of our police department like this to remain on the thread but yet deleted the negative comments posted by someone with comments about indivisible Cranbury a few days ago. There have been comments made that indivisible Cranbury does not believe in open dialog just pushng their far sided views. This shows that to be true, the admin of this site is either a member of indivisible or certainly supports their views.
anon-992n

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 16 2017, 2:40 pm EST    Post subject: Re: The 2017 Municipal Budget Reply with quote

Is that a true number $650,000 the library "stole" from not using that money each year to better our communities library program? How is that even allowed that we have a mandatory tax each year but they are able to not use that money? I have been on the fence about donating to them but if this is true no way they certainly do not need my money when they have that much left over each year. Why would ANYONE give money to them!!!!
jimmy-87q3

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 16 2017, 7:41 pm EST    Post subject: Re: The 2017 Municipal Budget Reply with quote

Hi Kids,
I think we should all go down to Washington and lynch Hillary and her skeevy husband Bill.
Let me know what you think of my idea,
Regards,
Jim
anon-15o6

PostPosted: Fri, Feb 17 2017, 6:46 am EST    Post subject: Re: The 2017 Municipal Budget Reply with quote

anon;oqs6-054q wrote:
According to the Township Committee minutes the tax rate will increase. So much for the rateables! We are spending it faster than we get it.
anon-15o6

PostPosted: Fri, Feb 17 2017, 6:46 am EST    Post subject: Re: The 2017 Municipal Budget Reply with quote

Affordable-sq01 wrote:
The taxes are going up to cover the costs associated with our affordable housing obligation. The taxpayer burden would be much greater if not for the ratables. We are also much better off than some of the towns who decided to defer and go to court against affordable housing (https://www.tapinto.net/towns/south-brunswick-cranbury/articles/middlesex-county-judge-slams-south-brunswicks-af)
I think the Township Committee has done a pretty good job as far as keeping unnecessary spending in check while still providing excellent services and having our future needs in mind.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [http://cranbury.info] -> News | Events All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2